Damaged 9mm 100 rd WWB at OR Walmart.

If you or anyone you know bought 9mm WWB at the Oak Ridge Walmart today (6-9-10) you need to check to see if it is discolored or smells of vinegar. As far as I know just one case was damaged, but 3 100 rd boxes were sold before they realized there was an issue.

I would hate to think that someone bought this to store only to open up a few months from now to find it's ruined.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, better check any WWB.

I bought 3-4 100 round boxes of .38 spl FMJ last year, different stores, times, etc. Stored in a dry box, in a closet. Opened one last month, about 30-40 rounds were corroded, some quite a bit. One case was dented.

Separated all the bad ones, shot 'em up. All fired.

I checked the other boxes in my stash, all OK.

Wonder if they'd let you exchange them if you managed to get out of the store with water-damaged ammo? There are plenty of signs in most wally world stores about all ammo sales being final, no matter what.

Wonder if they'd let you exchange them if you managed to get out of the store with water-damaged ammo? There are plenty of signs in most wally world stores about all ammo sales being final, no matter what.

They had already sold three boxes out of the case before the realized it was contaminated. They had three boxes set aside so if the customer came back they could replace them.

That would constitue some type of a lawsuite for "knowingly" selling damaged products in todays society. Some regulation somewhere has to state that returns can be acceptable due to manufacture defects pending the item.......then again I'm sure buisness' can be wishywashy and be protected or have rules or regulations about it. If that was the case, the manufacture would have to replace them I'd say......:shrug:

Definately check ALL of the WWB at any Wal-Mart location before you buy it. I haven't had alot of major issues with it, but out of several boxes that I've bought I don't think I've had a single one that didn't have at least one or two damaged or badly corroded rounds.

Guest tnxdshooter

I stopped buying the wwb because it sucked in one of my guns. It will feed every other ammo including wolf. Now I buy the federal 40 cal they have for 14.95 a box.