Glock 27 - Uncomfortable to carry

The primary gun I carry is a Glock 27 .40. The Glock has an extremely rough grip which chafes whether I am carrying it on my back, in an ankle holster, or a cargo pocket.

Does anyone else experience this with their Glock and are there any fixes besides carrying a different gun?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like a Crossbreed Supertuck, MTAC, KHolster etc... Would place a layer of leather between you and the gun. I'm wearing my G19 in a Supertuck right now and barely notice it. With my 26, I can forget it's even there.

On 2nd thought, Glocks suck. I have a Ruger LCP I'll trade you for that terrible terrible gun.

Guest Glock23ForMe

The most amazing holster you will ever buy. Made a 4 hour drive the other day, had it at 5 O'Clock... Got outta the car, fixed my shirt, was like "Oh, I have my gun"

Guest broncobuddha

Only modification I made to mine was trimming around the bottom to make sure it didn't interfere with mag release.

It's a tight fit but I like it.

Something as simple as wearing a tucked in undershirt will help. The grips on my gun are very aggressive, and that solved the problem for me. For the ankle, taller socks can help. How its chaffing through cargo shorts is beyond me, maybe is just the weight of the gun against your leg that is causing it.

DM Bullard "Dual Carry" (IWB). My G26 is my primary, in said holster. Same dimensions as G27. No problems here other than finding a pretty sturdy belt.

Well, it does leave the grip exposed though, which seems to be the OP's main comfort complaint.

First person I've ever heard complain that the grip of a gun rubbed him raw, though, unless one had added skateboard tape or something.

Personally, I think having the grip exposed is almost a requirement for effective deployment.

- OS

Well, it does leave the grip exposed though, which seems to be the OP's main comfort complaint.

First person I've ever heard complain that the grip of a gun rubbed him raw, though, unless one had added skateboard tape or something.

Personally, I think having the grip exposed is almost a requirement for effective deployment.

- OS

Maybe it's the new gen 4?

The supertuck is a nice holster. When I carry IWB I use a MTAC. It has a leather sleeve that sticks up but I still wear an undershirt as it make it much more comfortable. For ankle carry please look at the Galco Ankle Glove (?) I think that is what it is called. It is very comfortable and I really like the retaining strap. I added the calf sleeve strap and you can literally sprint and everything stays in place. A little pricey but I wear it every day so it was worth it for comfort.

Mark

I have to agree with everyone that suggested a Crossbreed. If you order one, be sure to get the horsehide.....it will absorb less moisture and it's worth the extra $.

I would also suggest trying a Kholster. If you get a Kholster, there is no way possible that the grip will chaff you......it has a lot of leather between the gun and your skin. They're also very comfortable and probably the best value for your dollar in an IWB leather/kydex hybrid holster IMHO. They're going to be running a sale on June 24-25 and you can get "selected full moon Kholsters" for $40 shipped. The Glock 27 Kholster is a "crescent moon," but you can buy a full moon for a G23 and the G27 will fit just fine. I have both guns and both holsters and the guns interchange between the two holster models. You can always trim a little leather off the bottom of the full moon and basically make it a crescent moon yourself if you want to. The leather trims easily with a razor knife. If you decide to order a Kholster, pm me and I'll give you a 10% rebate code. :D

I have to agree with everyone that suggested a Crossbreed. If you order one, be sure to get the horsehide.....it will absorb less moisture and it's worth the extra $.

I would also suggest trying a Kholster. If you get a Kholster, there is no way possible that the grip will chaff you......it has a lot of leather between the gun and your skin. They're also very comfortable and probably the best value for your dollar in an IWB leather/kydex hybrid holster IMHO. They're going to be running a sale on June 24-25 and you can get "selected full moon Kholsters" for $40 shipped. The Glock 27 Kholster is a "crescent moon," but you can buy a full moon for a G23 and the G27 will fit just fine. I have both guns and both holsters and the guns interchange between the two holster models. You can always trim a little leather off the bottom of the full moon and basically make it a crescent moon yourself if you want to. The leather trims easily with a razor knife. If you decide to order a Kholster, pm me and I'll give you a 10% rebate code. :D

I took PackinMama's advice and ordered a kholster and I'm glad I did. I've since ordered a second one for a different gun, and may be ordering a third one soon. I've owned dang near every kinda holster known to man and I think the kholster is the best deal. Not to mention that Jimmy (the owner of kholster) has top notch customer service! The crossbreed is a great holster, but you're gonna pay more for it.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I took PackinMama's advice and ordered a kholster and I'm glad I did. I've since ordered a second one for a different gun, and may be ordering a third one soon. I've owned dang near every kinda holster known to man and I think the kholster is the best deal. Not to mention that Jimmy (the owner of kholster) has top notch customer service! The crossbreed is a great holster, but you're gonna pay more for it.

Whenever I purchased my Crossbreed, Kholster was the only other one that I was either willing or wanting to buy. I will buy a Kholster with the next gun I buy, but they both have money back guarantees. Mark, from Crossbreed, will buy your Supertuck back within 60 days with NO QUESTIONS ASKED. I thought that was a pretty good thing, and the reason I went with the Supertuck was: "Well, if I spend the 80 bucks for the Supertuck and don't like it, he'll buy it back and then I'll spend 60 on a Kholster." Either one, I'm sure you wont be disappointed. But this could turn into a Supertuck vs Kholster thread, just like a .45 vs .40. :crazy: All in good fun. Which ever one you get, you will be pleased.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I tried the MTAC and I personally didn't like it. I think the Crossbreed and the Kholster are both much more comfortable....and cheaper.

The MTAC's are smaller and More Expensive than a Supertuck, and way smaller and way more expensive than a Kholster. Only thing bad about a Supertuck is that you have to wait 3 weeks to get it.

Guest GLOCKGUY
I tried the MTAC and I personally didn't like it. I think the Crossbreed and the Kholster are both much more comfortable....and cheaper.

I'm just the opposite, I tried the crossbreed and thought it was real unconvertible for me to wear all day..