Crossbreed holster help

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MINI

Has 2 clips and the Kahr is smaller gun - but not as small as a something like a LCP.

You will be glad you got the MINI over the Micro as it much more secure and rides better. I use one.

The Micro might be ok for a LCP or Seecamp sized gun.

Are you sold on the Crossbreed for sure? If not, did you check out Comp-Tac holsters? Don't mean to butt in, just wanted to throw that out if you haven't checked them out.

I've been researching back and forth and have decided to go with the Minotaur MTAC over the Crossbreed. Everything I've read is the fit and finish is better with the MTAC but is a little thicker due to the body side lining. I also like the fact you can swap the kydex body for $38 if you change guns.

Inside Waistband Holsters -

Thanks Jeff. That's what I was worried about with the Micro. The PM is a smaller gun but the .40 ammo is a little heavy.

I have looked at the MTAC, but side by side it is a little thicker, and I would be able to conceal the Mini a little better. I also like the hooks on the Micro a little better.

Guest cheez

I would go with the mini for sure. The MTAC is a good holster but it has a 1 yr warranty vs the lifetime warranty of the Crossbreed. No brainer for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GLOCKGUY

I posted this on a different thread, but its the same thing I wanted to say on this thread. Well if I answered this last week I would say Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC Holster was the most confortable holster out there for IWB, but after I talked with PackinMama about the Crossbreed SuperTuck I thought I would find mine and give it another try and I'm here to tell you, it is the most comfortable holster out there. I don't know why I thought the Crossbreed was uncomfortable. I only wore it for one day. I put it up and order the Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC Holster and thought this was the one. Well I was WRONG the Crossbreed beats the Comp-tac hands down. I guess I'll be getting rid of the Comp-tac now. Thanks PackinMama for opening my eyes up to give the Crossbreed another try. :P

Almost all has been said about the 2 holsters, but if the interchangeable Kydex or the slightly better fit/finish doesn't swing you toward the MTAC and the lifetime warranty and thinner profile that allows it to contour to your body better doesn't swing you to the Crossbreed, consider this.

Mark Craighead guarantees if you don't like his Crossbreed after carrying it for 2 weeks he'll buy it back.

I emailed them to ask a question before ordering and he emailed me back himself. I thought that was kinda cool. Before mine was mailed out, I ran across a great deal on a new gun and emailed to see if it was too late to change my order. He said it was scheduled for shipping, but still pulled my order and changed it for me, which I also thought was pretty cool.

I have the full-sized supertuck for my P229, and will be buying the mini for my PT709 shortly. By all accounts, the Comp-Tac Minotaur is a quality product, with excellent customer service behind it, but when I went a-shopping, two things sold me on Crossbreed: 1st, everyone who has one loves it - literally everyone; and 2nd, Crossbreed offers a 10% NRA discount at checkout.

Good luck with whatever you choose, because by all accounts you really can't go wrong with either manufacturer.

Guest buttonhook

I got my crossbreed supertuck in horsehide today.....seem very comfortable so far. I've heard it will get more so the more I wear it as it breaks in. holds the gun just fine no problems and hides well.

There are a couple of issues...all my fault.

1. I should have ordered the combat cut since the grip on my PPS is so short, not really a problem since I can send it in and they will do that for me or i can do it myself.

2. I ordered a left hand model...I'm right handed DUH!!!!

but other than that I see nothing wrong with it. I would tell any one with a compact gun to get the combat cut. You could order it without then cut it yourself if you wanted to later I guess but I think you will need it with anything as small or smaller than the PPS

Edited by buttonhook