Post from iPhone

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kirkosaurus

iPhone rocks! It's really not hard to learn how to use it. Actually one of the easiest smartphones to navigate.

I still have the old 3G but have the new iPhone 4 on order. Hope to see it next week. :D

Guest db99wj

I am posting from my iPhone right now! I love this thing. The new software for mobile works great so far and I just downloaded tapatalk

Guest stmccann
Got an iPhone for fathers day. The 3gs, not the new one. I have no idea how to use this thing...

Did you post via Safari on the phone, or via the Tapatalk App?

Thanks,

Sean

Guest Glock23ForMe
Keep us updated...my iPhone 4 supposed to be in about mid-July. Figure there is a big learning curve coming.

Oh...and if you haven't seen it... http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/tn-gun-owners-announcements/41838-tennessee-gun-owners-now-provides-support-mobile-phone-users-via-tapatalk.html#post549295

Anything for a Blackberry? I read the Announcement from David, but didn't know if anyone had anything for a Blackberry?

Guest db99wj

I first went with the free version, but it is very limited in what it will do, the 2.99 version allows you to do everything you would want to do, check everything you want to and receive what you want.

• Administrator

I honestly haven't checked it out yet but people on other forums seem to like it. TGO/I don't get any sort of kickback off of any of it, so it's purely a money maker for them... but apparently a pretty useful application.

Keep me posted on how it works out for you long term. :crazy:

Guest db99wj

It definately is faster in loading the pages. Here is what tapatalk, the pay version, gives you:

Multiple forum access

No Safari pinch-zooming

Super-fast Post Loading

Customizable interface

Reply & edit to post (Read Only in free version)

Private Messaging (Read Only in free version)

See who's online

Image upload & viewing (Thumbnail Only in free version)

Edited by db99wj
Guest db99wj

It is what appears to be a stripped down version of the forum. It has a basic white background with none of the graphics and is in a list format. When you open the app you will have a list of your forums that uses it. I have this one and a Jeep forum, I pick the one I want, it asks if I want to log in under my username or not, and the first page is all the newest posts with a gray sub-forum heading and the newest posts in the order of their posting. Once you select one, it goes to the last post. You can see pictures, you can see avatar pictures, quotes (without the person that is quote which I don't like). It loads extremely fast, I guess it only downloads that particular item when you select it. You can select "Forum" and see all the forum titles, then if you select a sub-forum, then it shows all the threads in it. The main thing I see is the speed and you are not constantly not zooming in and out so that your fingers hit the correct button like on the safari or even the mobile versions. Here are some screen shots.

1084cd27.jpg

ff586719.jpg

4b1940db.jpg

e606c39c.jpg

01923284.jpg

90e534f0.jpg

As you can see, you can search, you can check and send PM's

Here is what you get with the More tab,

ee66e7f5.jpg

The main thing I see is it is very fast loading and very fast navigating. Especially if you are on the site a lot and know what is going and what the forums are.

Guest Glock23ForMe
what program did you use to get those cool screen shots

It's not a program. It's some kind of shortcut with the home button I think. The instructions are in the "What apps do you use thread." I searched, can't find it.

Guest db99wj

You hit your home button and the button on the top at the same time and it takes a snapshot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest db99wj

How do you update the OS system? Is it through iTunes, or do you go somewhere else?

I know you can "check for update" in the version tab of iTunes, but sites talking about the new OS seem to be saying, download from the interweb???