My first comm-block piece.

Guest boatme99

Guest boatme99

S_Cz52f.jpgPhoto-copyright The Makarov Page

I just picked up a CZ 52 (7.62x25) in a trade for my Marlin 30 AW I bought 2 weeks ago.

An evil little bugger. I had to have it.

Matching #'s, pristine, kicks like a snub .357, impressive muzzle blast, cheap ammo.

Came with original holster, extra mag., cleaning rod, and lanyard.

What's not to love? :D

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boatme99

Yeah, I've checked out the 52's problems. I'm not worried about the decocker, and already replaced the firing pin.

FYI, I found that the Soft-Armor holster #4-CS works great as a concealable holster if you want to carry. Got it at the GI Depot in Cookeville. $20.00

Looks great. I passed on one last year for $195, I should have taken it.

I would like to see a revival of the old 7.62x25 cartridge. It has potential for something, just not sure what.

I've been casually looking for one myself. I haven't had much luck, but I'll try the gun show this weekend. In case I don't have any luck...Anyone know where I can get one reasonable?

Guest smileyguy
Yeah!!! There's a dent in the side of my safe. At least it was pointed in a "safe" direction.:P

lol...I've never tried the decocker for that reason.

Guest smileyguy
Yeah, I've checked out the 52's problems. I'm not worried about the decocker, and already replaced the firing pin.

Not a bad idea to go ahead and replace the rollers too. Also, mine suffered light primer stikes with surplus ammo. I put a shim on the hammer spring and fixed it right up.

Guest smileyguy
I would like to see a revival of the old 7.62x25 cartridge. It has potential for something, just not sure what.

Me too. Poor mans 5.7, but with better terminal ballistics.

I have two and like the gun. Problem for me is the magazines. I have two that work well and four that are not reliable. The surplus ones are the best. Don't get the ones from Sportsmans Guide; I had my share of trouble from them. The gun is great though.

Guest boatme99

Yeah, gotta find a few more mags.

Getting a box of ammo friday. $120. for 12xx? rounds. Already went through the 100 I got with it.

While cleaning it, I marvled at the condition. The insides and barrel look absolutly pristine. NO wear marks anywhere.

The only wear is a very slight muzzle wear from the holster.

Before I took posetion, I was thinking of refinishing in some super finish, but have changed my mind.

I may get another one just to tweak.

Looks great. I passed on one last year for $195, I should have taken it.

It has plenty of potential. I plan on using a pistol chambered in 38 Super to build a pistol in the caliber. People have built 1911's and Glocks to shoot the round. There are AR's built to shoot the round, both gas and blowback. If modern bullet designs were used the round would be a very potent round out of a pistol as well as a rifle. Pistol velocities are around 1400-1500 fps while out of a 16" barrel the velocity runs 1800-1850 fps.

This is how I use the Tokarev round.

It is a Savage that I have chambered in 7.62x25 Tokarev. It has a 16" SS barrel with an 11 twist. The barrel has a tensioning sleeve and the barrel has been lathed concentric to the bore to help with accuracy. I am loading heavy bullets for this one but I can still shoot cheap surplus in a pinch as well as the decent factory ammo. The bolt face was lathed from a diameter of .378" to .400" to clear the .393 rim diameter of the Tokarev.

I had one I built a few years ago and really liked it but it had a 24" barrel and a 10 twist. It was really quiet and this one is a bit louder but still manageable with the 16" barrel. This one is still way quieter than a 22lr pistol. The previous one was as quiet as a 16" 10/22 shooting subsonics but still had the muzzle energy of a 357 mag.

Because I planned on staying subsonic with anything other than factory I saw no need to go through the extra expense of chambering in 300 Whisper like so many do. The dies for the Tok are cheaper, quality ammo is available as well as surplus and I don't have to fool with making brass. I did a ton of testing last time I had a Savage chambered in this round. This time I have a longer throat so I can make better use of the heavier bullets.

Here are some dummys I made up:

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

L-R

150 grain Sierra 30-30

180 grain Speer Hot-Cor

168 grain Sierra SMK

180 grain Sierra Spitzer

I am using small rifle primers and I am still working out the powder for this one but it will probably be 3N38 based on some testing I did. I may try a few other powders based on a what a friend recommends.

Here are a few pictures of this build:

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

Dolomite

It has plenty of potential. I plan on using a pistol chambered in 38 Super to build a pistol in the caliber. People have built 1911's and Glocks to shoot the round. There are AR's built to shoot the round, both gas and blowback. If modern bullet designs were used the round would be a very potent round out of a pistol as well as a rifle. Pistol velocities are around 1400-1500 fps while out of a 16" barrel the velocity runs 1800-1850 fps.

This is how I use the Tokarev round.

It is a Savage that I have chambered in 7.62x25 Tokarev. It has a 16" SS barrel with an 11 twist. The barrel has a tensioning sleeve and the barrel has been lathed concentric to the bore to help with accuracy. I am loading heavy bullets for this one but I can still shoot cheap surplus in a pinch as well as the decent factory ammo. The bolt face was lathed from a diameter of .378" to .400" to clear the .393 rim diameter of the Tokarev.

I had one I built a few years ago and really liked it but it had a 24" barrel and a 10 twist. It was really quiet and this one is a bit louder but still manageable with the 16" barrel. This one is still way quieter than a 22lr pistol. The previous one was as quiet as a 16" 10/22 shooting subsonics but still had the muzzle energy of a 357 mag.

Because I planned on staying subsonic with anything other than factory I saw no need to go through the extra expense of chambering in 300 Whisper like so many do. The dies for the Tok are cheaper, quality ammo is available as well as surplus and I don't have to fool with making brass. I did a ton of testing last time I had a Savage chambered in this round. This time I have a longer throat so I can make better use of the heavier bullets.

Here are some dummys I made up:

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

L-R

150 grain Sierra 30-30

180 grain Speer Hot-Cor

168 grain Sierra SMK

180 grain Sierra Spitzer

I am using small rifle primers and I am still working out the powder for this one but it will probably be 3N38 based on some testing I did. I may try a few other powders based on a what a friend recommends.

Here are a few pictures of this build:

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

Dolomite

Now that's freaking cool!!!