request Advice on getting Rid of Old Car(not running)

*****Mods, if you feel I am out of line with this post, feel free to delete it and PM me***

Wife and I have an Old 93 Grand Am, it was not runing when had to buy her one so we couldn't even take it down for a trade in at the time we had to buy her a car.

Well, it has sat here taking up space under my car port for 2 year now and I want to get rid of it, I know it would be worth something to someone, for either parts or scrap, but I don't know what cars for scrap are going for.

It has decent tires on it, not running. Body is actually is good shape for the age.

I have no way to tow it myself.

It is in Oak Ridge for referance.

Looking for some advise on places to contact to see about getting rid of it, would like to get something for it other then just totally giving it away.

Maybe I should just start taking it apart, and taking it to nobel metals little by little.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality Towing is just around the corner from Nobel metels. When we find cars abondoned on streets inside the City limits Quality will pick them up. In the case of finding the car abandoned the City has to go thru a legal process before it is disposed of. I have also had to move vehicles in order to resurface streets. In some instances I can find the owner of the vehicle and sometimes, like you, the owner just wants rid of the vehicle. Quality picks those up also. I don't know what they actually do with them. Their number is 483-8605.

There are several folks on Craigslist that will give you $200 for a car to haul off for junk. Last time I looked scrap was around $10 a hundred, which means they would get around $350+ for turning it in for scrap at Pull-A-Part or similar.

The other option is Kidney Cars, a Church or a school. That counts as a donation and in most cases is tax deductible based on sale price of that car at a later auction.

You could also try you luck posting it for sale 'as is' or 'for parts' on Craigslist yourself for $500 OBO and take you chances.

If you are not after the profit and you just want it out of your way, I would donate it, if you want it out of your way more than you want paid for it, I would sell it for scrap and let someone haul it off for you at a price of $200.

Guest TargetShooter84

Why not move it to an empty field on someone's private property and have a lil fun shooting session for fellow TGO'ers? ;)