IDPA Defensive Multi Gun

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a great idea but the rules say something about weak shoulder??? I'm a lefty and most stages are setup for right handed shooters. Would I not have to expose my lower body while slicing the pie with a rifle/shotgun?

DaG

Rifle - no more than 18 rounds, if more than 15 mandatory reload. No magwells

Shotgun - no more than 10 rounds in a stage, no more than 6 spare rounds, no pre-staging a mix of slug and shot in advance, no choke swaps during match. loaded to 5+1 max, No box magazines

Gee this sounds like a ton of fun... Not

Guest grimel

Shotgun - no more than 10 rounds in a stage, no more than 6 spare rounds, no pre-staging a mix of slug and shot in advance, no choke swaps during match. loaded to 5+1 max, No box magazines

Can't have the folks using Saiga 12's winning all the matches.

This sounds good to me. I quit shooting 3-Gun because of the cost of ammo to shoot a match, lower round count IDPA would be a game I could afford to play. To some of us who want to compete/practice with our SD long guns, but don't want to spend a lot on equipment and ammo here is a game for us. Participation is not mandatory, if you don't like it don't play, but why bash it?

+1

round limit on Rifles of 15 or 18 rounds? very IDPA. all my AR,s have a magwell even the sbr. if you limited on rounds why does it matter?

the box mag shotgun should have a place, like esp. no i do not have one but think it hurts not to let someone play because that is what they have. i have not been around very many saiga's but of all of the ones i have seen that ran 100% the owners put some $ into them.

their are many things I do not like in these rules. I will use them in my 3-gun matches to see what works and what does not. IDPA wants feed back, I am sure they will get it. It does make set up easier with fewer targets. I wish Beach Bunny would support it with a scoring program, They do not like, as I do not like, the one class lower rule. Too many ways to call it. The way I see it, I should be in marksman if I shoot my .45. Does not make sense. Auto loader shotgun needs to be max of at least 7+1. And I would like to keep my magwell on my AR-15. Their are several misspellings and dup. rules in included and excluded. In scoped rifle, extended safety release is in included and excluded.

send them feed back fellows

Edited by rstandley

I have studied the first draft of the DMG rules. Very confusing! Not their best work. Beach Bunny, just like any other software, will have an extremely difficult time to program software to understand logic that is unclear in the first place. How can we participate in a sport that is unclear and not able to score? If they stepped back and think about what they did with the rules, clarify themselves, maybe someone can code for the classes. Look the rule book was developed back in 2005 and they now just clarified some of the rules. I am not sold on the whole DMG concept yet. IDPA is for defensive pistol. I am not a fan of Saiga's do not own them but they do have a place in this DMG(especially when I beat them)!

+1 to what Michael said. The only shotgun I own is a saiga. To outright ban them from DMG is unfair. I can understand not letting me use my twenty round mags, but no saigas at all is uncool. My rifle isn't legal by these rules either because I run an oversized muzzle break in Open. Idpa should stay out of the 3gun game. I hope Robert will rethink using the idpa Dmg rules for his matches. I always look forward to his 3-gun match and shotgun side matches at Gallatin. I feel like using the IDPA rules will diminish the fun factor. just my $0.02

Ryan

Not to fear, I will make excepions. Bring the Saiga, put 6 rounds in the mag and go for it. I may consider other exceptions for the scoped rifle class.The oversize brake won't be a problem either. I am hoping for some rule corrections by the Oct. match. The restrictions on round count is a problem for me, however I believe I can come up with good stages within the guidelines. I may have to fudge it up on at least one stage.:tough:

Like Robert said they are looking for feedback. The email I recieved from IDPA said they want feedback through the end of the year so they can do any revisions by next years season begins. So lets give them feedback now and whenever you shoot a DMG match. The more feedback they get the better and if you like something I would let them know that also. My .02.

I have talked to some of the guys at IDPA matches and most of the people are glad to see more 3 gun comming to IDPA. I do not own a rifle or shotgun that I can use in 3 gun and don't see me owning either in the near future. I have been shooting IDPA for a couple of years and really enjoy it. One of the great things about IDPA is the way the rules have kept the cost down. I just hope that there will continue to be plenty of pistol only matches in the I-D-Pistol-A for those of us who only own pistols.

Edited by RotorHead