10 MM Auto fans

Guest cheez

Guest cheez

I know this is a dying caliber but after reading lots of impressive ballistic info I traded for a Glock 20 SF. I added some TFO sights to it and plan to do some deer and hog hunting with the gun. Just checking to see how many of my TGO brothers are fans of the caliber.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Glock 20 to carry while hunting last year. Very powerful accurate round that gets no respect from many people. Ammo can be found all over the internet but my local shop and chain stores rarely have it if ever. Hard to beat Double Tap ammo. I carry the 180 JHP at 1350 fps. Would love to have a 20sf since my 21sf feels better to me than the 20.

DoubleTap Ammunition

Guest cheez
I love the 10 Mil, I am not sure why you are calling it a dying caliber? I have never noticed a shortage in ammo. I have a 20SF it is a great pistol I am sure that you will love it

I said dying caliber because there are few if any gun stores carrying the caliber in guns or ammo. Almost no major gun manufacturers are chambering their guns in 10mm. Chattanooga is a pretty good sized city and I know of no gun store with any 10mm ammo on the shelf. It can be found online but at a premium price. I travel all over the country on my job and rarely pass by a gun store. No matter where I go I hear the same story. "The 10mm is dying but does have a cult following"

I love the caliber and plan to keep it even if I have to roll my own ammo someday.

I said dying caliber because there are few if any gun stores carrying the caliber in guns or ammo. Almost no major gun manufacturers are chambering their guns in 10mm. Chattanooga is a pretty good sized city and I know of no gun store with any 10mm ammo on the shelf. It can be found online but at a premium price. I travel all over the country on my job and rarely pass by a gun store. No matter where I go I hear the same story. "The 10mm is dying but does have a cult following"

I love the caliber and plan to keep it even if I have to roll my own ammo someday.

Got ya, I always buy my ammo online so I have never seen the shortage. I find it much cheaper in the long run to buy it in bulk. If you ever want to try some full spec 10 mm order some of this sometime, DoubleTap Ammunition it is awesome:cool:

Guest cheez

I have some UMC and some Blazer ordered for range ammo. I'm gonna try several different brands that I have seen online but when it comes to hunting with the Glock I will use DT. It sounds like some pretty wicked stuff. he ballistics I have read puts it above a full 357 magnum load. Should be more than adequate for some east Tennessee whitetails and hogs.

Guest 10mm4me
I know this is a dying caliber but after reading lots of impressive ballistic info I traded for a Glock 20 SF. I added some TFO sights to it and plan to do some deer and hog hunting with the gun. Just checking to see how many of my TGO brothers are fans of the caliber.

This is far from a "dying" caliber. It is in my opinion the peak of semi-auto handgun evolution. It is the father of the .40s&w. I whitetail hunt with it and love it. I too have the G20. I feel it is one of the top shooters of the 10mm auto. The Delta Elite & DW Razorback are also very good guns. For hunting, the S&W 610 is a great choice.

Yes, the double tap is a blast to shoot and some wicked stuff indeed. If you do order some from them they have a variety pack of 10MM that gives you a few of each load that is what I recommend you order to find out which load you like. One of these days I will buy the Dillon XL 650 and roll my own

Guest 10mm4me
I'm waiting patiently (futilely?) for a Springfield XD10.

Of course, I got to handle the G20SF at our new Academy store in Chattanooga, yesterday...and was sorely tempted...

Keep waitin' buddy, that ain't gonna happen in this lifetime.

This is far from a "dying" caliber.

You are right...it is kinda in the zombie stage right now. It could last another century as a legit cartridge simply because there will be guns around to shoot it. However you line up 1000 of the members here - you will only find 10 or 12 who shoot 10mm on a regular basis. It isn't that it is dying - More along the lines of "not widely used"

• 9 months later...
Guest cleek

I own a Glock 29 and love it as well. I've become very accustomed to the sharp recoil that is characteristic of the 10mm auto. Glock did a very nice job in design of both the G20 and G29. It absorbs recoil very well and makes shooting the 10mm enjoyable and a blast. I was also worried about it dying out, but I've noticed something recently that is encouraging. More and more manufactureres are offering the 10mm auto whereas they did not before. For example, Hordady "Critical

Defense" brand is offering a 10mm option now. After perusing the rest of the catalog, I found a few other brand names that are new to the 10mm. This shows me that interest is picking up. You fellas from Tennessee are very close to Georgia Arms (Villa Rica, GA). I went by there last summer while on vacation and picked up 200 rounds for less than 40 cents per round. That is pretty good, actually. I hear they make good stuff there. They are currently experiencing a component shortage and only sell the 180 gr. FMJ. It is not a hot loadiing at all, but is great for practice.

Nahhh,.. the 10mm isn't dead

10mm.jpg

Delta Elite dual port compensated BarSto barrel,Bo Mar sights mag well and all.... if I could only have one of my handguns,..this is the one... and what could possibly replace it ?

STI Perfect 10 STI International - The STI

14+1 and a 6" fully supported chamber ramp barrel,.. bring back the old Norma ammo !

also have 2 boxes of older Cor Bon 150 JHP at 1300 fps.195 USPSA PF yep have to download it to make USPSA Major or just freak the chrono guy out and run it hot at 200+ PF a (180 @ 1125 fps.) Comp worked really good with that load also with a 155 LSWC I worked up with Winchester Super Lite (discontinued now) moving about 1300fps. almost a 200 PF..

Edited by LngRngShtr

imo if you have a glock 10mm i do you need to put a fully suported barrel in it i have a lonewolf in mine also have a colt and a para from jim clark guns the 10 mm must be reloaded to get the real power from it in alaska the bush pilots carry a lot of glock 20s loaded with 200 grain fmjs loaded very hot my best friend is a pilot up there on the north slope and about 2-3 times a year i go up with him for a 3 week shift you realy see a lot of them up there imo that srecks for itself