10 MM Auto fans

Guest cheez

....I like my Glock 20SF. I don't believe it is a dying caliber just a niche caliber. It is one of those calibers you really need to reload for to see what it can do. ....

I think you are exactly right. The 10 mm is a great idea; kinda like the old time 41 mag. A 10 mm is as close as a "reasonably sized" semiauto can get to real magnum performance (...ala 41, 44...). I been thinkin about rounding one up myself. Handloading is the way to go with this (....and all calibers...) that you burn lots of powder thru.

Keep up the good work!

leroy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mrkirker

Totally agree 'bout it not being a 'dead' calibre. I've been picking up more and more 10mm brass at the range lately, and not all from glocks, LOL! Mine is a plain-jane , no bells and whistles, raw-boned, S&W 1st generation, no additives, other than a Bob Howard 'slickin'-up'. It's my hiking/camping gun. If I could figure out how to post a pic, I would.

Guest The Highlander

I have a couple of 10's and love them both, carry them both, especially when woods-walking. The Glocks are the easiest shooting of the bunch for me.

I know I'll miss a few, but Glock, Kimber, S&W, EAA, Colt, and Dan Wesson are some of the bigger name companies building 10mm's, and there are many more of the smaller production companies doing them as well.

I have a good supply of the Winchester Silvertips, some Remington stuff, Double Tap, and Federal loads on hand. I also have boxes of a couple smaller guys, can't recall the name right now. Georgia Arms produces it, I don't have any experience with their 10mm loads, but don't recall hearing any negatives at all about them.

I've got two Witness 10mms, one Fullsize, and another Compact. As many have stated, most factory ammo is pretty weak, matching the weak FBI loading that is barely above the .40S&W. It's a very easy round to handload, and in addition to better performance, your shooting cost will be much less.

I love my 20SF. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Very versatile, great for reloaders. Good for home defense or hunting. Did I mention I love mine?

ditto. I carry mine fairly often in a MTAC. I live just outside of Memphis though.

• 3 months later...

Greetings,

Long time 10mm fan here. First 10mm I bought a new Colt Delta Elite in 1990 which I carried until I got my G10sf. Both have been absolutely flawless throughout the years. The g20sf has become my all time favorite gun. It does so many things well and is 100% reliable. It has been my primary weapon while black bear hunting, with sixteen round capacity is an awesome home defence weapon and with my 22lr advantage arms conversion it it my everyday plinker. With a simple barrel change your shooting 357sig, 40s&w, 9x25 dillon (1995 fps 881 ft/lbs).

People say ammo is hard to get and is expensive, I have never run out of ammo in over 20 years of shooting 10mm. Some of my favorite places to get ammo would be: Georgia arms (warm and cheap) doubletap (hot and moderately priced) reeds ammo (hot and moderately priced) and swampfox (nuclear loads, nuclear prices). Some of the stuff at swampfox is so hot you must use an aftermarket barrel (1700 fps, 865 ft/lbs 135 gr nosler).

I would like to try some eaa's 10mm but have seen mixed reviews. The gun fits the hand nicely until the slide cracks.

Edited by ssallies

No plastic Witnesses in my house! Both are over 5 years old, so I'm not familiar with the new slide vs old. Neither has had any problems. I have a .38 Super and .45acp conversion kit that I use with both the full-size and compact. The .38 Super slide needed a bit of polishing at first, but works flawlessly now.

I am a fan of the caliber but there are no decent guns chambered for it. The witness is ok for the range, and that is the best of the lot. I wish it had gone the way of the 223: all guns chambered in 10mm and if you want a .40, swap the recoil spring. Instead, its all guns chambered in .40 and if you want a 10mm, too bad.

Fusion firearms make some absolutely beautiful 10mm's. Check them out. Dan Wesson had made some really nice ones recently. eaa imports more than just witness in 10mm its the sarsilmaz k2, a 17+1 da/sa turkish military beauty. How about the H&k mp5/10?

Edited by ssallies

Oh, I almost forgot. Colt still makes the delta and combat elite in 10mm. Kimber still makes a couple 1911's in 10mm. I enjoyed my delta elite immensely, 100% reliable, no malfunctions thru thousands of rounds. Accurate as heck too.