What followed us home....

Guest EasilyObsessed

Guest EasilyObsessed

Today my father and I made the drive down to Hero Gear to go see if we could find a new carry gun for me. What was originally just a trip for a single gun ended up with these two fellows joining us for the ride back to Nashville. Kimber Pro CDP II for me and a Dan Wesson Pointman Seven for my father.

IMG_02001.jpg

IMG_01941.jpg

IMG_01771.jpg

Going out to On Target on Monday or Wednesday night to try them out. The drive was absolutely worth it and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. A couple hundred failure free rounds through the Kimber and the Glock 27 is going to be up for sale :D New sets of grips for both of them and a magwell for the Kimber will be ordered ASAP. Thanks to everyone at Hero Gear! :D

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grizzly Johnson

I finally got to shoot my Dan Wesson Bob Tail Commander 1911, and I absolutely love it. My purchase was at Hero Gear and have all smiles. Congrats guys!!

• 1 month later...
Guest EasilyObsessed

Just realized I never really got around to posting up the range report:

Kimber CDP.

Compared to a steel framed 1911, the recoil is definitely a bit of a change. I have over 500 rounds through it so far. After 250 rounds in one range session I didnt encounter any of the "finger issues" that the previous owner has issues with:

finger.jpg

I did have the gun lock back on a magazine that wasnt empty several times. Quick call to Kimber and I had a new slide stop in the mailbox three days later. Then, on the following range session, one of the "tabs" on the ambi slide release decide to give up the ghost. The gun went back to Kimber and was returned with a new safety, refinished barrel, polished feed ramp, tuned extractor, and two free magazines. I took it out last week and it was flawless through about 200 hollow points. Pic with a set of VZ Grips and a Kimber extended magwell:

IMG_0241.jpg

Dan Wesson:

This gun is stupid accurate. After shooting this, I am honestly considering trading in my Series 1 Kimber towards getting one of these for my personal collection. The gun has been flawless for about 500rds so far. The trigger is great for the price, super accurate, and just flat out easy to shoot. If you are looking for a "range" 1911 at a great price, I would highly recommend taking a look at Dan Wesson.