N756B flying again

I could rent a Cessna 150 for $18 an hour (wet). Of course we only made $2.75 an hour at the time!

So you had to work 6.54 hours to afford an hour in the air. With current rates, the FBO employees would probably have to work about 10 to 12 hours to afford an hour in a 152...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe

First off: THANK YOU TERRY!!!

I just wanna say a big, public "Thank You" to Terry for allowing me to fly with him tonight. We flew to Frankfort, KY in his amazing Bonanza or "Banana" as Memphis Center Heard....

I got there, early like he told me to, and waited for him to get there. :screwy: We went out to the airplane, and I was kind of worried, just a little bit, because I am a Flight Instructor and the first thing that ALWAYS goes through my mind is, "Is this guy gonna kill me today?" (For the record, there was a shovel in the back of his truck) I had his safety briefing, which extremely impressed me, and we sat down and strapped in. The flight up was fun, uneventful and beautiful, the three best things for flying. We got there, went out to eat at China Buffet and I met his son, Terry (I know, confusing, right) and we ate and talked and then got in the airplane to come back. On the way back, I got to handle the radios for him, and that made me feel like he trusted me. After finding the airport and landing we pushed the airplane back and headed on our way. All in all, one of the best nights of flying from an AMAZING ambassador to flying. Terry, I know you're reading this at some point, so, THANK YOU AGAIN, and I would be honored and privileged to fly with you again, if you'll allow it. Thank You.

Drew.

Edited by Glock23ForMe
First off: THANK YOU TERRY!!!

I just wanna say a big, public "Thank You" to Terry for allowing me to fly with him tonight. We flew to Frankfort, KY in his amazing Bonanza or "Banana" as Memphis Center Heard....

I got there, early like he told me to, and waited for him to get there. :taunt: We went out to the airplane, and I was kind of worried, just a little bit, because I am a Flight Instructor and the first thing that ALWAYS goes through my mind is, "Is this guy gonna kill me today?" (For the record, there was a shovel in the back of his truck) I had his safety briefing, which extremely impressed me, and we sat down and strapped in. The flight up was fun, uneventful and beautiful, the three best things for flying. We got there, went out to eat at China Buffet and I met his son, Terry (I know, confusing, right) and we ate and talked and then got in the airplane to come back. On the way back, I got to handle the radios for him, and that made me feel like he trusted me. After finding the airport and landing we pushed the airplane back and headed on our way. All in all, one of the best nights of flying from an AMAZING ambassador to flying. Terry, I know you're reading this at some point, so, THANK YOU AGAIN, and I would be honored and privileged to fly with you again, if you'll allow it. Thank You.

Drew.

You're most welcome! I'm sure that we'll fly again!

• 1 month later...
I bought this wooden model at a doctors estate auction. They alleged that it was a model made by beechcraft. Any ideas if this is true?

DSC_0533.JPG

I don't believe so. The only true Beechcraft model I have ever seen was from the 40's and was of the original split window V Tail deisgn. That was at a Beechcraft booth in Oshkosh. I never have been into models, so I don't know a lot about them,though I was an accumulator at one point of V Tail items, but as far as I know Beech never really made models for public purchase.

It was nice flying with you and meeting you finally. Knocked some rust off me and dust off my headsets.

Great airplane Fast and Smooth.

untitled.jpg

40170_1377128679571_1572480518_30975840_2522800_n.jpg

Twin yoke, nice. The one I flew in was a throwover. I liked it most of the time, but sometimes a twin yoke could be useful.

Edited by Warbird