What is your favorite restaurant

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

My favorite Huey's is on Poplar and it's right-in-your-face posted, yet they don't post in Midtown nor the one in Southaven. Have no idea why they pick on East Memphis. Don't know about the ones on Germantown Rd. or the one near Collierville.

Edited by jackdm3

With all the immigration issues here lately I hate to admit that mine is a Mexican restaurant, but as far as here in this area goes I'm gonna have to say Poncho's. I've come to the conclusion that it's the only decent place to eat here in Columbia where you can get good food as well as good service. I generally tip well, and that's one of the few places here in town where the waiters and waitresses seem to appreciate such tips these days. Also the other restaurants seem to get new waiters and waitresses in so often that you never get the same one twice, which is something else that leads to bad service. Here in town, I've ended up with bad, even horrible service on several occasions from pretty much every other restaurant. Either that, or the food wasn't that good or made me sick.

When picking a place to eat, my decision is based on: #1 service and #2 food. If the service isn't good, I never even notice whether the food is good or not.

It should be noted that this is only based on my particular area, as I don't seem to see this as much in other areas that I frequent.

Guest db99wj

That is a hard question. It depends so much on what you are eating.

Texas De Brazil is at the top

Macaroni Grill because of the Penne Rustica, Ceasar Salad and Bread

Pizza: Memphis Pizza Cafe

Bar and Grill: Huey's

Mexican: Not sure anymore, haven't had a "great" mexican dinner in awhile

Chinese: Pei Wei is my favorite at the moment

Deli: Jersey Sub's; use to be Jersey Mike's until they pulled out of the market, this is a locally owned shop, but still cooks their roast beef on site. The have the best Roast Beef Sandwiches, rare, like they are suppose to be.

Guest uofmeet
My favorite Huey's is on Poplar and it's right-in-your-face posted, yet they don't post in Midtown nor the one in Southaven. Have no idea why they pick on East Memphis. Don't know about the ones on Germantown Rd. or the one near Collierville.

Don't think I have made it to a Huey's since the carry law went into effect....will have to look. Although, I do go to the huey's on poplar every once in a while since I work near their.

For chain restaurants, I'd have to go with Carraba's. I have a total weakness for Italian food.

For local restaurants, I'd have to say Western Sirloin in Decherd. Nothing special, except I've been eating there for 30 years, and its just like it's always been.

Mac

Guest jackdm3
That is a hard question. It depends so much on what you are eating.

Texas De Brazil is at the top Haven't been. YET!

Macaroni Grill or Carabba's for a tie for me

Pizza: Memphis Pizza Cafe Without a doubt!

Bar and Grill: Huey's Yes

Mexican: Not sure We discovered Las Delicias down the street from us and that's the only place we go now.

Chinese: Pei Wei is my favorite at the moment Yes.

Deli: Jersey Sub's; use to be Jersey Mike's until they pulled out of the market, this is a locally owned shop, but still cooks their roast beef on site. The have the best Roast Beef Sandwiches, rare, like they are suppose to be. I don't know many good deli's. Been trying to lay off the bread a bit.

Indian: India Palace and their sister location on Germantown Rd., Bombay House.

Middle Eastern: The Castle on Park and Getwell.

Pizza: Pizza Factory in Kansas City, MO

BBQ: Famous Dave's (luvs me some Devils Spit on anything meat)

General: Cheddars (luvs me their queso with meat and their swirl margaritas)

Steak: Logan's

Hamburgers: Wendy's

Subs: Jersey Mike's

Spaghetti: Fazoli's (baked spaghetti w/meat sauce)

Asian: Golden Eagle Mongolian BBQ

Martins in Nolensville. Best bbq in mid-TN imho.

Is this the same Martins that was in Franklin? If so, they have an awesome hot BBQ sauce and stuffed baked potatoes. The one in Franklin was sold, and it went down hill from there. Before, we used to drive the 1.75 hour round trip to get their sauce.

Guest db99wj

Oh, BBQ, tie between Paynes (their beans are fantastic) and Germantown Commissary for the moment. My boss is on a kick and we are trying the top 5 or 6 ranked BBQ places. Interstate is good, very good, but I think these other two have them beat so far. The BBQ shop got ranked 1 in this particular poll.

Guest jackdm3

The absolute service I ever had was at the BBQ Shop. And then the food was incorrect and sucked. I guess the staff doesn't like 3PM. It may have just been bad timing ... But as for me, I can only say F 'em.

BBQ - A&R on Stage or Fat Larry's

Mexican - La Playita. They have the best salsa I have ever had. Try their chiliquiles or their fajitas

Italian - Mimi's Italian Cafe has the best lasagna. The Penne Rustica at Romano's Macaroni Grill is awesome as well.

Subs - Firehouse Subs has become my new favorite.

Chinese - I like most. Panda Buffet is usually pretty decent

Burgers - Danver's

Guest db99wj
The absolute service I ever had was at the BBQ Shop. And then the food was incorrect and sucked. I guess the staff doesn't like 3PM. It may have just been bad timing ... But as for me, I can only say F 'em.

Hmm, been at least 3 years since I have been. I was with a guy(banker) who banked them, so we got great service! Can't really remember how great the food was. I went to Interstate a few weeks ago, on Summer and it sucked horribly. Ribs yuck. A lot of times, it just depends!

Guest 6.8 AR
Ok, I'll play. My favorite restaurant has to be Charlie's Steakhouse in Oak Grove, KY.

I challenge you to find a better steak than Charlie's.

Second that. They don't get any better than Charlies.

Fin Fusion in murfreesboro - Awesome sushi

Rio Verde in Nolensville - Best family owned Mexican restraunt ever.

Baja Burrito in Nashville. - Good burritos on the cheap.

And...

DENNY'S - F'n French Toast Slam.

Edited by Mike