East Tn TGO Members FEBRUARY 2008 Meet

I second that question, I can actually make it to this one, even with it being in Oak Ridge. Anyone want to/need to carpool down from Tri-Cities?

I so wish I could be here..I'd carpool with ya!

since I can pretty much choose when I go home, if I'm willing to wait the extra time, I can come home during a shoot. I think I will the next time I come home.:P I will then carpool with you!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower
OK boys and girls, here's the deal; I don't miss many meals when given the opportunity to eat and I certainly would like to get a bite to eat that Saturday 'cause everybody knows that pizza builds strong shooting muscles so let's meet for lunch at 1130 at Big Ed's and figure being at the range by 1300. If the weather turns bad and it's drizzling rain and colder'n a well digger's bucket then I propose we move the whole deal to Champs Sports Bar and enjoy an afternoon of fellowship, food, football or basketball on the big screens, pool and darts- and since we're not shooting, BEER. They serve plenty of soft drinks there as well.

I am in midstride of a diet challenge bet, so I will not be eating pizza or drinking beer either. But I will be at BE's at 1130 for all of you guys that want to finally put aside the mystery of who the best looking E. TN TGO member is. I'll post up closer to the 16th what I will be wearing that day, so it will make it easier for all you guys to find me. B)

Guest Phantom6

Where is this place?

It's around the corner and up a block or so from our classroom which means that it's at the corner of Georgia and Broadway in Oak Ridge. Here's a little map to help.

01.jpg

Guest Phantom6
I am in midstride of a diet challenge bet, so I will not be eating pizza or drinking beer either. But I will be at BE's at 1130 for all of you guys that want to finally put aside the mystery of who the best looking E. TN TGO member is. I'll post up closer to the 16th what I will be wearing that day, so it will make it easier for all you guys to find me. B)

Oh, that's easy. You'll be the one with the paper bag with the crooked eye holes in it over your head.B)

well guys and girls,

I DID get a chance to go out to eat with Mars before I left Kingsport to come back here to "lost wages" Nevada. we had lunch and I got on a plane a couple of hours later.

I will attempt to get my next time off to coincide with the day of the shoot so that I can be there and visit with all the folks that I miss!

I hope you all have fun with the big eds' lunch meet!

Looking forward to some Big Ed's and slinging some .454 lead balls at them steel plates!

With the plates I won't have to wait for the smoke to clear to know if I hit my target!

Now the tough decision, whether to bring the Mosin or the SKS, hmmm

I will probably only bring the .22s, due to ammunition prices. I need to sight-in or remove the scope on the Armscor, too. Maybe some .38spl for Mom to use in someone's snub nose if they want to bring one, since Mom's thinking of getting a .38 for her carry piece, though she's perfectly comfortable with things much larger (she could out-shoot my uncle with an old BP revolver back in the day), and I think she'll prefer the price of a snubby over the price of an XD9 (she liked your's, Phantom, and I'm trying ot talk her into one).

Would it be in poor taste to have Hillary targets?

Would it be illegal?

Good taste :(

And I don;t know about illegal, but they might not like it if we have another flyover.