East Tn TGO Members FEBRUARY 2008 Meet

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats man!!!! I knew I could push you over the edge. :D

Yep! you did. :) Julie got it for me for Christmas. I so love my wife, and I appreciate you getting me off my duff!

Phantom, I'm jealous of YOU! I should have took the job you offered...as it is now, I get to shoot only a half a day out of every 7 weeks.:(

As for the EMP. it's a great pistol, but unlike JMB's original creation, this one is going to take some tuning to make it into a superstar.

I may look for some different magazines too..since I'm thinking these could be a little better...they're meg-cair 9 round magazines. I don't even know if there are any other's on the market!

I sent you an email about that lady at Christmas, I don't know if you got it...pm me if you would and let me know whats going on? I would still like to help if I can.

:)

Guest Boomhower
Could we do this???

Were you not there for the last one?........One heck of a time.

BTW Mike, what time that night did the ORPD and TBI leave the range?

Hey Mike, I was wondering. Maybe this is a dumb question. But would it be possible if someone wanted to to shoot first , break for lunch then come back for the afternoon shoot?

Just an idea. I know I like the shooting part of meets as much as Mars likes the eating part and maybe some others do too.

either way is fine though. I for sure do not want to put you out any.

Mars can we do polls here?

Maybe with options for

1. Eat only

2. shoot/eat/shoot

3. Eat/shoot

4. shoot only

Just an idea. I guess it matters what Phantom can do. And as I recall, historically we have fine weather at our meet and shoots!

2/ Eat

Yeah, it really depends on Phantom. If he wants to eat, then that's what we need to do. If he only wants to shoot, then each person can either eat first or just go shooting.

Also remember that February is most often our worst month. So that may come into play.

what we need to do.

Does the WE mean you are in?

"WE" means all of us. I've told you, I have things to do that don't necessarily involve what I want to do. I don't get weekends free. I never know till the last minute if I can make it.

But, as I said, if Phantom WANTS to eat first, then that is what WE will do. If he DOESN'T want to eat, then there are OTHER options, and I spelled THOSE out.

You have made it quite plain that you only want to shoot. Sorry YOU will miss lunch.

I hope I haven't said anything POLITICALLY INCORRECT.

I hope you get to come Mars, I am looking forward to meeting the East TN crew. So far I've met Phantom and Shadow. I agree that the days activities are up to the host. Mike, are you bringing your BP pistol?

Guest Boomhower

Mike.....Pokey, ShiftYZF, and I were all talking about this very same thing at work today. I think the reason we went to the "eat at the range" deal was because of the time needed to do it all. If I remember correctly, the very first time we met up, it was in OR. We met at Big Ed's for lunch, and then went to shoot, and If I remember correctly, I didn't get back home until 7 or 8 that night. Granted that was the first time we had ever attempted a meet and everyone was talking and getting aquainted, but it did take a lot of time for everyone to shoot.

I, for one, liked the idea of starting around 10. This gives the early birds a chance to get there stand alone shooting done and out of the way, eat a bite, and then have all the fun activities that Mike plans. However, "I" want to eat out with everybody just the same. Utlimatly, as Mars has said, it is Mike's decision, but I'll cast my vote for shooting at 10, eating at Big Ed's with all the "eating only" folks, and then coming back to the range for the second blast wave.

Mars, the WE stuff is me busting your balls. I pretty much assume you are not going to make it.

And to say I do not want to go to eat is an assumption and you would be wrong. :koolaid:

Didn't read anything politically incorrect in your post.

Edited by Mike.357
I hope you get to come Mars, I am looking forward to meeting the East TN crew. So far I've met Phantom and Shadow. I agree that the days activities are up to the host. Mike, are you bringing your BP pistol?

I'll be there if I can. That's the day before my birthday. Y'all could give me a new HK94 for a gift. :koolaid:

Were you not there for the last one?........One heck of a time.

BTW Mike, what time that night did the ORPD and TBI leave the range?

We normally use cows instead of cars.

No Boom, I didn't make the last one that was right around the time I discovered you guys.

Flyin cows & missiles, right up my alley :koolaid:

Guest Boomhower
No Boom, I didn't make the last one that was right around the time I discovered you guys.

I was only kidding with all that hogwash, and I wasn't able to make it out myself last month. I should be able to change that this month :koolaid:.

Mike.....Pokey, ShiftYZF, and I were all talking about this very same thing at work today. I think the reason we went to the "eat at the range" deal was because of the time needed to do it all. If I remember correctly, the very first time we met up, it was in OR. We met at Big Ed's for lunch, and then went to shoot, and If I remember correctly, I didn't get back home until 7 or 8 that night. Granted that was the first time we had ever attempted a meet and everyone was talking and getting aquainted, but it did take a lot of time for everyone to shoot.

I, for one, liked the idea of starting around 10. This gives the early birds a chance to get there stand alone shooting done and out of the way, eat a bite, and then have all the fun activities that Mike plans. However, "I" want to eat out with everybody just the same. Utlimatly, as Mars has said, it is Mike's decision, but I'll cast my vote for shooting at 10, eating at Big Ed's with all the "eating only" folks, and then coming back to the range for the second blast wave.

I'm neither into starting an argument of dictating what we should do.

But I'm also not someone who is very passive and just goes along with the crowd. Never done that. Never will.

I'll eat first. If anyone wants to join me, then that will be great. If not, that will be fine too.

The first meeting was in Kingsport. I made the lunch, but it was our anniversary weekend. Priorities, priorities. I haven't made the subsequent events. No apologies from here. I was doing stuff.

Guest Phantom6

OK boys and girls, here's the deal; I don't miss many meals when given the opportunity to eat and I certainly would like to get a bite to eat that Saturday 'cause everybody knows that pizza builds strong shooting muscles so let's meet for lunch at 1130 at Big Ed's and figure being at the range by 1300. If the weather turns bad and it's drizzling rain and colder'n a well digger's bucket then I propose we move the whole deal to Champs Sports Bar and enjoy an afternoon of fellowship, food, football or basketball on the big screens, pool and darts- and since we're not shooting, BEER. They serve plenty of soft drinks there as well.

It all looks good on my side. I will most probably be shooting the .22's the most, since i have the most ammunition for them. All the other calibers are too expensive! Well, I'll hopefully be getting a job in March when I turn 16, since apparently even places who say that they do don;t really hire 15 year olds.