Guns & Leather

Guest HogMan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest highvoltage

went there last sun. very busy place. great shooting range. i have not shot in 10 years took 50 rounds before it was over 400 rounds. guess i got a new hobby.:) very nice staff also r

Glad you could get in the door. That place stays packed.

I talked to Dennis fri. night and he said they were expanding and looking for more help. I told him I could not afford to work there my whole paycheck would go toward guns, and he said there was a guy working there for about 6 months and has not got a paycheck yet. :)

I talked to Dennis fri. night and he said they were expanding and looking for more help. I told him I could not afford to work there my whole paycheck would go toward guns, and he said there was a guy working there for about 6 months and has not got a paycheck yet. ;)

:)

Guest DrBoomBoom

I go to the range there about once a week. Great place. The computerized side rocks. Dennis and his sons are very friendly and helpful. Mark was my HCP instructor, good guy, good teacher, and his son works there also, nice young man. Mr. Webster's always cheerful, and his leatherwork is gorgeous. They've got an impressive stock, not only fine weapons but a variety of accessories. Does this sound like a commercial? :hyper: It's a fine store.

Guest bulletproof

I get to go there about once a month. They really need a bigger building. The last time I was there was on a Saturday and I couldn't get to the cases to drool because it was so crowded. I'll probably be going on a weekday from now on. The staff are great.

G&L is expanding! They have added a 2nd building (behind the parking lot.) That building will house the classroom, the leather works and a gunsmith. (Yes, G&L will now have a 'smith on site!) The spaces vacated by the leather works & old classroom will be used for more inventory. I hear Dennis and the gang will be expanding into equipment and supplies for handloading. I was there about a week ago to shoot (weekday afternoon) and it was hard to get to the cases due to the crowd and I could barely get a wave in to Dennis as he was running around. Great place.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bkelm18
Great place I am a member ...I just moved to Tenn 3 Months ago from CT and like G&L ..I have a one year membership and was shocked to see the high end 1911's they have for sale there. I wish there was an outdoor range close to Whitehouse ..I miss shooting my 1911's at 50 and 100 yards.:)

LB-12.jpg3 Shoots 100 yards hand held Les Baer ULTIMATE MASTER 1 1/2" guarantee! lb2-1.jpg

Nice shooting. I'm lucky if my target looks like that at 25 yds. B)

Guest abailey362

another endorsement from me. Picked up a kImber from them last night and the staff was nice and helpful. Good selection and knowledgeable as well. The range is nice and cozy and I can see how it can get full easy. I can also see how it could get crowded in there quick. I was in about 7pm and was 3rd in line for BG check and barely got into the range after i got my new addition. Well worth the drive from Hermitage

Guest bazookazilla
Nice shooting. I'm lucky if my target looks like that at 25 yds. :lol:

If I get lucky, that's what my target looks like from 25 feet. And then I like to brag and talk a lot of trash. Threaten to shoot my buddies (from several miles away) and what not...but of course I don't really shoot at them.

Guest Rustyhogleg
I go to the range there about once a week. Great place. The computerized side rocks. Dennis and his sons are very friendly and helpful. Mark was my HCP instructor, good guy, good teacher, and his son works there also, nice young man. Mr. Webster's always cheerful, and his leatherwork is gorgeous. They've got an impressive stock, not only fine weapons but a variety of accessories. Does this sound like a commercial? :) It's a fine store.

:stunned:Can not be the same place I went to two years ago, Heres the short version. Mark was the south end of a north bound mule, his son nice yes but did not have any idea as to what customer service was about, Dennis haveing heard about my ordering a glock 33 and the cannot get it story from Marks son. then the son ordered a Glock 32. after I was told no 33 could be had. next thing you know both came in and Mark puts the blame on me and expects me to buy both. When I showed up to pick up gun Dennis looked at marks son and said you do not get credit for this sale and walks a way. What I thank of Mark cannot be put in print on this web sight and Dennis is not much better. :D If you go there -- good luck I'd say Guns & Leather is like a craps game some win some loose but if you cant a aford to loose stay away.

:stunned:Can not be the same place I went to two years ago, Heres the short version. Mark was the south end of a north bound mule, his son nice yes but did not have any idea as to what customer service was about, Dennis haveing heard about my ordering a glock 33 and the cannot get it story from Marks son. then the son ordered a Glock 32. after I was told no 33 could be had. next thing you know both came in and Mark puts the blame on me and expects me to buy both. When I showed up to pick up gun Dennis looked at marks son and said you do not get credit for this sale and walks a way. What I thank of Mark cannot be put in print on this web sight and Dennis is not much better. :D If you go there -- good luck I'd say Guns & Leather is like a craps game some win some loose but if you cant a aford to loose stay away.

From reading your post, I have no doubt you had a bad experience there. I can only say that I have known Mark, (his Son) Robert, and Dennis personally for years. (I had worked right next to mark for 12 years, and can state only my experience with him that he is a great guy, and a most trusted friend.) It sounds like you just had a series of bad things, and miscommunications happen at once. I can understand orders getting mixed up when you are busy, and things getting heated from time to time. Maybe Mark, five minutes before you walked in just went round and round with someone else, or maybe he was just feeling sick. Who knows?

One thing is certain... you had a bad experience, and you have chosen to take your business else where. I have done the same thing many times myself with other businesses. I feel that as consumers we need to do that more often when we don't get the service we expect. That is the only way service will improve.

**As mentioned above though... I may be biased in my opinion of them since I do know them.

I do a lot business with G&L and most the time I have had good experiences there, but I have learned who to talk to. When G&L was in the strip mall I bought a used Taurus 940 40S$W and gave 275 + tax and bg check ( over 300 otd ). I seen another gun there about 6 months later and all Mark wanted to give me for it was a $140, that made me mad I did not go back for a year and a half, and a couple of years ago I talked to Dennis about trading a couple guns and we worked out a deal,and Dennis had Mark do the paperwork and Mark just complained about how much Dennis gave me for my guns, so learned not to deal with Mark. Mark is a great guy to talk to and cut up with but I do not buy or trade with him.

Ben is O.K to deal with but if a gun has not been logged in he will tell you to come back later ( I live 35 miles from there ) but if you find Dennis he give you price on it.

Like I said it all who you talk to, I try to deal with Dennis if possible.

Guest finslayer3

Great store, it is well worth the drive. I live in franklin, and we only have a WAY overpriced gun shop here. Everything is at least 50-100 bucks more here. So the 30 min drive to Gun's n Leather is worth it. They also have a very helpful staff for dealing with Class III / NFA stuff.

Guest Shooting Coach

I met a new student there several Saturdays ago for pre-carry class training. They were slammed. It seems friendly help, good inventory and prices, and the best indoor range in the area draws a crowd.

After a few minute wait, we got into the range, and got the new student squared away very fast. I have been doing training a long time, plus the student was high speed and SMART. Neither training nor learning basic marksmanship is rocket science.

It seems Dennis & Co. has a great gun shop. It seemed to me that every employee had a smile and kind words for customers. I did not hear ANY Bravo Sierra from the Staff, which is unusual for a gunshop.

I will probably buy a firearm there. I keep saying I have all I need. Yeah, RIGHT!