Is .50 just too small?

Guest nashvegas

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
LOL, the calibre wars were getting silly...as usual.

The threads that people start to keep the worthless chatter going, are even worse:cool:

Guest RedFive
Is the Deathstar just too small? What would a dark Sith Lord carry as a backup?

baby-imperial.jpg

Maybe a CCS (Concealed Carry Stormtrooper). But if you think

the full-size one has an accuracy problem, just wait till you try

the pocket model.

Here is a comparison of the .50 GI pistol rounds against a 9mm and .45 ACP.

cartridge_1_500.jpg

50gi_chp_5_250.jpg50gi_chp_1_250.jpg

50gi_chp_6_250.jpg50gi_chp_3_250.jpg

Here is a .50 conversion for you 20/21 Glock lovers out there.

Guncrafter Industries : Specials

And for you 1911 lovers out there I give you this:

Guncrafter Industries : 50GI Model No.1

Guncrafter Industries : 50GI Model No.1

Guncrafter Industries : Model 3

Personally I don't think I would own one but it would definitely be a nice toy.

To answer your question, No I don't think anything .50 is too small unless you happen to be fighting tanks.

Dolomite

I'm not really sure about the .50 pistol rounds. Bigger has not always proved to be better when entering the human body. The "gold standard" for pistol calibers is still the 125gr .357 Magnum, which is far smaller than the .45ACP or the .44 Mag. As a matter of fact, the .44Mag has never been proven to be that great in defensive shooting scenarios. There is indeed a "sweet spot" of penetration vs bullet retention vs expansion vs speed.

Hell, I guess I had to be the a**hole who had to give a staight answer to a silly question.

Guest eyescream
.50GI is actually quite a poor choice for a SD round, it has lower velocity and therefore less penetration than the "slow" .45ACP

remember, you want expansion but NEED penetration.

Yeah. Honestly, it's a pretty crappy round. If I was gonna convert my 1911 to fire anything but .45 ACP, it'd be something crazy like .460 Rowland.