Need help with AR scope options

Guest 435

I have an Eotech XPS2-0 with a PA 3x magnifier mounted on a PA flip over mount. It is a very nice set up. I use it for 3-gun. I bought the Eotech from PA as well. Marshal is a stand up guy. Fast shipping, great customer service. I have bought slings, mounts, glass, etc. PA has a lot of my money. I am building a new upper. I will probably buy a 1-4x (when i figure which one) and mounts from PA.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FastMover

Save up and spend the money on an Aimpoint or Eotech. I had originally purchased a Vortex Strikefire to use on one of my duty rifles. I ended up breaking some type of inner ring shortly after obtaining a zero. Although Vortex promptly replaced the unit for free, I would not suggest using any thing lesser than a proven combat optic (read Trijicon, Aimpoint, Eotech) for a rifle that will undoubtedly see use. If you plan on using your rifle as range gun, then I wouldn't hesitate to use any optic that Primary Arms offers. They're affordable and seem to hold zero just fine.

None of my AR platform rifles are not strictly range toys though so I stray for away.

I couldn't get it to wash out in any of my tests. It did wash out looking directly into the sun though.:P It is BRIGHT out in the sunlight. But like the Trijicon reflex II I had the blue tint does make it bothersome to use indoors in low light unless you keep both eyes open.

They are designed to be used with both eyes open.

I am no optics expert, but I think the clarity is great and I caught it on sale for 69.00 last month.

The standard mount that comes with the magnifier lines up with the red dot.

In this picture I have the red dot on the quad rail, but I managed to get both on the flat top.

Can you fit a folded down iron sight under the magnifier?

Can you fit a folded down iron sight under the magnifier?

I don't have a BUIS yet so I can't answer if it would fit under the magnifier when both are on the flat top.

In this old photo I have the red dot on the quad rail with the magnifier pushed forward. In this configuration it most certainly will fit.

Guest Topgun121

I have an EOtech XPS2 with a 7mm riser base on my flat top AR-15 5.56. I recently bought a Vortex Strikefire as a cheaper option for my S/W M&P 15-22. I got the Strikefire with the high mount, and it allows me to co-witness with my flipup MBUS sights. They still flip up fine with the 2X magnifyer screwed in. I really like the Strikefire as a cheaper option for my .22LR. Works great so far (knock on wood). I got the Red Dot only version of the Strikefire and not the green/red dot. I read that the one where you can choose a green or red dot was not as bright in the sun, and the 'red dot only' version was much brighter. So I bought the red dot only version and it can get REALLY bright on the higher brightness setting. Glad I went with that one.