• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RichieRich
OK, the State of Tennessee impressed me with their processing of my handgun carry renewal.

3 weeks from filling out the paper work and getting the picture taken until it arrived in my mail box. :ugh:

I figured 2 months easy.

Mine was exactly 3 weeks as well from my DOS (eternal wait and) paperwork until mailbox delivery. From fingerprinting until the day of issue, it was just 13 days. I've run into a couple people from my HCP class, and they've both been about 3 weeks as well.

Guest RichieRich
Maybe they have switched from processing New permits to renewals. Something is holding my New one up.

If you're well outside the 3 week current time interval, it might be worth a call or email (I think another thread posted contact information of someone in Nashville who was very helpful). A friend of mine earlier this year waited the full 90 days before inquiring. It turns out that the DOS office entered his info in the computer, but the paperwork itself never got forwarded to Nashville. They figured it out pretty quickly after his phone call, had then he had his permit in 2 weeks.

If you're well outside the 3 week current time interval, it might be worth a call or email (I think another thread posted contact information of someone in Nashville who was very helpful). A friend of mine earlier this year waited the full 90 days before inquiring. It turns out that the DOS office entered his info in the computer, but the paperwork itself never got forwarded to Nashville. They figured it out pretty quickly after his phone call, had then he had his permit in 2 weeks.

I called one person on the 13th and was told they where still doing my background check. I figure I will call them again this coming week. Nothing I can do on the weekend. I was going to call them yesterday but I was late leaving work and I let time slip away yesterday evening.

Guest RichieRich
I called one person on the 13th and was told they where still doing my background check. I figure I will call them again this coming week. Nothing I can do on the weekend. I was going to call them yesterday but I was late leaving work and I let time slip away yesterday evening.

Hmmm...sounds like you've got a more complicated background than most of us!

You know every time you call they take your application and put it on the bottom of the stack. ;)

That is why I am trying not to call.

However I was very good, I didn't call until 2 weeks after people that applied after me had been processed.

As far as my

more complicated background

I think they are confused, by my age, the fact I have had motor cycle license since I was 16, car license was not until 17 (dad would not let me drive a car). The State of TN has no bad driving history on me. I have good credit if they look at that. I have never been in jail or arrested.

My wife said they are confused by such a blank background check they are having to re run it to be certain.

Guest RichieRich
My wife said they are confused by such a blank background check they are having to re run it to be certain.

My guess is that the witness protection wipe out raised a red flag.

Seriously, hope it comes through soon for you.