Needing some feedback

Guest Jvanhoosen

I would recommend looking at the Kel-tec PF-9 as well. Affordable and easily concealable as it’s always in my front pocket. It does have a little pop while shooting it but is not unmanageable. I also owned a P3AT and ultimately went to the PF-9 because of the ammo. .380 ammo was both hard to fine and expensive. You can find 9mm easier and for half the price.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want smaller than the glock 26/27i'll have to say take a look at the kel tec PF9 on the low end and the small Kahr frame on the higher end. I'm 5'4" but i'm a bit bigger in the middle at 160 lbs. Desert Rat can vouch for how easily i hide the glock 27. If i'm dressing up i put the P3AT in my pocket, but the PF9 gives you 9mm (the smallest if i can only have one size i will take) and the PF9 is very slim. The smaller kimbers are nice too but i have something against them and i really have no reason to.

Here is one more opinion to confuse the issue.

IMHO thin is in (single stack) and barrel length is less of a problem. I have an XDSC @ 1.2" thick which I personally dislike in a IWB. Its being moved to jacket weather months in a nice OWB. I plan to purchase an LCP for the warmer months.

As for the PK380. Its the size of some 9mm so get a 9.

Good Luck.

Guest buttonhook

I agree with the PPS if you like the walther. It is thinner (1" at the widest part the slide release) than the PK380 and it comes in 9mm or 40 the PPS is thinner than the 1911 also or the xd the only 9mm I know of that is thinner is the Kel-tec single stack and its only by like .05" but the walther has some weight to it so it does kick like a mule.

Edited by buttonhook
Guest Jvanhoosen

Ok guys and gals I was talking to a buddy of mine that works for s gun shop in missouri and he was suggesting that I get a glock 26 or 27 due to the size for concealment plus the addition of stopping power. I had owned a glock at one point in time and enjoyed it but felt it was too bulky for my small frame. Anyone about my size 130 5'10 carry a glock 26 or 27 that could offer feedback on that weapon for a carry gun

Guest Sgt. Joe

I also had a PK 380 First Edition that I bought as an investment, less than a year later I got more than I paid for it in a trade so all was good. The gun itself is a good little shooter but the size does not bode well for a pocket gun and once you go to any holster you may as well get a 9.

I also had the PPS-9 and my only problem with it was the total lack of availability at the time of extra mags and the fact that I picked up an SR9 and fell in love with how it felt in my hands and the idea of holding 10 more rounds than the PPS, the SR9c is now my EDC and is also 17+1 vs the 8+1 max for the PPS.

For small and 380 the LCP is highly popular but I have yet to fire one, I actually turned down buying one because I thought it was just too small and then a few weeks later ended up with a Sig P238 (traded the PPS for it) which is nearly the same size.:rolleyes:

I love that little gun to death but Eric has recently mentioned having troubles with his and I have yet to ask him just what they were, I have not had any problems from mine but I also have not fired it much either.

I also have the PPK in 380 which to me is just too heavy for pocket carry but is highly accurate and has been flawless. The Smith made ones it seems are however a bit of a gamble of whether you get a lemon or a cherry.

I did really like the PK but another thing about it is that one must have a little key type tool to break it down, not a really big deal if the key is kept with your cleaning supplies but I felt was worth mentioning.

It was, like I said a sweet little gun for the money and one day I will get another just to have around, it is a blast to shoot and feels like shooting a 22. A plus for it in 380 is that it holds 8+1 vs the norm of 6+1 in most 380's. I would still however look for at least a comfortable 9 for EDC.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide:)

Eric if you read this please shoot me a PM about what problems you are having with your P238, I have offers to buy mine all the time.

Guest jimothy

Sir,

I have a Glock 20 and today was 2nd time at the range and I LOVE IT!!!

Get the Slim Frame, holds 15 rounds.

I paid right at $600 for mine.

Recoil is very manageable, Im right handed and can shoot it left handed.

I also had a PK 380 First Edition that I bought as an investment, less than a year later I got more than I paid for it in a trade so all was good. The gun itself is a good little shooter but the size does not bode well for a pocket gun and once you go to any holster you may as well get a 9.

A guy left a PK380 here to have a holster made for it. I didn't shoot it, but although the gun feels pretty good in your hand, I believe a common brick would be easier to conceal. That think is almost Hi Point big!!!

Guest Jvanhoosen

Thanks for the feedback all I am currently in the process of weeding out the ones that look like I will be carrying a howitzer. I really think that if I can find a slim single stack 9 or 40 with possibly a 380 if nothing else feels right. I guess it all boils down to what I am comfortable with and what feels right.