http://www.theginblog.com/wp-content.../deer-gmc1.jpg

Edited by trigem
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe

Yep folks. Watch out for them things. Ok, well you can't really watch much since they're the animal equivalent of a ninja, but drive carefully when you're near woods. I see several deer vs. car crashes each year and neither side wins. Here in a couple months it's gonna get worse, too. Them boys ain't payin' much attention during the rut.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Good Gory Gracious !!!

When I was in my teens I was running about 70-80 on a dark small two lane road in an area in FL where TN Walking Horses were raised.

I looked up and one of those huge suckers was standing dead in the middle of the road.:doh:

I ended up doing two complete 360's and going off and back on to the road. I still to this day do not know how I missed that horse:confused:.....But I do know the only reason you are reading this is because I did.

I have slowed down a lot in my older age.:P

I liked those pics better when they were just links... :mad:

After you've seen that stuff a few times in person - and sometimes with no animals involved at all - it quits being so fascinating.

Guest Glock23ForMe
But this is VERY GOREY...

I liked those pics better when they were just links... :rolleyes:

After you've seen that stuff a few times in person - and sometimes with no animals involved at all - it quits being so fascinating.

If something says, "CAUTION... HOT SURFACE"

Do you grab it and yelp, "Damn, That's HOT!"

:mad:

If something says, "CAUTION... HOT SURFACE"

Do you grab it and yelp, "Damn, That's HOT!"

:mad:

Nope. But I usually knock the crap out of somebody that then turns around and hands me said hot object though.

( Trigem's post contained nothing but links, and no picture was visible until somebody posted actual pics. And the conversation, even without the pics, was interesting. )

Dumbasses... Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jamie
Guest Glock23ForMe
Yep. And given a choice.

And you chose to look, and then complained because you did... I know, it makes sense.. Right? :rolleyes:

I even edited my post for you, J. See, I care. :D

:P

Edited by Glock23ForMe
And you chose to look, and then complained because you did... I know, it makes sense.. Right? :rolleyes:

Okay, I guess I'll just have to spell it out to ya:

One, I didn't complain. Nor did I bother clicking on the links to the photos. As I've said, I've seen much worse in person, so no, a few "icky" pics don't move me much. But by the same token, I don't have any curiosity or fascination concerning such things.

However, whether he did it intentionally, or only because he didn't know how to post a pic, I appreciated that Trigem had done things so a person could read the thread or get involved with the conversation without having to wade through blood, guts, and gore, if they didn't want to. And no need for any parent who might have said sensitive youngster looking over their shoulder having to duck or dodge around the yucky bits...

BTW... I find it funny that on a forum that's supposed to be "family-friendly", and where nudity, foul language, or certain conversations aren't allowed because they're "too adult", pictures that might have a youngster - or an oldster for that matter - unable to sleep for a week are okay. It's most perplexing... :rolleyes:

Anyway, my "complaint" was actually just pointing that little fact out... and pointing out that if it was indeed intentional on Trigem's part, that you screwed up a perfectly good plan.

I even edited my post for you, J. See, I care. :down:

:P

I am sooo glad you're back in school... 'cause you are in need of the education, and the opportunity to learn to think instead of run off at the mouth... or in this case, keyboard. :);)

And yes Jack, folks were warned... then given the chance to look or not. And then given no choice at all after being lulled into a false sense of security.

Y'all following my thinking now?

Anyway... y'all have fun. And watch out for the wildlife that wanders out onto the road.

I liked those pics better when they were just links... :rolleyes:

I learned my lesson when I saw the TN State Troopers

booth at the State Fair in Nashville in the sixties. That

was all the gore I needed. No more, thanks.

Guest Daelith
Honestly my greatest fear about riding.

Mine too. They're especially bad out in our area.

We've already had one HOG member total a bike this year when he had a run in with a deer. Very fortunate he came out with minor injuries.

My son who is a Marine, while in boot camp had a run-in with a deer. He's an avid and good runner just like I used to be. One day he and his company were out for a morning run. He as usual, was in the front. Well, as they were running through the woods, a deer ran into him and knocked him on the ground. You gotta watch out for those Ninja Deer . . . They're sneaky. . .

I got into a duel with a big buck on the back roads between Bruceton and Paris

one night. No kidding about the ninja. It was like he was timing his charge.

We both lost.