Another New Guy From Memphis

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

Hello everyone my name is Nathaniel. I am a student at the UofM Law School in my 3rd year and joined up to expand my firearms knowledge. My current small collection includes a High Standard 9-shot .22, an.38S&W Smith and Wesson Snubnose, a .38 Special S&W Revolver, and a Glock 27 that hopefully soon will be my carry. Look forward to learning alot.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KimberChick
Shallowpockets?? Sounds like Pillowpants! *waits to see who gets the reference*

Dear lord....always one in every crowd...lol

Acutally, it started from racing. Going to tracks, running against people with deep pockets, etc. which lead to the tongue-in-cheek "ShallowPockets Racing" moniker. [/hijack]

Woot! We're taking over! Welcome:hat:

thats because you need a gun to live in memphis

Shallowpockets?? Sounds like Pillowpants! *waits to see who gets the reference*

what about listerfene?

Yesterday, Granny's neighbor in his late 20's saw that I carry (Had no shirt on while working the back yard). It's a decent middle-income part of town (Colonial Acres) and he asked, "Have you been threatened?" with a slight scowl expression. OK, here we go. Then he says they moved in 2 years ago and didn't see crime in that area ... except the 2 13-year-olds that broke into the house on the other side of Granny and stole a man's pistol. Otherwise, he said he bought into a "safe" area. Then I told him about Granny's carport being enclosed because someone stole the lawnmower because there was no garage to protect it. I told him where I live (Less than a mile East of Orange Mound) and about the gunfire that was a weekly thing with the neighbors on the streets behind me. His eyes popped out at that sort of activity. Told him I've been carrying EVERY day for over ten years except court visits.

Yes. You need a gun to live in Memphis. Even if you live in the good parts.

• Moderators
Yesterday, Granny's neighbor in his late 20's saw that I carry (Had no shirt on while working the back yard). It's a decent middle-income part of town (Colonial Acres) and he asked, "Have you been threatened?" with a slight scowl expression. OK, here we go. Then he says they moved in 2 years ago and didn't see crime in that area ... except the 2 13-year-olds that broke into the house on the other side of Granny and stole a man's pistol. Otherwise, he said he bought into a "safe" area. Then I told him about Granny's carport being enclosed because someone stole the lawnmower because there was no garage to protect it. I told him where I live (Less than a mile East of Orange Mound) and about the gunfire that was a weekly thing with the neighbors on the streets behind me. His eyes popped out at that sort of activity. Told him I've been carrying EVERY day for over ten years except court visits.

My in-laws live in Colonial Acres right behind Willow Oaks. Their house was burgled several years ago by the tweakers that used to live across the street. Overall a fairly decent neighborhood, but it is in decline. Homeowners are being replaced by far too many renters and it is hurting the area.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

I live in Raleigh on the Raleigh/Bartlett border. I keep all my guns loaded at home but feel the area is relatively safe. While I cant carry into school for obvious reasons I want the carry for when I am driving to and from school in case I break down on the highway at Chelsea Ave or North Watkins lol. That and for when my travels lead me into the less beautiful parts of the great city.

Guest KimberChick
Yeah I went and read your intro post and realized it was you. Where have you been recently?

A little burned out on racing. I've been taking a break from it.

I make the drive from Summer/Graham to President's Island and back. The description "into the less beautiful parts" doesn't even begin to describe it, lol.

Guest Guy N. Cognito

I make the drive from Summer/Graham to President's Island and back. The description "into the less beautiful parts" doesn't even begin to describe it, lol.

I lived on Graham north of summer for about 5 years. My grandparents owned the house since 1948.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

Yeah I am itching to run again. Seems like the past two years I run spring events, miss all the summer events, catch a few of the fall events and then winter is here and I am bored again lol.

+1

I figure I have been here long enough and nothing bad has happened so far, I figure I should be prepared. Especially after a few friends telling me they got robbed at gunpoint. I dont carry money so that would probably make them mad.

Welcome, your not the first name ive seen around here in my first few days that I recognize.