My hat's off to you. Literally. Because the wife can't stand it.

Guest jackdm3

I have a truck.

001.jpg

In it is a cap.

KelleysbookshelvesBobsfloorGrannystimbersballcaps043.jpg

He has a friend ...

KelleysbookshelvesBobsfloorGrannystimbersballcaps042.jpg

but sometimes I have to separate them.

Well, my wife had to borrow the wheels and I when she returned I found:

KelleysbookshelvesBobsfloorGrannystimbersballcaps045.jpg

Yet, this guy was where I left him.

KelleysbookshelvesBobsfloorGrannystimbersballcaps043.jpg

So I ask her, "Uhhh, hey honey? What's up with the camocap?" Her head sinks and she mutters, "I thought it might be better if I took it down." "Howzzat?" Anyway, I knew she was embarassed so I dropped it with a giggle. But here's the deal. It's a small object hidden behind smoked glass. And on the occasion I'm driving and wearing it, she rides looking at me with her eyes wide open for a second. And I smirk.

My question: Do any of you guys have city chickies that are a little embarassed by your country ways? I really wanted a black-on-black TGO cap, but that ain't in the cards yet.

Anyway, the hat "stays in the picture!"

KelleysbookshelvesBobsfloorGrannystimbersballcaps042.jpg

Edited by jackdm3
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to mention. When we go to see her parents in Hernando, MS, it gets rural. Lots of trucks. Lots of people taking their time. Some people you know and others you don't, but it's common courtesy to raise your hand a little above the steering wheel to say "hi" if someone acknowledges you. Been like this for decades. So I wave back, but she says, "Why do you DO that?!?"

WTF man!?

Guest Sgt. Joe
... You are indeed a strange, strange man.

Not much can be added to that...:cool:

Other than dont let the Ms use your ride,:D take her if need be.

Once I get that Ranger truck picked up from my dad in Bama it is going to be a ONE driver vehicle:devil:, I am not even planning on giving her a set of keys to it.:shake:

I dont know about yall's but mine is hell on a vehicle as far as keeping one clean,:-\ her car is a dump and every time she uses the van I have to clean up behind her before I can drive it.

I have the OCD stuff going on with dirty vehicles and I have it BaaaaaaaD.:P But then, I wouldnt have it any other way.:D

I think you are a hat person wannabe. :P A real hat guy would put their hat on as they get dressed. Extra hats are not needed in the vehicle.

That and i about can't stand things in my rear window, woudl rather have a clear field of vision to see with the mirror.

Forgot to mention. When we go to see her parents in Hernando, MS, it gets rural. Lots of trucks. Lots of people taking their time. Some people you know and others you don't, but it's common courtesy to raise your hand a little above the steering wheel to say "hi" if someone acknowledges you. Been like this for decades. So I wave back, but she says, "Why do you DO that?!?"

WTF man!?

It's like that here. I make it a point to wave at just about everyone I see when I drive down the road here. People that aren't from around here stand out pretty well when you don't get anything in return.

As far as the hats go, I can't stand anyhting in the windows, drives me nuts. I don't even like looking at other peoples vehicles with two tons of **** hanging off the rear view mirror or stacked in the package tray. Most of my hats sit in the closet and come out when needed.

Edited by Mike

WTF man!?

I have been questioned about this as well. I just tell her its the AFWRS and there is nothing to do about it. It is totally automated.

AFWRS = Automatic Finger Wave Response System

I think you are a hat person wannabe. :P A real hat guy would put their hat on as they get dressed. Extra hats are not needed in the vehicle.

That and i about can't stand things in my rear window, woudl rather have a clear field of vision to see with the mirror.

Not really any other place for them. Below the top of the rear seat is constant heavyduty construction traffic with lots of somewhat sharp objects. Framing squares, metal toolboxes, aluminum levels, wide putty knives ...

Can't wear a hat of any sort for too long, for it makes me overheat (really) , but I do wear one on almost every trip at least once to straighten out my unruly cowlicks.

I think you are a hat person wannabe. :D A real hat guy would put their hat on as they get dressed. Extra hats are not needed in the vehicle.

I'm a hat person and I have two spares I keep in my truck.

One is there for me to use if I know I'm gonna be sweating as I don't want my good hat to get stained.

The other spare is my 'cool hat'. It's kinda like the cool side of a pillow.

There's no better feeling then to change into a cooler hat in the middle of summer :P

I got my Jeep hat that goes from inside to the shifter in the jeep, my visor hat that I wear some times as well. I love running in visors, keeps the sun out of my eyes and lets heat escape from the top of my head. I also have another one in the back...just in case.

I wave at other Jeeps and when I'm out of Memphis, I'll wave at others. Growing up in Dyersburg....you waved, at everyone.

heck it looks like I am outta step on the hat thing. Gotta throw a couple in the truck now to keep up with you all.

Not that it matters much but I quit worrying about sweat stains on my hats. When I wear one to work a few times it starts looking nasty. To clean it I just wear it into the shower and wash it with shampoo. Comes out looking good as new every time.

Got about a four hat rotation going on usually.

I hate to be overly technical but that isn't a "hat." That is a cap. I wear hats. Mostly, Stetson fedoras and Open Roads, but those are hats, not caps. Now, don't get me wrong, I'll wear a cap too, when I think it's appropriate, but generally, I wear hats. Luckily, mostly, my wife doesn't mind a man in a hat.

I have been questioned about this as well. I just tell her its the AFWRS and there is nothing to do about it. It is totally automated.

AFWRS = Automatic Finger Wave Response System

AFWRS Simple, just raise index finger don't even have move hand from wheel. We still use around here but doesn't apply to all vehicles.

Et tu, brute?

Coming from the man who wants another welding lesson?

:shrug:

Hahahahah, all in good fun, my man...

For the record, my wife's from Alabama, so she couldn't care less about me wearing hats.

Also for the record, a hat is a covering for the head, no full brim is required. A cap is a hat.

I hate to be overly technical but that isn't a "hat." That is a cap. I wear hats. Mostly, Stetson fedoras and Open Roads, but those are hats, not caps. Now, don't get me wrong, I'll wear a cap too, when I think it's appropriate, but generally, I wear hats. Luckily, mostly, my wife doesn't mind a man in a hat.

"My cap's off to you." doesn't quite have the same old-fashioned tone though, does it?