Pics of House Pets

Guest Armgdnman

Guest Armgdnman

Mods forgive me if this a repost, I did a couple of searches.

Ok here goes,

Time to post of pics of your family pet. Whatever you want to call them, furry members of the family, cohorts in crime or your best friend just post a pic and tell a little background to them.

I'll start

This is D-Bo. He's been with me for about a year and a half now. I saved him from a dirtbag here in West Knoxville. They moved out in the middle of the night and trashed the house they were being kicked out of and cut him loose. D-Bo was a year old and 45lbs and you could see his ribs and hips when he became legally part of my family. He's about 85lbs in this pic and in really good shape. A great dog and my best friend.debo2.jpg

By armgdnman at 2010-07-01

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KimberChick

ooh, I'll play.

Arlo. He's 9, and is very much like a dog. Toilet drinker, paper chewer upper, wrestles in the floor with you...

Arlo_window.jpg

Tiki. She's 6. She was rescued from a car lot dumpster Christmas eve when she was about 8 weeks old. It was freezing cold, it had snowed/iced over and there was a stinky little kitten mewing. Some guys cleaning up the shop before the holiday heard her and she came home to me.

Tiki_window.jpg

Here is my a-hole of a dog Aston. Got him 4 years ago when he was 6 weeks old and has been a fantastic, stubborn headed, aggressive, overly protective, lazy, and loving dog ever since LOL.

At a couple months old

n56710061_30672739_6565.jpg

At 4 years old temporarily tolerating a Bichon puppy

n56710061_32224004_7792.jpg

Guest Glock23ForMe

Alright, here goes... These two canines, together, can chew anything on this planet, edible or not. I came home one day with my 650 page Spanish Culture book in A MILLION pieces! They are awesome though, my girlfriend was stand-offish at first, but now they all three fall asleep on the couch together.. All bundled up.

IMG00095-20100817-1426.jpg

This is Sydnee doing what she does best. Sydnee is a 2 year old Pointer/Blue Tick mix. She used to sleep in bed with me until she decided to shed like CRAZY for 8 months out of the year. I got Sydnee from the Johnson City/Washington County Animal Shelter when she was just a little thing. When I got her, she could fit across my lap, nose to tail. Now, she weighs about 65 lbs and sleeps all the time. She has some funny habits, everytime I get into the shower, no matter where she is or what she is doing, she comes into the bathroom and lays down on the mat right outside of the shower, everytime. If I don't leave the bathroom door open... She will stand and bark at the bathroom door until I open it.

Next:

0921090802.jpg

This is Charlee. Charlee was given to me by a Border Collie breeder. I got him when he was about 5 lbs, and now he is about 35. The vet says he's full blooded, but I'm not sure since he was given to me. He is very much like a Border Collie, a few month ago, he was running circles around a white Wal-Mart bag as it was blowing across the parking lot. Charlee is EXTREMELY hyper and aggravates the crap out of Sydnee when she is trying to sleep. This is him protecting his Rawhide that Sydnee loves to steal from him. No funny habits for Charlee, other than he loves to sit on your lap. Always.

Edited by Glock23ForMe

I wish I could have a second dog for Aston. I tried this week with a 7 month old female pit. That lasted all of 15 minutes until he tore into her twice. I cant keep dogs around him. He was socialized as a puppy and everything lol. That Bichon up there was making all sorts of crazy noises and I go into the kitchen and he has her head in his mouth and shes going nuts cause she went near his food. I guess some dogs are just one dog dogs if that makes sense.

Guest KimberChick
I wish I could have a second dog for Aston. I tried this week with a 7 month old female pit. That lasted all of 15 minutes until he tore into her twice. I cant keep dogs around him. He was socialized as a puppy and everything lol. That Bichon up there was making all sorts of crazy noises and I go into the kitchen and he has her head in his mouth and shes going nuts cause she went near his food. I guess some dogs are just one dog dogs if that makes sense.

that's how I ended up with Arlo. A coworker at the law firm I worked at....gah, 8 years ago now, got him from a local animal shelter. She had just moved here from South Carolina and thought her other cat was lonely and acting depressed. Turns out, her other cat just really didn't like company. To restore the peace in her house, I took him in.

Yeah I felt awful cause I had to return the pit with a bloody ear and everything. Im like I feel bad but I think for the benefit of her health she will need to go somewhere else. She is a big baby too and toally sweet. Wish I could have kept her, but Aston comes first.

Guest Glock23ForMe

My two will get into a little sibling rivalry every now and then... I look at it as if I had two kids, they never hurt each other, its just if someone steals a tennis ball or rawhide from the other. I just let them duke it out, then they both get sad and sit on different ends of the house, then 15 minutes later, they're laying on top of each other asleep on the couch.

Sitting on the front porch one day, this dude showed up to grab some of my popcorn. I've been incredibly allergic to cats my whole life, so I greeted it with much trepidation. It was cold that day and after supping, he quickly jumped in my lap. "WTF?" I says. "Purrrrr!" he says. He stuck around in a 2 house range. Showed up at dinner time, but obviously we didn't have feline food. He got chicken breast and destroyed it. "Oh, my!" Kathy went to a Dollar General near her office the next day to get something cheap, as we didn't know if it would stay long.

He stuck around to the point that we thought we should get him checked and fixed if need be. He gave us a lovely batch of fleas, so that was a primary directive at the vet. He gets one tiny vial of drops on the back of his neck once a month and everything is groovy. All that was 1.5 years ago when he was 11 lbs. He's just over 14 now, but you wouldn't know it when he's getting a monthly bath. He fought that for 2 or 3 months, but he likes it now and gets crazy with energy when we dry him off.

While at the pet store one day, we were bragging about him and I mentioned that I was deathly allergic to cats but had no probs with him. They asked his breed (Maine Coon) and said, "You're not going to have a problem with him." Huh? "Take all the cats in the world. You have the Maine Coon, Norwegian Forest Cat and the Persian. Now put all the other shorthair cats in the other category. You'll be safe with any of the longhaired, Rockstar kitties." Despite the hair, he's hacked up only one hairball around us.

Anyway, I could go on for an hour at the least. His name is Tiger. This was a month after showing up and before his coat came out.

HPIM0113.jpg

He keeps us warm.

044.jpg

046.jpg

He dies many, many times a day. "9 lives" my ass!

HPIM0116.jpg

About every other week, I look at him being playful and guarding the "estate" and I tell Kathy, "Whoever kicked him out or let him go, I want to kick their asses with intensity."

Edited by jackdm3
Guest Archminister01

These are my boys... They love Christmas!

5400_1176160894003_1527515900_30465430_7101290_n.jpg

The brown dog is 98% Bloodhound 2% Rhodesian Ridgeback..aka Southwest Bloodhound and the black one is Black Lab/Sharpei mix.

They are party animals and think of themselves as human.

its no lie .... we love our furbabies. We have 6 in total :P

First Up, Camelot and Jordy (best friends)

Camelot: 5 year old St Bernard. He's about 150 lbs. We adopted him last year. VERY people oriented, as long as its not a stranger in his house. VERY dominant - Any dog minus his sister that is about half his size or bigger will likely get pretty beat up. He doesn't warn when he is about to attack, he just goes at their neck.

Jordy: 10 month old French Bulldog (frenchie) We got him from a Kentucky breeder when he was 10 weeks old. Loves everything and everybody. Love's to chew wood (our window sills have paid the price dearly for this) so we are hoping he grows out of it soon. He is best friends with his big brother Camelot. Where you see one, you will likely see the other.

CamelotandJordy2.jpg

CamelotandJordy.jpg

Jordy2-2.jpg

Kaylee: Our baby Girl .... We got her when she was 8 weeks old. She is now just over 2. She sleeps 23.5 hours out of a 24 hour day. She only likes to go outside to poop/pee/drink water. Otherwise, you find her inside "HER" master bedroom sleeping. She's a bit shy/timid, but a complete love bug :D

kayleeedited.jpg

Lastly, our Cats:

Lacey & Fancy: Adopted them at 8 weeks old. They are sisters. Used to be feral and don't like ANYONE except my fiance and I. They are both extremely small (Fancy - the dark haired one) weighs in at only 4 lbs :)

DSC00734.jpg

And Mr. Lazarus: We adopted Lazarus about 2 months ago. He's about 2 years old. Was hit by a car and taken to a vet who fixed him up and fostered him until he found a forever home. He is a COMPLETE love bug. Loves everyone ... Lazarus is "not all there" He stumbles and wobbles when he walks, not because of broken bones, but because he was hit in the head by the car. His equilibrium is shot ... and his eyes can't focus. But, we love him, and he gets to spend the rest of his years enjoying house life.

Lazarus.jpg

Stupid question how did you get the st bernard and bulldog to get along?

actually, that's a really good question. The first day we brought Jordy home (the frenchie) and he was all of 4-5 lbs, Camelot did NOT like him. I was holding Jordy and Camelot kept trying to nip at him. Over the next week or two, we just kept a very close eye on the both of them, and after that they were fine. Jordy has no fear and thinks he is a st bernard. When they play, Camelot is on his back barking like a little Chihuahua and jordy is wrestling him on top. They are inseparable now ... They pee together, they eat together, they cuddle together. Its like a man and his dog ... Except the man is just a very big dog :P Jordy is the only dog Camelot completely tolerates. Even when Camelot gets pissed off at him and snaps at him, Jordy snaps right back. If no one knew, you would think Jordy ruled the house. Camelot only lets him "portray" that he is king :D

i would love to try having a dog spend more time with him but i cant watch them all the time and the boxer is VERY VERY food and water aggressive towards other animals. i can sit there and mess with his food and water all day long with him eating and drinking and nothing happens but as soon as another animal gets near it it is on like donkey kong