Survival School

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard anything about them, but I did run across that site about a year ago. I would love to do one of those type classes. However, I don't think I could make it past eating insects unless I really had to. I am no Bear Grylls.

I belong to another wedsite for Bushcrafting. It's one of the bigger sites for such things on the web. We are planning a national meet at LBL in April. A lot of that type stuff is being planned, so I hear. You might want to check it out. Could be a cheaper alternative or a stepping stone to something like Fox Kits.

I belong to another wedsite for Bushcrafting. It's one of the bigger sites for such things on the web. We are planning a national meet at LBL in April. A lot of that type stuff is being planned, so I hear. You might want to check it out. Could be a cheaper alternative or a stepping stone to something like Fox Kits.

When you get the chance how about shooting a link to the website. If I'm home in April I would like to check it out.

Guest strelcevina
People that want to be prepared. I would have loved to have gone to SERE school, but it wasn't in the cards. I wouldn't mind taking a basic class to bone up on a few things.

Survivor Exercise is such a Oxymoron .

U don't won't to learn how to use extra calories in survivor situation .

In normal circumstances u should to worm up and stretch before fiscal activity ,not survival situation

Survivor Exercise is such a Oxymoron .

U don't won't to learn how to use extra calories in survivor situation .

In normal circumstances u should to worm up and stretch before fiscal activity ,not survival situation

Please tell me you are kidding Strel. Not exercise like lifting weights. Exercise as in practice.

Guest Phantom6

I went to that Fox Kits site and took a look at their Wilderness Survival Course (Survival-101). I dunno. I found a few things that seemed a tad bit incongruent such as the FREE Lunch & Continental Breakfast or the FREE Cabin Camping Upgrade if you are one of the first eight to enroll. Seems to me that if you are going to learn wilderness survival you ought to be immersed into the wilderness survival environment by making cattail pancakes with foraged blueberries and constructing your own shelter rather than havinga cabin to sleep in and popping in for breakfast like at the Comfort Inn. Hmmmmm ;)

In 17+ years of military schools, Air Force Survival School was the toughest and most useful course I've ever been through.

One of my Drill Sergeants went through SERE (I'm assuming Army) and he told us some stories. Sounded like some crazy, hard, but really useful stuff. That's just one of the schools I wished I could have gone too.

Guest guardlobo

Let's do our own survival training trip. I think I can get 29 acres of land for the first weekend in December. Also, I have been training people in this wilderness survival since Boy Scouts. I've been on over a dozen trips so far and rarely come back hungry. If you are interested, PM me and I will start work on figuring out the specifics as far as confirming the place and date, purchasing a few supplies, making a training schedule and informing you of your responsibilities (such as what to bring, what not to bring, cost of a small survival kit, etc.)

Guest strelcevina
Please tell me you are kidding Strel. Not exercise like lifting weights. Exercise as in practice.

Not like weight lifting , more like military exercise.

It's tactical and cool, u stretch a little do few jumping jacks eat something light , have diet soda

Hollywood survival

Guest strelcevina

Why is so hard to understand that those survivor guys trying to attract owerveight/fat male,who soon hears word exercise ,thinks it is good idea. And at a same time believing he will turn in to Rambo if he buys a book

Same way gun websites trying to attract soldier/leo wonabes by seeing tactical everything.

Tactical coffee mug, tactical toilet paper ,tactical hair brush .

Let's do our own survival training trip. I think I can get 29 acres of land for the first weekend in December. Also, I have been training people in this wilderness survival since Boy Scouts. I've been on over a dozen trips so far and rarely come back hungry. If you are interested, PM me and I will start work on figuring out the specifics as far as confirming the place and date, purchasing a few supplies, making a training schedule and informing you of your responsibilities (such as what to bring, what not to bring, cost of a small survival kit, etc.)

i would love to do this

Why is so hard to understand that those survivor guys trying to attract owerveight/fat male,who soon hears word exercise ,thinks it is good idea. And at a same time believing he will turn in to Rambo if he buys a book

Same way gun websites trying to attract soldier/leo wonabes by seeing tactical everything.

Tactical coffee mug, tactical toilet paper ,tactical hair brush .

and you opening your mouth makes you tactifool