Finally bit the bullet for a CrossBreed SD. What can I expect?

Guest Miracle

Guest Miracle

Finally took the bullet in the wallet and sprung for a CB Super Deluxe IWB holster.

Never carried IWB before, but I hear that the CB's are REALLY the best IWB out there.

For those of you that have it, what do you like/dislike about it? How does it feel compared to other IWB's you've had? How comfortable is it? How easy is it to draw from?

I'm really looking forward to getting it in tomorrow, and trying it out. I already have a few pairs of larger than needed pants, so that won't be an issue.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally took the bullet in the wallet and sprung for a CB Super Deluxe IWB holster.

Never carried IWB before, but I hear that the CB's are REALLY the best IWB out there.

For those of you that have it, what do you like/dislike about it? How does it feel compared to other IWB's you've had? How comfortable is it? How easy is it to draw from?

I'm really looking forward to getting it in tomorrow, and trying it out. I already have a few pairs of larger than needed pants, so that won't be an issue.

Well I don't know if they are the best IWB, but they are pretty good. I have several IWB's, inlcuding several Milt Sparks, Occidental TT Gunleather, MTAC and more. I was honestly hopeful when I bought the CBST as my first kydex/leather hybrid, but I was skeptical. I can tell you that I have been very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is and how well it works. I like it much better than the Kholster that I have and probably even with my MTAC. The MTAC is finished out better and has more attention to detail, but in the end they are about equal in comfort each having its own pros and cons. My Sparks are VMII> I have never liked their Summer Special as I don't like any holster with narrow retention points. That is just me and my preferences. I like a holster that is wide and spreads itself out over a larger area. What does that mean, it means it can also get hotter and means you have more direct contact with leather than the narrower profile of a Summer Special type rig. It is all up to the individual.

Is it better than leather, I don't know. I wore leather so long I am used to them. A high quality leather I think wears on a gun better. Leather takes a lot longer to break in. The CBST will be conforming to your body within a couple of days. It is nice and thin and you will acclimate to it quickly with a good belt. It is very quick to draw from and easily reholsters. The kydex on them is quite thin, will this make it more likely to break n the future, I have no idea. Mine has been worn a lot and no problems. It doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, though in the summer sweat can get through to the gun quicker than thicker leather. But, they will all allow sweat to get through. Just make sure you keep your gun wiped down every few days. This is a must for any gun and IWB combo.

I personally don't think this holster will be around as long as my Sparks, but it didn't cost half of what the Sparks did. I had it in a couple of weeks, versus a year and I can easily replace it. And a Sparks takes quite a while to break in and conform to your body as well as break in for the gun and easy draw. I said this a few weeks ago and still can't believe I did, but I find the CBST and MTAC to be as comfortable as my Sparks and other IWB holsters of equal quality. Leather still has these hybrids on several fronts, but I now use my CBST more than any other holster. ALL IWB's will take some getting used to, there is no question about that.

I typically find I prefer one size larger pants, unless I am wearing my 5.11 pants. They have elastic on each side to make additional room for carry purposes. I am not much into tactical stuff, from a clothing point of view. However, the 5.11 pants I am a TRUE believer in and I am sevral pairs of them in different non=tac colors. They are w/o a doubt the most comfortable pants I have ever worn. I wear mine anytime I can dress casual and I have even worn mine hunting in the mountains.

Edited by Warbird

I'm happy with my ST, though I've never tried a high-end leather holster. Retention is adjustable by heating and gently molding the kydex. The retention on mine seemed a little light when I got it, but I did various running/jumping/tumbling activities and the gun stayed put, so I guess it's ok.

And yes, a proper gun belt plus 2" larger waist pants will help tremendously with comfort.

Guest spoolie

I own two and about to be three crossbreed deluxe supertuck iwb holsters.... I've thrown all the others into a box for my friends to pick through when they visit. Kevin, trust me.....best bank for the 72.00.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Guest Miracle
You've also lost your magazine, so hopefully you still at least have the one in the chamber. :D

- OS

Nah... I had just gotten done cleaning it and tried on the new ST. Before it was placed by the bed, it was ready to rock... trust me. :D

great holster, the longer you wear it the more it will contour to your body. you will then hardly remember its there. I love mine, both my XD subbie and XD 4" will fit it so I have 1 holster and can carry either firearm. Thinking about one for the 1911

Told you so, but you're suppose to tuck your shirt over the weapon!!!!!

Like this.... Full size 1911.

a6cd0fef-1b83-9d31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

you can't fool us, you are carrying that firearm on your right side away from the mirror.......we know how you are.......

I have a Crossbreed Super Deluxe for my M&P. I rarely use it. I thought I could get use to Kydex; but I can’t. I have wanted to give the D.M. Bullard a try but haven’t got around to it.

One advantage the Crossbreed has is that I can carry either my Fullsize or Compact M&P in it. With the Bullard I would need two holsters.

Guest spoolie
you can't fool us, you are carrying that firearm on your right side away from the mirror.......we know how you are.......

Busted!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk