Gun Buster Signs Be Heard

Guest Zombie-Hunter

Guest Zombie-Hunter

Greetings All,

I am a long time reader of the forum but I joined only to make this post.

This kinda goes inline with another member who created the Nogunnobusiness.com (I am sorry don’t remember who created it, but I joined) only difference is I think this hits more local and personal.

Way bigger chance these businesses will know your complaints. More and more places are putting up gun buster signs, this is more than just a sign stopping legal citizens whether or not they know, it is a endorsement for the anti-gun coward never is the pro-gun people heard on a personal level. They don’t have a clue whether you’re not doing business there because of the sign or the prices.

I purpose to TGO that each member go to Yahoo and write a review on local businesses you are avoiding merely because of the sign. Believe me businesses read this some care about it some don’t. But at the very least our feelings and $$$ will be a factor in their thoughts everyday they view the sign wondering if the daily totals would really increase if the sign was removed. They would know one thing for sure and that is the business wouldn’t be losing any money at all because it was removed.

Okay that’s my idea, Could be a grass roots blanket statement or a failure either way I don’t think we’d be any worse off for it. If this has been presented to the group before I apologize and will remove the thread.

Zombie-Hunter Out

Edited by Zombie-Hunter
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zombie-Hunter

Thanks Spoolie....

Trekbike here is a link to the link Review Guidelines on Yahoo! Local You have to make an account to post a review but not to read them.

The information is useful but Yahoo as a whole is a thumbs down, they have a lock on the review dept. I'd say the number one source for reviews, A few bad reviews is normal but if I read a review about my business that I could correct so easy, I would. Even if it took reading a review that made me go "Duh what was I thinking"

Zombie-Hunter Out

Great idea.

I wrote corporate about a restaurant that was posted. Withing 24 hours the sign was removed because it was not corporate policy to keep those who legally carry out. If every gun owner would notify the restaurant management or their corporate office I am sure they would see the light, maybe not run to it but at least they would see it.

Dolomite

Yes, OP, you are right. I work for a small restaurant/catering operation, and those reviews do hold water. My owner, as well as many others, read those reviews for anonymous feedback.

I suggest this approach, and I'm that it's just now been brought up.

Food is always good, but I resent your "no guns"

attitude and the sign displayed. It might not matter

to you, but, if a criminal decides to enter your

business, he doesn't look at those signs. I look at

and respect your attitude, but I doubt I will come

back because of it.

I go to restaurants to eat and enjoy the atmosphere,

not to be told I can't defend myself, if necessary.

It is already illegal to carry a weapon while drinking

alcohol. Your sign is not necessary, in other words.

That is what I just got through posting on Don Pancho's feedback site.

They have good mexican food, but the chinese buffet, next door is getting

my business. I've grown to really like kimchi, and everything else in there.

• Administrator

This is a great idea. I would recommend submitting these reviews to Google's own Google Places as well as Trip Adviser. Reviews from both of these sites come up almost automatically when you search for places to eat using an Android smart phone or an iPhone.

I want to second adding the reviews to google.

Google maps is the first place I search for something, and consequently the first reviews I read.

I never use Yahoo, but I think putting these comments in many places would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zombie-Hunter

The craziest thing I went by my favorite restaurant today, the one I wrote a review on stating how they lost my business because of the gun buster sign. And I hoped that one day they would take it down, we’ll that didn’t take long. I don’t know when it came down but it was sometime since I made this thread and today.

So it does work and in my case very quickly. It was a pleasure to delete the review and replace it with one raving about the food. I never mentioned anything about the gun sign, it’ll only be between us and them.

Zombie-Hunter Out

• 9 months later...

the 2nd amendment FB page reported that Ruby Tuesday were going to post their stores company wide. They also listed the e-mail address of several of the corp management team. I politely but firmly expressed my views on the subject. I had recently eaten at a location in Clarksville and saw no sign as of yet. Anyone who has the time to surf these pages could at least politely pester the corp offices of some of these folks who think they are doing the public a favor :rolleyes: