LONGSLIDE GOODNESS

R1100R

I got this Springfield Loaded Longslide a couple of weeks ago. I have always wanted a

Longslide but what is offered tends to be very expensive from the bigger names. I even called Rock Island and they wanted $1200 to start what they called a custom build.

A friend told me about the Springfield Longslide and how they were offered periodically. I started looking and ran across one out of state at a very crazy low price. This one is a tack driver that will do cloverleafs at 20 yards and and one ragged hole at 15 yds while breaking it in. It feeds all types of ammo from cheap ball to match 185's.

It had a trigger job by John Wall at Eastside Gun that breaks like a glass rod at 4lb's.

It is sporting a set of Chip McCormick deluxe red cocobolo thin grips. I have a red fiber

optic front sight coming from Fusion that John will install. I am setting this up for

my hog/pig hunt in Georgia in a few weeks. I think it will work out great!

PB110099.jpg

PB110101.jpg

Edited by R1100R
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've wanted one of those for a few years now. I came across a ported one at Guns and Leather a few years back and didn't buy it. I have regretted it ever since. If you don't mind what was a "very crazy low price"?

It was NIB for $740.00 before shipping and DT fee.

:

It was NIB for $740.00 before shipping and DT fee.

Did you give the guy a cigarette? :)

How come you always find the good deals? I'll let you make $25 if you wanna get rid of it... :D

I know you've been looking at a longslide for awhile. I'm glad you found a good one at such a steal of a price.

:

Did you give the guy a cigarette? :)

How come you always find the good deals? I'll let you make $25 if you wanna get rid of it... :D

I know you've been looking at a longslide for awhile. I'm glad you found a good one at such a steal of a price.

Bubba, I smoked two cigarettes and had a shot of Bushmills. I need to tell you about it. Our friend did the DT and couln't believe it. :)

I can only image his surprise. I do need to hear this story, hopefully when I have a chance to see this new longslide. I hope you are buying lottery tickets - your luck couldn't be much better!

BTW, I ran across another Sport King at a recent gun show - just like yours. Only they were asking $375 for it...

I can only image his surprise. I do need to hear this story, hopefully when I have a chance to see this new longslide. I hope you are buying lottery tickets - your luck couldn't be much better!

BTW, I ran across another Sport King at a recent gun show - just like yours. Only they were asking $375 for it...

We need to hookup for lunch and shoot at that gun club of your soon. BTW the saga

continues. I found a LNIB barrel for the Sport King for $45. I'm going to have it cut down and threaded for a new toy. The Hamden built guns are still a great find. i am still finding good buys on Hi-Standards.

I just got a SIG/Hammerli Trailside for $380. Love those rare .22's.

Don't worry, the Army will come along soon to pee in my Corn Flakes and ruin my karma. :D

Edited by R1100R
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I would jump in with a photo of my V-16 Longslide .45 Super. I recently traded it for a Kimber. Although it was unique and I liked the gun, I wanted a gun I would use and carry more. In my opinion it didn't have the quality of my Kimbers. I kept the Wenge grips with the inleted 1911 barber dime that I made for it.

1911S3-14-09001.jpg

Thought I would jump in with a photo of my V-16 Longslide .45 Super. I recently traded it for a Kimber. Although it was unique and I liked the gun, I wanted a gun I would use and carry more. In my opinion it didn't have the quality of my Kimbers. I kept the Wenge grips with the inleted 1911 barber dime that I made for it.

1911S3-14-09001.jpg

Theres a classic example of to each their own. I have owned a few Kimbers- mine all gone due to quality, fit and and or function and Kimbers spotty customer service. I own Springfield's and Dan Wesson 1911's now. My 1911 mechanic gave mine the once over and was impressed by the quality and fit of mine. I was told these pistol are limited to production once to twice a year. I had been looking for a longslide for awhile.

I do own a new player a ATI FX Titan in stainless that puts many 1911's that I have owned to shame for under $500.00.

This was my first Longslide and I liked the looks of the gun and the fact that it was unique as all are saying, but the quality is poor. The slide fit was bad and the accuracy was sorry, even compared to my Kimber Ultra. I'm not putting down Springfield, but this was the only one I have owned and it was not a keeper. Note in the photo the scrape marks on the bottom of the slide where it rubs against the frame. I'm sure Springfield makes quality handguns. but this was not one of them.