H&K pistols

Guest Big-A

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty awesome from my experience.

I used to carry a HK USP .45 FS and beat that gun mercilessly. Rarely cleaned or lubed it, shot tons of Wolf and other crappy ammo through it, and only had one issue that came back to a bad mag.

Though home pistol-smithing is out of the question due to complexity, they are fantastic guns.

I have a USPc in Variant 1 and really like it. Been carrying it since about 2000. The full size USP just doesn't kit my tiny baby like hands. The USPc did. I've had no problems out of mine at all. No malfunctions, but it's .357 sig so the bottle neck has got to help some I would think. I would guess I am approaching the 2k round range now.

To be honest with you as well as myself, if the S&W M&P line had been out then or I hadn't had such an anti-Glock bias back then... I would probably be carrying one or the other right now. If I was to choose today... I might be leaning heavy towards the the M&P.

H&K makes great guns. Glad I have it. But you do pay a price.

A buddy has a P2000 and was gracious enough to let me run a couple hundred rounds through it. I've also shot the USP compact in 40S&W. Both were spectacular pistols. They fit my grip nicely and felt great. With the P2000, I didn't experience a single malfunction.

All of that said, the one big turnoff for me, and the only reason I will probably never own one personally, is the whole "I suck and they hate me" thing. Some shooters think HK is great and think that stigma is overblown, but I've got to be honest, nothing turns me off more than elitest manufacturer. If Sig Sauer isn't that way, HK definitely shouldn't be.

I have a couple of HK pistols and I can’t say enough good about them: accurate and super reliable. There are people who will say HK has poor customer service; this might have been true years ago, but it is certainly not the case now. I’ve called HK USA numerous times in the last two years and they have always been outstanding to deal with. Most people saying negative things about HK’s customer service have not dealt with HK in years, if ever; many are just repeating what someone told someone who told them.

BTW, 499 sounds like a great price of a used USP 40 in good condition.

I wasn't referring to the customer service. I was referring to HK's disdain for civilian sales.

Exactly.

I've heard and seen testimony about HK customer service in regards to "they hate us", but primarily consumers are talking about their elitest attitude and apparent disdain for civilian gun owners. Even the website demonstrates it. Frankly I'm surprised HK isn't the official sponsor of nutnfancy, they seem to share philosophy.

As for their customer service, I don't think having first hand experience is necessary to discern their reputation when it is so widely considered bad. It takes a little more than water cooler talk to fuel a rep like that.

...What your experiance with hk pistols. I would like to shoot one .They have a nice used hk 40 usp full size for 499.00. Thanks AL ...

Al:______________

The first semiauto 45 ACP pistol that i ever shot with a polymer frame was a full size USP. They are a great thing. They are extremely accurate and well built.

All this from a confirmed 1911 and big frame smith snob. They are well worth the $499.00 in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Leroy

Guest bubruins

All of the HK pistols I've shot have been exceptional performers. I also like the USPc more than most pistols because it fits my relatively small hands very well. While I have seen a FTE or FTF in person with a XD and a G23, I've never seen a USP fail and I typically go shooting with the USP owners I know. They are also easy to be accurate with for me compared to other pistols because of the trigger and the grip angle. They are very easy to field strip, though I have not stripped many other pistols. The USP is a great package for many people. It's unfortunate that many people rule them out because of cost.

Exactly.

I've heard and seen testimony about HK customer service in regards to "they hate us", but primarily consumers are talking about their elitest attitude and apparent disdain for civilian gun owners. Even the website demonstrates it. Frankly I'm surprised HK isn't the official sponsor of nutnfancy, they seem to share philosophy.

As for their customer service, I don't think having first hand experience is necessary to discern their reputation when it is so widely considered bad. It takes a little more than water cooler talk to fuel a rep like that.

I think you may be confused on that point, nutnfancy wants people armed. civilian "sheepdogs" and non civilian. Where did you get that idea? I have watched a great deal of his vids and never came away with the mentality that he did not want us legally armed...

Not trying to come across as haughty or anything, just curious where you got the idea that nutnfancy did not want us armed....

Edited by Alpha
clarifying
I think you may be confused on that point, nutnfancy wants people armed. civilian "sheepdogs" and non civilian. Where did you get that idea? I have watched a great deal of his vids and never came away with the mentality that he did not want us legally armed...

Not trying to come across as haughty or anything, just curious where you got the idea that nutnfancy did not want us armed....

I don't doubt that nutnfancy wants civilians armed. I believe he has a major bias for active duty military and LEO.

You're not coming off as haughty, it's all good. I'm not a fan of his and don't agree with some of his philosophy, but I respect what he does.

There are a lot of really nice USP 9mm police trade ins floating around right now. They have older night sights, LEM trigger and the jet funnel mag well + two white mags. Most places have them for $500-600. These are truly awesome bargain if you are into the USP. Unfortunately the USP never really felt good in my hands (tried them in both 9mm and 45).

Do yourself a favor, and stay away from the P30 and HK45. The minute you handle one you'll start the mental math putting together the scratch to take it home with you.

Disdain? I believe one can purchase most any of the HK products that are made. Heck lets be real, the government restricts what you can own more than HK does.

Customer service has alway been good when I've called, most of the mediative things said about bad customer service is 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc hand.