Have we forgotten how Great Revolvers are?

Guest TN.Frank

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TN.Frank

Believe it or not I had a S&W Heavy Duty(pre-357Mag gun that shoots High Velociety 38's, what we'd call +P+ today, on an N frame) that had a 4" bbl and was nickel plated with stag grips. It was a very sweet shooting pistol and IIRC I also had a 3 1/2" and 8 3/8" S&W M27 a the the same time. That's 3 classic S&W revolvers and like a dummy I got rid of em'. What the hell was I thinking???:eek:

I know as well a my M64 is shooting I plan on hangin' onto it for a very long time. I really do need to post a pic sometime soon.

Guest TN.Frank
Here is another little "plinker" I have...., S&W MDL 58 in .41 Mag. :(

javyn7.jpg

Wow, you do go in for some of the rare S&W guns. I've read about em' but never knew anyone that owned one. Very nice.

Nice looking .41 there Frank.

I love the appearance of fluted cylinders on a blued revolver.

Sorry DMark, I give you credit for the pistol. Thanks for setting me straight Frank.

Edited by Mike.357
edited on account of being wrong

I learned how to shoot handguns as a kid with my dad's revolvers. I love wheelguns and they are great fun to shoot! I have been receiving a lot of criticism on this forum lately for expressing my love of Glocks :P;).....so I just wanted to share a pic of my three favorite revolvers to show you guys I do like other guns too! :) The old Colt .357 was my dad's carry gun when he was an armed security gaurd back in the 70's in Chicago (no, he was not a yankee.....just moved there from W VA to get a better job than the coal mines). I like my King Cobra too.....but it doesn't shoot near as good as that old Colt!!! The old one is sooooooo smooth and accurate....really sweet gun!

DSC00829.jpg

Wow, you do go in for some of the rare S&W guns. I've read about em' but never knew anyone that owned one. Very nice.

Thanks. Doesn't seem that long ago that you couldn't give away a MDL 58. Now its the latest cool gun. Go figure.

Mine is really a good solid working gun. Its a great shooter with GA Arms ammo that is loaded to the old police round. :P

Full house hunting rounds - - - Those aren't much fun. :)

moved there from W VA to get a better job than the coal mines).

Hey PackinMama, what part of WV?

I was born and raised in WV, lived there until 10 years ago, I moved to TN. My dad, grandfathers, uncles and brother were all coal miners.

I was from around Matewan WV, which is on the Ky border, this area is where the Hatfield and Mccoy's fueded.

Hey PackinMama, what part of WV?

I was born and raised in WV, lived there until 10 years ago, I moved to TN. My dad, grandfathers, uncles and brother were all coal miners.

I was from around Matewan WV, which is on the Ky border, this area is where the Hatfield and Mccoy's fueded.

Guns&Dobes,

I've never heard of Matewan. My dad and mom were born somewhere outside Whitesville.....have you heard of that? I always heard them talk of Edwhite, Ameagle, Naoma, Rock Creek.....still have a bunch of relatives up there. My whole family history as far back as we can trace is from that area. I was the youngest of four kids and I was the only one born after they moved to Illinois......so I guess if you want to get technical I suppose I'm a yankee by birth :):D When my dad retired, they moved back down here and I came with them. I've always been a redneck at heart though! :) Nice looking guns btw!

J/K, I have a Colt Frontier Scout .22 Single Action, Nickle with wood grips and a Rossi .38 snub nose revolver. First gun I my self bought, when I turned 21, from WALMART.

PackinMama, Whitesville is about 2 hours away from where I was raised. It is close to Madison and Danville and I used to drive through them going to Charleston.

WV is a beautiful state but there just isn't much up there anymore except coal mines and I am thankful my sons are down here with me and not in the mines. It is hard labor. My ex-husband was also a miner, unless one knows first hand, they can't imagine how hard it is.