Have we forgotten how Great Revolvers are?

Guest TN.Frank

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love a good wheel gun! I shot most of the 2006 IDPA season with a S&W 625 Mountain Gun, .45 ACP. It is as nice shooting a handgun as you could hope for. I'm back on my 1911 right now, but if I was limited to one handgun that Smith would be it, no doubt about it.

Robin

Sorry guys, not a fan of the revolvers.They are generally bulky and difficult for a woman to carry unless she shoves it into the black pit known as her purse, in which case the likely hood of me finding my gun in time to defend myself would be better served by using the revolver in my purse as a weight to slam up against the offenders head. Not to mention that I personally would need more bullets than are in an revolver, thus magazines are easier regarding reloading purposes.

Musicman, I still like shooting your revolvers at the range though! ;p

...?.... S&W J-Frame is probably the most all around ccw friendly and reliable gun ever. A 442 is my constant( toilet, mowing the lawn, late night run to the store) companion. It is like an old friend. And my GP-100 is my nightstand gun of choice amongst handguns.

Edited by Urse

I wouldn't mind having a hammerless 9mm snubnose... Like a S&W 940 or Taurus 905. But for the price I could buy a Subcompact XD-9, or a Kel-tec PF-9 and a case of ammo.

Oh well.

I need to get a decent .45acp or .357mag 4"-6" plinker eventually, either way.

Guest bulletproof

http://www.snubnose.info/docs/m10.htm

I have the "Victory Model" in the middle. Mine looks exactly like the one in the picture. This gun belonged to my father and then my step mother after my father died. Every time someone brings up how my dad got this gun we all start laughing. In 1966, he traded his 1950 Hudson for the gun, $50.00 cash, and a bird dog.

Guest mc30707

I traded off a stainless Colt King Cobra 357 mag years ago. I wish I still had it, prices have gone thru the roof on them. I should have had my butt kicked 10 times over for parting with it. I now have a Ruger Sp101 357 mag & a Ruger Blackhawk 357 4" barrel. I plan on keeping both of these. :lol:.

Edited by mc30707
Guest TNDixieGirl

RedHead,

I felt the exact same way you do, until last night. I handled the S&W 642 Airweight revolver, stuck it in my pocket, my elastic waistband, etc. and I think I fell in love with it. In fact, I compared it size-wise with the PF9 Kel-Tec and it was basically the same fit. Everywhere the PF9 went, the 642 went without a hitch. Now I'm reconsidering my choice of pocket gun.

If you ever do carry a handgun in your purse, buy the kind I have that is made with a built-in holster, in it's own pocket. You'll never have to search for it, and can always have your hand on it. It's the best purse I ever bought. But I am looking for a pocket gun for those times I don't want to carry a purse.

If you ever do carry a handgun in your purse, buy the kind I have that is made with a built-in holster, in it's own pocket. You'll never have to search for it, and can always have your hand on it. It's the best purse I ever bought. But I am looking for a pocket gun for those times I don't want to carry a purse.

Can you elaborate on that purse a little more, I would be interested in one. A link or a picture?

Also, I have a S&W 640 j frame and I LOVE it. I handled several of the J frames and for some reason I liked the feel of this one when I got it in my hands. It's heavier but I love it.

A good article to read on them is here: http://www.snubnose.info/docs/m640.htm

MyGun2.jpg

Edited by Guns&Dobes
RedHead,

I felt the exact same way you do, until last night. I handled the S&W 642 Airweight revolver, stuck it in my pocket, my elastic waistband, etc. and I think I fell in love with it. In fact, I compared it size-wise with the PF9 Kel-Tec and it was basically the same fit. Everywhere the PF9 went, the 642 went without a hitch. Now I'm reconsidering my choice of pocket gun.

OooooO, that sounds pretty neat, I'll look into it. Thanks for the idea

Guest TN.Frank

As a matter of fact you can get one from S&W in 40 S&W but I think you have to go thru the custom shop to get it. I'll try and find a link for ya'.

Well, I found out it's the Model 646. I'm sure if you google it you'll find out more.

Edited by TN.Frank