I made another holster

This one is for my NAA mini WMR revolver with a 1 5/8 inch barrel. I carry the NAA in my weak side pocket as a weak hand BUG so the holster is 'left-handed'. I decided to make it so that I could carry extra ammo in it. I know that if I had to use it in a 'social situation' there would be no time to reload but I like having the extras onboard for other possibilities. Besides, I figured it doesn't hurt anything to have it.

This is the piece of leather with stitching holes and holes for the snaps punched:

Beforestitching.jpg

This is the finished product with the NAA and spare ammo in place:

NAAinholster.jpg

And this is a shot of the holster with the ammo pouch open, the ammo pulled partly out of the pouch to show it better and the NAA beside the holster:

OpenHolster.jpg

I think this one looks pretty decent. It would have looked better if I hadn't had to put the extra leather piece on the front of it. I recently got a new stitch-hole punch and the tines are closer together than those on my old one. I like that because I end up with tighter stitches. The problem is that I haven't used it much, yet and in this case I punched too deeply into the leather in the area of what would be the front of the holster at the base of the pouch. This meant that when I put the stitches in and pulled them tight, the thread cut through the leather in the front (that waxed thread can be some mean stuff - I cut my right index finger on it when pulling the stitches tight.). I had to affix another piece of leather to the front and punch it (less deeply) in order to repair that goof up. That means it could have looked better but I still think it will work very well.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys.

JAB-

That is awesome!! I wish I had the know how to do that!!! Great job!!!!

Thanks - and I'd bet that you could do it. There really isn't a lot of 'know how' involved - just a few, simple tools, some elbow grease and maybe a bit of cussing. I didn't even have a real pattern for this one - I just created a paper pattern based on 'eyeballing' small pics of a few, similar holsters. Paper is pretty cheap - just keep trying until you get something that fits to the gun the way you want, outline that onto the leather, cut the blank and go to it. A little guide hole punching, a little saddle-stitching (a very basic, simple, utilitarian locking stitch and the one I use) then a little wet-molding and burnishing and you are done.

Neat! I like the ammo pouch incorporated into the holster.

Thanks. I have seen pics of a few NAA holster styles that incorporate the pouch but most of those only have room for five rounds. I figured that if I was going to make the holster that way, anyhow, I had might as well make room for two, full reloads. Mostly, I like the idea because I can carry 'regular' rounds in the NAA plus a full reload of 'regular' rounds and a full load of shotshells in the pouch. This will let me change out the ammo in the NAA depending on immediate needs.

Edited by JAB