Thinking about Ham?

Congrats on the General! I passed the Tech last summer, General a few months ago, and ordered the manual for Extra a few days ago.

I talked to Joe Lowenthal of Delta Club at the Olive Branch ARC meeting last tuesday and he was telling me about a Basic Electronics Class that they are going to be giving soon. This class is supposed to be very helpful in preparing for Amateur Extra. I believe it is going to be held once a week on Saturdays. I had to decline due to my crazy work schedule on the Railroad but if you are interested send Joe an email: wa4ovo@yahoo.com

KK4CWV

• 1 year later...

That online study course appears to be very good. Thanks, David. I'm going to start it tonight. I took a
practice exam, just now. Guessed on most of it. Haven't done this stuff in years and failed it. I'm going to
take the course and get in to this stuff. I used to have an HW101 and listened and built antennas and just
played. It's time to play and talk, now. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.