Huntin' shows that get on your nerves?

Crappy hunting show....or....The Rosie O'Donnell Show?

Crappy hunting show....or....Oprah Winfrey?

Crappy hunting show....or....Dr. Phil?

Crappy hunting show....or....The Desperate Housewives?

Crappy hunting show....or....The David Letterman Show?

I don't know about you guys, but it ain't even a contest for me. Some of the shows get on my nerves, but if I have nothing left to do, no football, too cold or raining outside, two broken legs, whatever the reason I am reduced to watching TV then I will pick hunting shows over just about everything besides football.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to watch Arrow Affliction but haven't seen it on in a while. That was a great show!

Didn't know they changed host. :confused:

There's one local ( I assume) fishing show called "Stump Bumpers" that I laugh at every time I see the commercial for. It's an older guy with a strong southern, slow accent, that says "tune....in.....for .... excit...ing....t...v....footage". Anyone seen that commercial? Is it just me that laughs at it?

I don't know about you guys, but it ain't even a contest for me. Some of the shows get on my nerves, but if I have nothing left to do, no football, too cold or raining outside, two broken legs, whatever the reason I am reduced to watching TV then I will pick hunting shows over just about everything besides football.

Well you do have a great point here ha ha.

Guest dthurston

AYE AYE

Guest clutepc

What is funny about this is I was out of work for almost 3 months in 2008 with a torn ACL in the right knee and a broken left ankle, all that was on TV was hunting shows and that's what got me interested in hunting and I've been a hooked ever since. can't get enough of it. :(

But there are a few of the shows that I won't watch,

Fred Eichler is one of the best though, just loves the hunt good or bad and not focused on the size of the animal.

Guest GunTroll

I like the whisper voice too.

(whisper)

...I just hung this stand ( OK)

...I'm downwind of a bedding area (you hope)

...blah,blah,blah,pinch point (OK)

...travel corridor (sounds good)

...food source (like the whole earth?)

...wait,wait, I see a big buck! He's a shooter! You on him? (my favorite)

And that sums up just about every whitetail deer hunting show out there. I know they have to talk otherwise it would be...boring. But I would rather just watch the kill shot and the locate/hands on moment. In fact a show of just normal folks pictures of their trophies would be more interesting to me.

I like the whisper voice too.

(whisper)

...I just hung this stand ( OK)

...I'm downwind of a bedding area (you hope)

...blah,blah,blah,pinch point (OK)

...travel corridor (sounds good)

...food source (like the whole earth?)

...wait,wait, I see a big buck! He's a shooter! You on him? (my favorite)

And that sums up just about every whitetail deer hunting show out there. I know they have to talk otherwise it would be...boring. But I would rather just watch the kill shot and the locate/hands on moment. In fact a show of just normal folks pictures of their trophies would be more interesting to me.

I saw a show the other day that was just videos that people sent in to them of their hunts, can't remember the name but it was pretty cool.

I know some on here like Tiffany Lokosky. But why does she always look like shes going out on the town when she's hunting? She's got makeup, earrings and her hairs fixed and everything. Kinda cheezy.

Cause we wouldn't like her as much if she didn't brush her hair and teeth and cover up the zits and wrinkles. ;) Actually I wish she would stick to hunting natually, no make up, no clothes. Just her in a tree with several camera angles being one with nature and killing big bucks, buck naked. Now THAT would be a hunting show.

Guest KCSTEVE

I watched "Just Killin' Time" once. A show that introduces kids to hunting.

I watched as a kid gut shot a doe with fawns. Nice show! Teaches a lot about hunting and good sportsmanship.....:down:

I watched "Just Killin' Time" once. A show that introduces kids to hunting.

I watched as a kid gut shot a doe with fawns. Nice show! Teaches a lot about hunting and good sportsmanship.....:down:

That is one thing I can't stand about hunting shows. You can see some of them make terrible shots and not acknowledge it. Then they NEVER tell how long it takes them to recover the deer. I want to see a "time passed since the shot" when the find the deer and a recount of how much trouble they had, or didn't have.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aces&8s
That is one thing I can't stand about hunting shows. You can see some of them make terrible shots and not acknowledge it. Then they NEVER tell how long it takes them to recover the deer. I want to see a "time passed since the shot" when the find the deer and a recount of how much trouble they had, or didn't have.

I don't have cable, so I rarely get to watch hunting shows, but I was visiting my dad recently over the holidays and watched one that made me furious. The hunter had finally gotten his elk lottery draw after literally decades of waiting, and his local guide kept putting him off of nice bulls, telling him that "we'll find a big one, you just wait." Needless to say, suddenly all the elk disappeared. So on the last day of the hunt, in the failing light of evening, frustrated, exhausted, and desperate to fill his tag, the hunter finally takes a low-percentage shot at about 220 yards at a rather smallish bull, and you can clearly see on the video that it was a bad gutshot. However, when they next show the hunter and guide standing beside the elk, it is now dark out, and the camera clearly shows a bullet wound in the chest, and they of course do not pan down to the belly. So, rather than acknowledge that there were definitely mistakes made during this hunt, so others can learn from that, they gloss over it and pat each other on the back for a "great hunt."

Kind of made me glad I don't have cable...

Any other "old guys' out there besides me that remembers "The American Sportsman" with Kurt Goudy, about a hundred and twenty six years ago? I thought it was a pretty good show... even if all was in black and white. Wish I had the tapes of all those shows.

Guest Appalachian

First off is anything with Will Primos in it, I know they'er ther try'n to talk you into buy'n ther products but he( Primos)Will just works it too hard, I grew uo trade'n around with my friends and I caught on to somebody sucker talk'n me into buy'n or trade'n ther goods and thats the vibe I get from him, that be'n said I do have sevral calls produced by Primos that sound just fine, and I have a couple dvds (mastering the arts turkey call'n and coyote call'n that have a lotta good info... maybe its just the look in his eye.

A lot of the moveis that get me are the ones wher the guy makes the shot and they just get entirely stupid over it, you'd think it was a teenager that just got laid, I saw part of one wher the guy broke down and cried after he shot a elk, mite just be me I dont know but I just dont get tore up over that stuff.

Edited by Appalachian

About any of them are better than the old local outdoor shows in Nashville. I grew up watching "Woods N' Waters with Bill Jay and Bill Clay. The one with Larry Munson (before he left for Georgia) was better but mostly showed fishing on Center Hill. "The American Sportsman" was the first decent outdoor show I can remember seeing.

Guest jpuck123

ok you gotta think about it like this... if someone comes up to you lets say just for example reasons ummm... a remington rep..and says ok well give u free guns, ammo and some money to help run your show will you advertise our stuff... i dont know about yall but i certainly would if u get past the advertising and picking out everry little thing wrong with hunting shows and see that most of them really do give out good information and most of them strive to get youngsters into the outdoors then they really are good shows. now dont get me wrong there are several i just dont watch but for the most part i like them.