carring more ammo now........

Guest GlockFD

Guest GlockFD

I went to guns and ammo to day and picked up two 15rnd used glock mags. its amazing how they fit 5 extra rounds of 40 into the same area. I havent shot my glock yet with the extra capacity mags. are there any down falls to the mags other than the obvious weight? I wonder now if it is really neccesary to carry 31 rounds of .40 that might be over kill....:P

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GLOCKGUY

i carry a G38 45 GAP and i have 9 rounds .when i was buying this handgun i was like 9 rounds thats all it will hold the guy selling me the hand gun said if you have to shoot more then that your better of just running :P

It doesn't matter so much how many rounds are in each magazine, but it is a good idea to carry an extra one, just in case the one in your gun drops or jams unexpectedly.

I've carried 1911s and Sig P239 with 7rd magazines, XD-357 with 12rd mags, and even carried my XD-9 with 20rd mags... regardless of round-count I prefer to have a spare.

It doesn't matter so much how many rounds are in each magazine, but it is a good idea to carry an extra one, just in case the one in your gun drops or jams unexpectedly.

Generally true. For many joe-average carry permit holders, its more likely faster to do a mag change than to fix a mag-related malfunction. Carry a spare, practice tactical reloads.

Guest GLOCKGUY
Generally true. For many joe-average carry permit holders, its more likely faster to do a mag change than to fix a mag-related malfunction. Carry a spare, practice tactical reloads.

12495_sign_iagree_4.gif12495_sign_iagree_4.gif12495_sign_iagree_4.gif

To respond to the OP, I am a G23 owner and have 5 high capacity magazines for it. I have never had a magazine related failure, now approaching 3000 rounds through this pistol. Several of the magazines were used when I bought them, and reliability has never been an issue. As to the question of carrying extra ammo, I am more comfortable carrying a spare mag in case of a failure or need to reload during a lull in an armed conflict. It's become second nature for me to toss a spare mag into my pocket as I grab my keys and wallet to leave the house in the morning.

I've carried 1911s and Sig P239 with 7rd magazines, XD-357 with 12rd mags, and even carried my XD-9 with 20rd mags... regardless of round-count I prefer to have a spare.

+1 I have heard horror srories of the base plate falling off a mag while drawing,followed by the spring,then all of your rounds,leaving only the one in the pipe.probably unlikely but worst things have happend i guess!