Hamilton County (Chattanooga) Sheriff arrested on Federal Charges

http://wrcbtv.com/news/index.cfm?sid=2402

i guess he thought that he could get elected and pretend that he was Jefferson Davis Hogg. money laundering and providing a police service weapon and badge to a convicted felon are just a few of the charges the FBI has on him.

this kind of information is scary, and i have heard of similar things like this in the past and thought to myself, nah that would never happen here. well guess what............it has.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

but those who believe we the people don't need firearms say that the police are there to help you!

while I agree that the officers on the street are generally there to help you, they can't be there all the time.

those that hold public office are no better or worse than their actions..quite frequently those actions show that they shouldn't be entrusted with ones' fingernail clippings..much less the responsibility of the safety of this states' citizens.

How stupid can you be?.I voted for this idiot just to get Cupp out of office,now we will most likely have an election this August for another sheriff.Maybe Ronnie Dodd will run again.Oh,the weapon he gave the CW was some type of .32 cal revolver made in Brazil back in the 60s.Sounds like Billy Long had some throw downs stashed away.For a real spirited discussion on this go to www.scenic-city.com and go to the forums and the police blotter section.They also have the full story on the main page which is in greater detail than the tv report as well as the warrent and affidavit.What an idiot.

Edited by et45
mistakes
Guest TargetShooter84
Why does this not shock me, I must be jaded or something.

I agree with that, I do have great amount of respect for LEOs but I know there is always a bad apple in every department....its saddening that it can tarnish their reputations

"You Can't Go Wrong With Billy Long!" :D:puke:

This moe-ron needs to be put under the jail. Instead he'll probably get the Ward Crutchfield treatment.

Seems like the politicians in our fair state have kept the feds busy lately.

How stupid can you be?.I voted for this idiot just to get Cupp out of office,now we will most likely have an election this August for another sheriff.Maybe Ronnie Dodd will run again.Oh,the weapon he gave the CW was some type of .32 cal revolver made in Brazil back in the 60s.Sounds like Billy Long had some throw downs stashed away.For a real spirited discussion on this go to www.scenic-city.com and go to the forums and the police blotter section.They also have the full story on the main page which is in greater detail than the tv report as well as the warrent and affidavit.What an idiot.

You know Cupp said he would be willing to run and serve as an interim until the next real election.:D

Guest Centennial

This is a sad day for Tennessee law enforcement. If Billy Long is crooked, and it certainly appears he is, he should go to jail for a long time, and likely will. The Hamilton County Sheriff's Department is a fine agency with many honest, capable officers. I wish them well in their efforts.