Tips on racking the slide

JeffsSig

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have her hold the gun close to her chest. Strong hand on the grip, weak hand on the slide. Have the weak hand hold the slide stationary, while the strong hand pushes the frame of the pistol to rack the slide.

This works for my mother.

Another option is to hold the pistol strong hand with the arm nearly extended to full length, grasp the slide weak hand and while pulling back on the slide, again push forward with the strong hand. This method would allow her to keep the muzzle down range without having to stand to her side.

Have her hold the gun close to her chest. Strong hand on the grip, weak hand on the slide. Have the weak hand hold the slide stationary, while the strong hand pushes the frame of the pistol to rack the slide.

This works for my mother.

Another option is to hold the pistol strong hand with the arm nearly extended to full length, grasp the slide weak hand and while pulling back on the slide, again push forward with the strong hand. This method would allow her to keep the muzzle down range without having to stand to her side.

This. Don't rack the slide. Hold it and push the gun forward with strong hand.

This works for me also and I have issues with my left hand

search on you tube. there is a video somewhere that shows holding the gun with strong arm against the body just above the waist at about 2 oclock and holding the slide overhand then twisting the body into it. this method allows my mom to rack just about anything. she cannot do it any other way. sort of hard to describe.

Edited by fastbs
spelling