Chart of Cheapest 9mm handguns

mousegunner

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I owned the Zastava M88 for a time. It is basically a small Tokarev but with these high rear sights and a pretty tough trigger to do much with. I even took the trigger mechanism apart and worked on each part, but not to much affect. It is what it is and it worked. I like the discontinued Star BM a lot more. I've had two PF9s. I got the second one when I thought I may have acted in haste getting rid of the first one. I was right the first time. I like to call them "The Little Dragon." Snatching that pistol weak-hand one-hand and rapid fire with any accuracy is challenging. I've shot the tar out of a HiPoint C9 and the gun amazed me with its reliability in that non-stop 500 rd drill; its weight also amazed me. I'm not a fan of the big Ruger semi-autos but in my experience they always work. The P11 makes good sense but I am not crazy about that trigger pull.

Guest Lester Weevils

What would be a price cut-off point for the cheapest list?

Just wondering because some of the Kahr CW pistols, and some Sig P250 and SP2022 look like they could be had in the $400 ballpark.

I haven't studied all the products though. Perhaps if you go up to $400 the list would get very big? Dunno.

I've actually owned three guns on this list, (shows what my budget allows). The SCCY broke after firing two mags of ammo. The Ruger was a great gun for a beginner hand gun owner. I traded it for my first Glock and got almost my full purchase price on the trade. My KelTec PF9 is a great carry piece, disappears under most any clothes, goes bang at the right time and will hit the target until it makes your hand numb. I Duracoated my PF9 and I"m convinced it will last for years now.

P95 was the gun my girlfriend bought me for my 21st B-day. Yes, I married her. Great shooter and one of the few I regret selling over the years. Sold it to buy my first Glock. Luckily it was friend that promises to offer it to me if he ever gets rid of it.

I got a chance to see a Lorcin L9mm that was seized by the local police. I looked it up and the list price was $189. It terrified me as I believe its just as likely to injure its shooter as its target.

While the Lorcin 9mm is not a wonderful gun, it is just flat wrong to believe that it is likely to injure the person using it. With some fluffing and buffing it can be a fun gun at the range. However, it is not known for reliability, and it is not that great a gun for carrying for self-defense. But it won't hurt you unless you neglect the rules of gun safety. It is available nowadays as the Jimenez JA-Nine, and it has a following.