Music City Tactical Shooters - Pistol Match January 15, 2011

Guest gw2and4
All I know is undefeated = undefeated. Seriously though.... Take it easy on me if you happen to eak out a win.

Now that's just crazy talk...

Glenn, As a once great man stated: To be da Man you must beat da Man!

You must then be referring to an actual IDPA shooter like Greg (SSP Expert) or Chandler (SSP Master)...and not a lowly SSP Sharp Shooter like me or you. I'd include wakes in that too, but IIRC he doesn't yet carry a classification from IDPA. Perhaps an indicator of his level of regard for the organization... :D

He must have left those at home last match...

Good one, Mike. Was gonna say it, but it has so much more credibility coming from someone who was there.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's just crazy talk...

May be crazy but still true. You still have never beaten him. Doesn't have to have a classification to put a whooping on ya!

You must then be referring to an actual IDPA shooter like Greg (SSP Expert) or Chandler (SSP Master)

Each one of us have gotten the better of each other in stages/matches. There is no doubt that this can be seen in previous matches. But we are not talking about the past now are we? For a nominal fee, you can be a bumped up to master class. WOW I did not know that you had a man crush on Greg or Chandler?

You could have been there at the rifle match or did you still have fears of the last 3 gun match's rifle stage?

Edited by HOGNUT
Guest Bronker

A staff Psychiatrist is apparently all you guys need to have yourselves quite the little asylum over there at the MCTS.

If PigNad is there, I'll be wearing hip waders...

;)

Guest Bronker
Couldn't tell if you or David was on the thread.

Are you coming out to the match with all of these ramrods?

You know that you are a member of MCTS(spelling)?

I've heard that rumor.:death: +1 for you being a man of your word. Really, I didn't do much that day. Just a fellow gunner helping a brother out.

Truthfully, you know I'd suck at competitions like this?

May come just to observe, and I'm liking what you're doing with the TGO Informative meet. Looking forward to that.

Regardless, you're still full of it! ;)

You did a lot for us in a time of need for the range work without asking for anything in return. That type of willingness is rare in these days. You would not take money so we needed to help you help youself more in your shooting ability(I heard the rumors that you can't shoot the walls from the inside of the barn) and that is where we come in!

These competitions are not that seriously taken by everyone. We do look at scores at the end of the day but we like having fun with one another while we are there. There are some that live and breath competition to the point of annoyance. We are there to get better and challenge ourselves. There a lot of people that come out, new and experienced. The word you used was sucked(I hate that term because we all started that way), if you don't mind me saying: every shooter has something to contribute to the event regardless of their skill set. We are there to have a great time with one another doing what we like to do, try out new stuff when people loan it to others and make people better with scenario type shooting. If you try it with an open mind, I seriously doubt that you will go back to an indoor range again.

And yes, I try to be a man of my word when I can. Trust me when I say.....Glenn like to dress up like a school girl and go skipping down the road when he is not working. Or this can be considered full of it.

Edited by HOGNUT
Guest Bronker
You did a lot for us in a time of need for the range work without asking for anything in return. That type of willingness is rare in these days. You would not take money so we needed to help you help youself more in your shooting ability(I heard the rumors that you can't shoot the walls from the inside of the barn) and that is where we come in!

These competitions are not that seriously taken by everyone. We do look at scores at the end of the day but we like having fun with one another while we are there. There are some that live and breath competition to the point of annoyance. We are there to get better and challenge ourselves. There a lot of people that come out, new and experienced. The word you used was sucked(I hate that term because we all started that way), if you don't mind me saying: every shooter has something to contribute to the event regardless of their skill set. We are there to have a great time with one another doing what we like to do, try out new stuff when people loan it to others and make people better with scenario type shooting. If you try it with an open mind, I seriously doubt that you will go back to an indoor range again.

Right up my alley.

Oh and the 'barn wall' rumors you heard...well now, let's not get carried away with misinformation:lol:

And in 30 years of firearms, I've been to an indoor gun range once. Hated it.

So, yeah. I'm looking forward to checking it out. ;)

Guest gw2and4

As a rule, I don't usually spend more time talking about a match than shooting one. But this thread is dangerously close to crossing that boundary...

May be crazy but still true. You still have never beaten him. Doesn't have to have a classification to put a whooping on ya!

Meant that he's crazy if he thinks I'll take it easy on him. Wasn't refuting the fact that his time was a fraction of a second faster than mine that match. Even though at a sanctioned match his time would've been 20 seconds higher because of the FTDR penalty that he would've incurred for using inappropriate equipment as outlined in the rule book, page 8, Section C1 under Competition Rules. Thus giving me the win by 19.33 seconds. :D

WOW I did not know that you had a man crush on Greg or Chandler?

Niiice...this was so wrong on so many levels. Maybe latent body image issues for you after having to finish a match in those @ssless pants that day?! Ya jackwagon...

You could have been there at the rifle match or did you still have fears of the last 3 gun match's rifle stage?

Yeah, you know me...I'm so scared that I check myself into the Emergency Room to avoid having to shoot the match. ;)

Trust me when I say.....Glenn like to dress up like a school girl and go skipping down the road when he is not working. Or this can be considered full of it.

You said you wouldn't tell anyone! That's not cool! :D If I find that video on YouTube, we aren't gonna be friends anymore! :death::down: Lucky for the population of Williamson County that I work too much and don't have much time for this type of behavior...

If you beat him at the match, video will be posted. I love our members beyond belief. With all joking or smack talk aside, WE DO have the best bunch of shooters that I could ask to be associated with. It keeps the day not boring sitting at work.

You have to have some pretty thick skin to hang with this crowd. They are brutal - eg. monogrammed pink snoopy shirt. Feelings better not be on the sleeve. It's all in good fun - I think - maybe. Look forward to seeing you all there on Saturday.

Can we start having a TGO specific squad? I shot last time with some TGO'ers and didn't even know it. My guess is most of the group are TGO'ers though.

I always like it when TGOers identify themselves at the range. Lots of times you "know" people and don't even know it.

Rick

I always like it when TGOers identify themselves at the range. Lots of times you "know" people and don't even know it.

Rick

Same here. I seem to always bring up TGO at the range if I start conversation. I'm surprised how many shooters at my local range are not on here. It's like they never Google or something.

I think a big majority of our 150 plus new shooters this past found us on TGO or searching IDPA.com. This is not by accident that we hit this website so heavily. The more people that show up the more we can put others to work in the economy. I do not believe in big profit. I like spending it on the range with new equipment(Target Barn/MGM/etc) and construction companies rebuilding our bays.

You see. Help us help the economy. I implore you to jump start the road to recovery and help your fellow TGO'er by allowing us to spend crazy money this year.

Ok I know a lot of horsepoo is being thrown around.

Rick

TGO Shooting squad? I can see if TGO will sponsor shirts and stuff(match fees, bullets, primers, gas, food and we all know how I eat). I know I am pushing the luck.

Guest gw2and4
TGO Shooting squad? I can see if TGO will sponsor shirts and stuff(match fees, bullets, primers, gas, food and we all know how I eat). I know I am pushing the luck.

Since we're talking stimulus funds and TGO sponsorship: I think a tour bus to and from the range each match from the Brentwood area like I-65 & OHB would be a great addition. The MCTS officers present could keep up with match prep and P.R. while us musicians who hate getting up early could get that extra hour of sleep and still make it to the range by 8am. Win/win!

Guest gw2and4
Glenn

I'm thinking young guys like yourself would be the ones doing all the heavy setup work, let us "old" guys take a break.

You must've missed the part where I said "musician". ;) Typically we like to roll out of the bunk about 15 minutes before sound check, er, I mean shooters meeting. :D

Seriously, though--I'll be there early to set up on Saturday. In the words of Barney Stinson: "challenge accepted."

Hope to make this one...

It's good to see that the friendly trash talk has now pretty much become a MCTS staple, keeps the emphasis on fun over pure gaming which is great.