Music City Tactical Shooters - Pistol Match January 15, 2011

Music City Tactical Shooters will be hosting a 5 Stage IDPA Match this Saturday. Chandler LaFrain will be the Match Director for the day. It will be a great and challenging match. We hope to see you there!

NEXT MATCH: IDPA January 15, 2011

65 Rounds Minimum Pistol - Match

Click Here for Stage descriptions

The 2011 Upcoming Matches have been updated. If there are any questions or concerns, please contact President@mctsclub.com. Click Here for Times/Fees.

We will be testing some new items purchased for the range after the match to tweak the products before incorporating them into upcoming matches: MGM Steel and Foot Plate Activators.

Edited by HOGNUT
Additional Match Day scheduling
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gw2and4
These will be fun and challenging. Glad you can come out. Make sure you bring "No-Show" Glenn.

Glenn will be there this time. Now you have Glenn speaking in the third person like Bob Dole. Dang. And if bigwakes shows, put him in my squad. He needs an S.O. who cares enough to call all his procedurals... :koolaid:

PS: dear bigwakes, please show enough respect for the sport to use IDPA-legal gear and gun this time... :cool:

And if bigwakes shows, put him in my squad. He needs an S.O. who cares enough to call all his procedurals... :koolaid:

PS: dear bigwakes, please show enough respect for the sport to use IDPA-legal gear and gun this time... :cool:

Dude got called out!!!! HOGNUT likes this crowd because they can have fun with one another. We will put Big Wakes in Greg or Chandler's squad(the twin range nazis....LOL). It is OK for ladies to use the DOH holsters. What is wrong with this?

Guest gw2and4
Dude got called out!!!! ...It is OK for ladies to use the DOH holsters. What is wrong with this?

:koolaid::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks HOG. Laughter is the best medicine. And while Greg or Chandler are much better SOs than me--it would hurt his feelings more if the call comes from me. That was the point. Work with me on this... :cool:

Guest gw2and4
OK. Glenn can be an SO in my stead and I will shoot. Laughter will be the key word for the day. I can't wait!

I'll SO, but I'm still gonna shoot the match too. That way I have an excuse if bigwakes actually pulls out another narrow Hail Mary victory. And to your point about laughter: if I'm shooting, laughter won't be far away. Trust me on that. Especially if Greg is the SO and provides the typical instant replay of every single tactical mistake I made in how I shot the stage. About the only thing I take seriously at matches is safety...

Glenn will be there this time. Now you have Glenn speaking in the third person like Bob Dole. Dang. And if bigwakes shows, put him in my squad. He needs an S.O. who cares enough to call all his procedurals... :koolaid:

Maybe I should be in someone else's squad if Glenn is gonna bet me lunch again. My guess is I won't hit one target with him scoring. He keeps talking about procedurals and misses, but I was 5th for accuracy with no procedurals in my first match in almost a year. If you practice real hard and want it bad enough.....maybe....just maybe you can beat me one of these days. It hasn't happened yet though just for the record.

Edited by bigwakes
Hognuts call out on spelling
Maybe I should be in someone else's squad if Glenn is gonna bet me lunch again. My guess is I won't hit one target with him scoring. He keeps talking about procedurals and misses, but I was 5th for accuracy with no procedurals in my first match in almost a year. If you practice real hard and want it bad enough.....maybe....just maybe you can beat me one of these days. It hasn't happened yet though just for the record.

This is funny. Jealousy is a pain isn't it?(Fixed your spelling in the quote). I am selling extra bullets for needed practice session for anyone.

Guest gw2and4
If you practice real hard and want it bad enough.....maybe....just maybe you can beat me one of these days. It hasn't happened yet though just for the record.

You are a true master of the spin, my friend...making the **one** match in which we've both participated sound like this long track record of ego-crushing defeats. :cool: Bravo, sir. Perhaps you should run for office with skills like that.

Guest gw2and4
What a crew with whom we shoot...

Hells yes. Now if I can just get half as dangerous with my Glock as I am with my laptop, I'd be somewhere! This is just one of the many things that keeps it entertaining to build skills with our carry gear and become better shooters. In the end, it's just us against ourselves and the bad guys we hopefully never meet on the street. But with friends like these--who needs enemies?! LOL

You are a true master of the spin, my friend...making the **one** match in which we've both participated sound like this long track record of ego-crushing defeats. :cool: Bravo, sir. Perhaps you should run for office with skills like that.

All I know is undefeated = undefeated. Seriously though.... Take it easy on me if you happen to eak out a win.

Last match was a rifle match. Completely different from pistol or shotgun. As BigWakes put it and a little twist, practice and practice some more and you may be consistently better than me. I know people have beaten me in the past but a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in a while. OK who are we kidding, I don't think Winchester can mass produce that many rounds.

Mike the last pistol match we both competed at.....opps. Just think if I worry about shooting instead of club growth the potential.....LOL

Michael Bresson 140.31 4301123.48(3) 25.02(8) 19.42(6) 21.11(10) 20.58(14) 30.70(2)

Mike McDonald 148.45 4521121.96(6) 24.39(1) 26.58(2) 17.02(0) 25.30(22) 33.20(14)

Mike McDonald 162.06 4200127.96(5) 27.61(1) 19.75(1) 42.25(19) 18.96(5) 25.53(11)

I will consider giving you some magic bullets to help the cause!