Dear Franklin Gun Shop...

Guest nosnos

I'm not trying to be critical, but I really wish you were open more. I would be totally content if it were even just 1 or 2 employees after 6:00. Really. I don't ask much.

And also, if you want to close at 6:00, that's fine. It's your prerogative. But PLEASE don't close earlier than that. I called ahead, and your answering machine picked up (at 4:30) and told me that if it wasn't outside normal business hours, I was getting the answering machine because the lines were busy. Please, just put a message there that says you closed early.

Having such little consideration for customers who are willing to drive from quite a distance is not cool. Thanks.

Sincerely,

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guy N. Cognito
I'm not trying to be critical, but I really wish you were open more. I would be totally content if it were even just 1 or 2 employees after 6:00. Really. I don't ask much.

And also, if you want to close at 6:00, that's fine. It's your prerogative. But PLEASE don't close earlier than that. I called ahead, and your answering machine picked up (at 4:30) and told me that if it wasn't outside normal business hours, I was getting the answering machine because the lines were busy. Please, just put a message there that says you closed early.

Having such little consideration for customers who are willing to drive from quite a distance is not cool. Thanks.

Sincerely,

What day did you go and find them closed early?

All I'm saying is their hours are pretty difficult. Just called down today and they're closed until February 8th. I think its crazy. And frustrating. But whatever...

--------

Guest Guy N. Cognito
Yes. Shops that actually WANT your business, unlike FGS. Better prices, too.

Having been in FGS on many Saturdays, I'd dare say they're getting plenty of business......

Guest malbolja
Having been in FGS on many Saturdays, I'd dare say they're getting plenty of business......

Plenty of people out there with more money than sense. The point is that they don't BEHAVE as though they want your business. Their prices are high and their attitude sucks. I happily drove right past them to do business with G&L (an hour away). It's worth the drive to do business with friendly, knowledgeable people and not get raped at the cash register on the way out.

Edited by malbolja
Guest Guy N. Cognito
Plenty of people out there with more money than sense. The point is that they don't BEHAVE as though they want your business. Their prices are high and their attitude sucks. I happily drove right past them to do business with G&L (an hour away). It's worth the drive to do business with friendly, knowledgeable people and not get raped at the cash register on the way out.

FGS is just like any gun store. Mostly helpful staff and a few gun store commandos. G&L is no better, in my experience.

Companies don't stay in business with poor service and excessively high prices. FGS has found a niche. They don't have the best prices, but they have massive amounts of inventory and a great location within Williamson County. They clearly understand their clients and their market, or they wouldn't still be in business. Do they cater to those that want to pay Internet prices? No....they clearly don't have to stoop that low.

Personally, my time is valuable. While I might save a few bucks by driving to Greenbrier, I'm willing to pay a little extra for convenience and availability. To me, driving two hours round trip for a gun, not to mention the gas and maintenance on my vehicle, just doesn't make much sense. I've just got better things to do.

I will say they have better inventory than most. I was trying to find some very hard to find ammo (6.5 Grendel) and they had it in stock. It was $5 per box more than online even with shipping, but I forked over the cash because I could not find it anywhere else.

• Administrator

Williamson County has never exactly been deficient on people with more money than common sense and as has been pointed out already, FGS has a good location in Williamson County and understands their market. These factors all combine to being what is obviously a successful gun shop, if you base success solely on the revenue it generates for the ownership.

These statements shouldn't offend anyone. They are just simply the way things are. The same can be said for the vast majority of other boutique businesses in Williamson.

That's why I wanted to go there. An inventory like that is a STRONG draw, and the only thing that keeps me going back to them for more abuse.

I wanted to touch a Springfield MilSpec 1911 parkerized. Anyone seen one in stock anywhere lately?

--------

Guest Guy N. Cognito
Williamson County has never exactly been deficient on people with more money than common sense and as has been pointed out already, FGS has a good location in Williamson County and understands their market. These factors all combine to being what is obviously a successful gun shop, if you base success solely on the revenue it generates for the ownership.

These statements shouldn't offend anyone. They are just simply the way things are. The same can be said for the vast majority of other boutique businesses in Williamson.

While the common sense insult goes a bit too far, you are somewhat correct. People with money will pay extra for convenience and availability. It's not a lack of common sense (as some want to believe for their own reasons) but rather a choice of time over money. Sure, I could spend two hours driving to save $25 on my next Glock, but it's just not worth it to me. I spend a lot of time at work, and I'd rather spend my free time with my kids than driving all over creation for the best deal.

A for-profit business bases it's success on.....profit. I'm not sure what other factors you would use to judge such a business.