New Taurus Carbine

nightrunner

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils
The Taurus CT G2 pistol caliber carbine in 9mm, .40S&W, and .45ACP.

Taurus Carbine | The Firearm Blog

Looks a bit like a Beretta Storm carbine.

For folks valuing a short overall length, it looks some inches longer than a Storm. The Storm gets an OAL barely longer than short bullpups by feeding the mag thru the pistol grip, pistol-style. Taurus putting the mag forward of the pistol grip will likely make a longer rifle.

That thing is DOA when it hits the market... I just don't see it taking off

Agreed; where folks might accept Taurus' long trigger pull on their affordable semis, I have a hard time believing that they'll be OK with it on a carbine, and especially one that will run in the $5-700 range. If the MSRP is anywhere near accurate, why wouldn't you buy a bargain AR with a 16" barrel instead?

Looks more like the H&K not the Beretta.

I agree looks really similar to the ump. For home and indoor use a 45 carbine provides many advantages over a rifle caliber carbine....that being said if I could only own it would be of a rifle caliber. This gun has its own niche and in it I think it will do well at the sub $700 range. A huge advantage being its indoor range friendly.

Guest Lester Weevils
Its ok but it lokks big, its expensive for a taurus and its low capacity in 40 and 45m

For the life of me I don't understand why nobody can make a truly high cap 45 carbine, seems like it would be easy and sell good

Would a semi-auto Thompson with a 50 rd drum mag qualify as a carbine? Dunno.

New-manufacture Thompson SBR is 35", 12 pounds. 16" barrel Thompson is 41", 13 pounds.

Comparatively, STG 556 is 31", 7.2 pounds. CX4 Storm is 31.5", 5.7 pounds. AR15 carbine about 36", 7 or 8 pounds.

Maybe some kind of rifle made of modern materials, a little shorter and lighter than a Thompson, which takes Thompson drum mags?

Think I recall reading that it is against USA law to make consumer rifles with electrically operated triggers. Wonder if it is against the law to make electrically assisted magazines? Just thinking, either a big stick mag or drum mag with a pressure-sensing servo feed motor-- It could in principle feed lots of bullets, with the first round having exactly the same feed pressure as the last round. Might work a whole lot smoother than monster springs?

The only advantages I see in buying a pistol caliber carbine over an AR type rifle would be 1) Cheaper ammo 2) You can shoot it at pistol ranges.

Of course, I never thought the "Judge" would sell. Who would buy a shotgun with a rifled barrel or a pistol with reduced twist in the rifleing to reduce accuracy? The "Judge" has both! YET The "Judge" has been one of the hottest selling guns ever made. Everyone I have ever talked to who owns a Judge loves them! So what the heck do I know. With the right marketing they could sell well. They need to make a video of a guy getting carjacket by watermelons. :((

A thompson is very nice but heavy. If I could have say a hk usc with ump conversion witha 16" barrel would be a dream but I don't belive its possible due to 922R.

And the thing I like about a .45acp carbine is truly big bore punch at short ranges with a high capacity, if I could get 30 rounds of .458socom in a reasonably sized mag in an ar I'd much rather have that

That is ugly. I would take a beretta anytime over that mess. I agree about the mags. Why can't someone make a sub carbine that takes common double stack mags. The Keltec is a fun little gun, but the mag situation screws it up. I would rather spend money on a mechtech before i would spend $700 on that.