Stoeger Cougar 9MM.

Mykltn

It's been awhile since I had a good 9MM in the safe. Picked up this little beauty tonight at Academy Sports, It's a Stoeger Cougar in 9MM. For those that don't know, Stoeger is owned by Beretta. This is the reincarnation of the Beretta Cougar made with the same tooling but under the Stoeger name. It came with four 15 round mags and a lock. Can't wait to get it to the range and test it out along with the other purchases I made last month. Will post a range report on this one and the Smith & Wesson .38 Bodyguard as soon as I get some rounds put through them.

83379a1e.jpg

Edited by Mykltn
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice lil gun.Ive shot the Beretta version and it shot really well.Always wondered why they gave it up to stoeger.Someone said the storm took its place with beretta

Cool. These are supposed to be pretty nice and very reliable. They just released a .45 version of this gun, but I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Bass Pro shop has the 8045, and it has the rail.

I own both 8040 Beretta's and Stoger's, the finish might be a little better onthe Beretta but functionally they are the same, same feel, same weight, shoots the same.

Guest BEARMAN

I've got the Beretta Mini Cougar 8000F in 9mm. I can use the 10 round mags for concealment purposes, or use the 15 round mags by slipping the mag spacers on the magazine to fill the gap at the bottom of the grip.

It is the most accurate 9 mm I have ever shot, and it's never had a hiccup whatsoever. A lot of folks don't favor the rotating barrel design, however, I believe thats where it's accuracy and reliability stem from.

It's also a breeze to field strip and clean. I think you'll be very happy with your Stoeger Cougar.

Give us a full range report, next time you head out to the range.

-Bearman

My son has the .40 cal version of the Cougar,it shoots real well and aside from a few limp wrist problems in the beginning its been 100% since.I shot his pistol and like it quite a bit,I had no failures with it at all.Pretty darned accurate also,its action is a bit different with the rotating action,its actually pretty smooth.

Guest Lester Weevils

Didn't realize until today that the Cougar has the rotating barrel like Storm pistols. Shot a Storm one time and was impressed with the accuracy. The Cougar looks more visually pleasing than the Storm to me, though of course the purpose of a gun is not to be pretty. That Cougar looks real ergonomic.