Just got back from the Nashville show did anyone go to Williamson show?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed a few of the people behind the booths often take a gun and walk around on the floor, like they're individuals selling their personal gun. I'm wondering if they sold one like that, do they "fess up" and say, "oh, by the way, we still have tax and TICS on this gun"? I saw at least one individual doing it at the Nashville gun show today, and I've seen them doing it a few times at the Murfreesboro show. They also approach people and inquire about buying whatever they're carrying... again, just like they're one of us walking in off of the street. Kinda like "under-cover" competition for those of us that are trying to buy or sell something from someone walking around on the floor. I guess it's their right to do it... just not sure I'm crazy about the idea. I kinda like to know if I'm dealing with a dealer, whether I'm buying or selling. What say you?

Sidewinder,

You don't have to be a dealer to have a table at a gun show. I have known some dealers who attend a show on their own to sell their personal firearms as a private sale. Also, I see nothing wrong with a dealer walking the show looking for firearms to buy as part of his business.

Now, somebody there as a dealer in the business of selling firearms who is trolling the show with a firearm for sale like a private individual..., I agree with you, its a problem if for nothing more than it presents a false picture. I wouldn't buy from a dealer who tried a trick like that.

JMHO.

Edited by DMark

I've been to my last gunshow. *gasp* I know, but I always end up going, getting P.O. for the gouging prices or lack of what I want and either going to the gunstore I trade with or ordering it online. The dealer I trade with is very good to me and I have just washed my hands of the swap meet madness. I mean, you think about it; Unless you just love to go and be out and about the crowd, the money I pay for admittance for me and the wife will pay shipping on just about anything parts and accessory wise. If I want a gun, I'd heap rather pay the dealer an extra few bucks and not have to deal with the lack of deodourant and price bickering turkish bazaar.

I've been to my last gunshow. *gasp* I know, but I always end up going, getting P.O. for the gouging prices or lack of what I want and either going to the gunstore I trade with or ordering it online. The dealer I trade with is very good to me and I have just washed my hands of the swap meet madness. I mean, you think about it; Unless you just love to go and be out and about the crowd, the money I pay for admittance for me and the wife will pay shipping on just about anything parts and accessory wise. If I want a gun, I'd heap rather pay the dealer an extra few bucks and not have to deal with the lack of deodourant and price bickering turkish bazaar.

I hear ya, man... Ever time I convince myself to go again, I leave with the same mindset.

Caster, I'll have to agree up to a point. Haven't said, or thought, that I'd never go back,

exception being the Franklin show. I don't always buy anything, but I enjoy looking

over the merchandise, seeing what's new on the market & being able to get it in

my hand to see how it feels, rather than seeing a pic in a magazine & having only

the writers opinion of what it feels like.

Not unusual for me to use the show as one large dealer shelf to feel & find what

I want & then shop wherever for the best deal, at the show or not.

Agreed, some aspects of a show are a pain in the butt.

Guest NashvegasMatt

I just got back from the goodman show, and thought it was ok..Lots of cool stuff to look at, but prices were just ok... ended up buying some small trinkets, but nothing big.

Yea, just got back myself...nothing special i left about 11:30, no spectacular deals that can't get off the interent every day, didnt see one private seller with a table though, hate paying that TN sales tax on big purchases, you'd go to one booth and they would be selling a regular basic ruger LCR for $519 and then go to another and they would have one for $399, which i can buy them all day long on the internet for... I'll be going to the murfreesboro one this weekend... its usually a little better, thought about swinging over to franklin on my way home but didn't...

Guest NashvegasMatt

about the only "deal" I found was on some hornaday critical defense .45 ammo... sold me two 20rnd boxes for $35 not bad for 5 minutes of talking.

Guest highvoltage

the only deal i found was on some cci primers 5000 for $99.99 i to keep thinking i wont go back. but as others. i like to handle the guns and find what i like then order from my shop most of the time at a better price than the show.

Complete bust for me, again. $10 entry fee is kind of steep.

Didn't find any turkey hunting ammo

No 12ga turkey chokes

No Hornady 7.62 or 5.45 ammo

No long gun soft cases

No .50 BMG ammo

Almost bought some AR parts, but again, overpriced. Can order from Brownells cheaper, of known manufacturer, with return guarantee.

Way overpriced AK ammo

Overpriced CZ-82 (beat up finish for $250). Picked up an unfired one yesterday for $179.

They did have a guy selling M1 rifles who just out and out lied about what they are (original WW2 Winchesters. Really, with that 1951 Springfield barrel?)

They did have lots of knives and many tables of survival type stuff.

Why do I bother?

Complete bust for me, again. $10 entry fee is kind of steep.

Didn't find any turkey hunting ammo

No 12ga turkey chokes

No Hornady 7.62 or 5.45 ammo

No long gun soft cases

No .50 BMG ammo

Almost bought some AR parts, but again, overpriced. Can order from Brownells cheaper, of known manufacturer, with return guarantee.

Way overpriced AK ammo

Overpriced CZ-82 (beat up finish for $250). Picked up an unfired one yesterday for $179.

They did have a guy selling M1 rifles who just out and out lied about what they are (original WW2 Winchesters. Really, with that 1951 Springfield barrel?)

They did have lots of knives and many tables of survival type stuff.

Why do I bother?

didnt stop by my spot i had cases of 50 bmg for 3.00 per round