2 Dead Over Stolen Radiator

VERO1

I was listening to local Knox Fm station WIVK on the way home from work tonight. They were following a breaking story somewhere in the local vicinity. Seems a guy called the sheriff dept and reported someone had just stolen a radiator from his yard. A few minutes later a walkin clinic in the area called and reported they had two gunshot victims. The person who called in the theft was arrested for 2nd degree murder x 2. Apparently he confessed to taking a shot at the car as it left. His shot hit a woman in the car who was 8 months pregnant. Killed her and her unborn child. There was also a 17 month old in the car who was not hurt. What the Hell was everybody thinking???????

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that dude is a TOTAL idiot....this is the kind of crap that gives us a bad name...

Absolutely.....this is terrible. Not only should the shooter be charged with murder x2, but the idiotic boyfriend should be charged with accessory to murder for doing something so stupid while his girlfriend, child and unborn child were with him.

No it doesn't. This was not a responsible gun owner. Responsible gun owners know that you cannot shoot some one for taking your things unless they are attempting to do you severe bodily harm in the proces

It does hurt us, because people that don't know better or have an agenda will use this to argue that we're all trigger happy lunatics, after all, that guy in Knoxville killed that lady over a radiator!

Guest Engloid

Herein is something to learn for everybody.

For the good folks out there...don't be so quick to shoot.

For the thieves and those that hang out with criminals... you can get shot for being with them at the wrong time... legal or not, when you're dead, it doesn't matter. Her mistake, in participating in this theft cost her life.

Guest canynracer
I would bet that the theft was because they had spent their money on drugs and could not afford a radiator or they were going to take the copper from the radiator to buy more drugs. People who are sober do not do this stupid stuff.

people that are broke do....just cause you steal, doesnt make you a druggie....

we just dont know, thats all....

people that are broke do....just cause you steal, doesnt make you a druggie....

this happened in a rural area, Morgan County is not Knoxville. I have no doubt that meth is at the root of this. People that are broke do not steal. Criminals steal.

There are many people who do not have a pot to piss in and they do not go and steal.

I agree with Bryan about the charge of two counts of murder. One was a baby not yet born. Odd that the baby could be aborted and the doctor or mother would not receive a murder charge.

Guest canynracer
this happened in a rural area, Morgan County is not Knoxville. I have no doubt that meth is at the root of this. People that are broke do not steal. Criminals steal.

There are many people who do not have a pot to piss in and they do not go and steal.

I agree with Bryan about the charge of two counts of murder. One was a baby not yet born. Odd that the baby could be aborted and the doctor or mother would not receive a murder charge.

ahhh, I didnt know that about Morgan County...

you are right criminals steal...but not all criminals do drugs :eek: (not saying that these people are not druggies, but just making the point that not all thefts or other criminal acts revolve around drugs, most do, but there are criminals that do not do any drugs)

and yes, double murder is not the proper charge for this

but I do think he should be charged with the death of the mother, IMHO, I dont think this was a justified shoot

Canyn - this was not a justified shoot. The shooter shot at a car that was leaving the scene. He was not in any immediate threat of death or severe bodily harm. This was a matter for the police to investigate. If he wanted to insure the return of his property he could have followed them in another vehicle or written down the tag number.

I would never shoot at a moving vehicle. You just don't know where it would end up.

I should add that if you have time to draw and shoot at a moving vehicle coming at you, you have time to get out of the way.

Edited by saintsfanbrian
Guest TargetShooter84
Canyn - this was not a justified shoot. The shooter shot at a car that was leaving the scene. He was not in any immediate threat of death or severe bodily harm. This was a matter for the police to investigate. If he wanted to insure the return of his property he could have followed them in another vehicle or written down the tag number.

I would never shoot at a moving vehicle. You just don't know where it would end up.

Very well said.

.................He should be charged with Murder. I have a problem with it being 2 counts though. I will not go in to why, just suffice it to say that in my opinion there are murders committed every day that go uncharged in the name of convenience.

and yes, double murder is not the proper charge for this

:stunned::mad::eek: Ok guys, I was really trying to hold back and keep my opinion to myself about this.........but I just can't do it!!! Abortion is right up there with gun rights with me. Unfortunately (and VERY immorally), abortion is legal..........but NOT when the baby is 8 months old (in the womb)!!!!!!! Are you guys crazy??? An unborn child can be be born at 8 months and be a perfectly healthy and ALIVE little baby.....heck, even preemies can make it as early as 6 months! Life begins in the womb......not after they're born!!! This ignorant, irresponsible, idiotic man killed two LIVING people and should be held responsible for taking both of those lives and charged with two counts of murder!!!!

Guest canynracer
:eek::mad::mad: Ok guys, I was really trying to hold back and keep my opinion to myself about this.........but I just can't do it!!! Abortion is right up there with gun rights with me. Unfortunately (and VERY immorally), abortion is legal..........but NOT when the baby is 8 months old (in the womb)!!!!!!! Are you guys crazy??? An unborn child can be be born at 8 months and be a perfectly healthy and ALIVE little baby.....heck, even preemies can make it as early as 6 months! Life begins in the womb......not after they're born!!! This ignorant, irresponsible, idiotic man killed two LIVING people and should be held responsible for taking both of those lives and charged with two counts of murder!!!!

good point...I gotta admit, I looked right past the age of the fetus....my apologies...for some reason I was thinking 8 day...

:stunned: