Cleveland IDPA/3-GUN

Guest price g

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought IDPA= I Don't Practice Anymore. At any rate we need some new blood since some of our old has beens have quit. :bowrofl:

You have to be good at one point to become a has been at a later time.I never fell under that umbrella.

Guest Arcane
I thought IDPA= I Don't Practice Anymore. At any rate we need some new blood since some of our old has beens have quit. ;)

I may be an old has been, but I ain't quit yet. :)

Mike

Guest Arcane

abailey362, we start sign-up at 9:00, new shooters briefing at 9:30 and squad up at 10:00. If you get there around 9:00 we'll let you practice with a staple gun. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rugerman

I am VERY interested in getting involved in IDPA in Cleveland (live in Dayton). Can someone please PM me with information? I am not a member of the range, but would like to become one. Anyone know how to go about doing this? Thanks a lot, I would appreciate any response. I have never shot IDPA and might need to talk gear, rules, etc. Thanks!

Thanks grout. Do you know if the Cleveland range is accepting members, and if so, who to contact? Thanks!

Show up at one of the meetings at 7:30 and fill out an application with the membership fee.The meetings are on the first and third Tues. of each month.You are also required to be an NRA member.

Guest Rugerman
Show up at one of the meetings at 7:30 and fill out an application with the membership fee.The meetings are on the first and third Tues. of each month.You are also required to be an NRA member.

I am an NRA member. Do you know what fee they charge? Is it a nice place? The range in Dayton is pretty hit or miss.

$65 a year .New members in the middle of the year are not pro rated however so you would pay the $65 now for the remainder of this year.In Jan you would pay for all year.I like the club,it has a 100 and a 200 yd rifle range,a skeet range and 5 pistol ranges.Where do you shoot in Dayton?

Guest Rugerman
$65 a year .New members in the middle of the year are not pro rated however so you would pay the $65 now for the remainder of this year.In Jan you would pay for all year.I like the club,it has a 100 and a 200 yd rifle range,a skeet range and 5 pistol ranges.Where do you shoot in Dayton?

In dayton there is a place called "travis shooting range". I have seen quite a bit of unsafe gun handling there (I am shooting my pistol from 7 yards and the guy next to me proceeds to try to shoot from behind me at 15 yards). The place is hit or miss as far as when you can show up (sometimes he is giving classes indoors and the range closes unless you are his good friend), prices are different everytime I go, etc. It's a pain to drive the 20 minutes there just to find out he is giving a class and won't let me shoot. One day about 10 of us got turned away. His website recently went down so I don't know if he closed or not. They shoot IDPA there but I'd much rather go to Dodd and cleveland to shoot. It's frustrating, as I have been trying to get in the mode of shooting regularly and his hours are too inconsistent. Where do you shoot?

Rugerman, I live in Dayton and am the MD for the Cleveland IDPA matches and also help Ronnie Dodd at his range. I sent you a PM. Let me know if you have any questions.

My schedule looks like this, unless I am at a major match:

1st Saturday - Oak Ridge IDPA

2nd Saturday - Cleveland 3-gun

3rd Saturday - Cleveland IDPA

4th Saturday - Dodd & Associates IDPA

Mike

Guest abailey362

I've been a member at cleveland for a few months now and love it. it's a nice facility and never really busy. there are 5 pistol bays and the only time i've ever shared one is when I was there with friends. rifle ranges will be crowded this time of year with the deer hunters, but a lot of times i've been I was the only person on the property.

Rugerman, I live in Dayton and am the MD for the Cleveland IDPA matches and also help Ronnie Dodd at his range. I sent you a PM. Let me know if you have any questions.

My schedule looks like this, unless I am at a major match:

1st Saturday - Oak Ridge IDPA

2nd Saturday - Cleveland 3-gun

3rd Saturday - Cleveland IDPA

4th Saturday - Dodd & Associates IDPA

Mike

Mike,what do you do in your spare time? I mean there is fishing,hiking,cycling,golf,bowling.You need a hobby dude.:D

Guest Rugerman

More than likely I will be going to the Cleveland meeting on Tuesday night to become a member (hopefully). I am going to watch an event next Saturday and hopefully start the following month.:lol: Very excited.

Guest abailey362

don;t watch....just shoot it. if you just watch, you'll be kicking yourself after the first stage. You probably won't be the best there, but the experience is what counts

More than likely I will be going to the Cleveland meeting on Tuesday night to become a member (hopefully). I am going to watch an event next Saturday and hopefully start the following month.:P Very excited.

Welcome to the best shooting club in the state.