Cleveland IDPA/3-GUN

Guest price g

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cap4004

Very nice site. I espescially like the posted CoF for the upcoming IDPA match. In looking over the 3-gun scores I am curious - what determines which 3-gun division you are in? Is there a site somewhere that describes the type of guns allowed for each division?

We are an "outlaw club", we have a rule book that is currently a work in progress. Basically, Open = anthing goes, Tactical = Optical rifle sight, Limited=iron sights on all guns. There are a few more rules, but that is it in a nutshell, we are trying to keep it as simple and safe as possible. If you come out to a match the provisional rule book is available to look over, when we get everything nailed down the rules will be posted on the web. If you are interested, .22 LR is allowed in all rifle divisions currently in an attempt to make playing the game affordable.

Robin ( I'm not incharge of anything, I just make the rule books!)

Guest price g

Robin is in charge of everything. He is the go to guy. Your rifle determines your class. Three[3] classes, 1 LIMITED= iron sights, 2 TACTICAL=one[1] optic on rifle, 3 OPEN=optics on all guns, no restrictions. Any rifle, pistol, shotgun can be used as long as they are safe. No .22pistols, they want knock over the steel, but rimfire rifles are ok.

Guest Clutch442

Price G invited myself and a friend to check out the 3 gun match this past weekend in Cleveland. Great bunch of guys up there, everyone very helpful and friendly. We will definitley be participating soon! Anybody looking for something interesting as well as fun should check the schedule and come by.

• 1 month later...
Guest GUTTERbOY

Good stuff. I just might come out for the April IDPA match and embarrass myself. I've been wanting to get involved with practical shooting for some time.

Any tips for a first-timer? Besides the obvious like close the mouth and open the ears? :confused:

Good stuff. I just might come out for the April IDPA match and embarrass myself. I've been wanting to get involved with practical shooting for some time.

Any tips for a first-timer? Besides the obvious like close the mouth and open the ears? :confused:

You will need eye and ear protection. holster, 3 mags or 4 speedloaders, and a concealment garment (vest, shirt etc,). Most IDPA stages are shot from concealed draws. www.rangeisssafe.com has links to some local clubs and the IDPA website as well, you can download the rulebook and read which I would recommend. Most local matches use 75-100 rds of ammo, bring 150 rds and you'll have plenty. Plan to have some fun, and don't worry about embarrasing yourself, all of us were newbies at some point, and we will be glad to give you whatever help you need. Also we have a "cold" range policy at the matches, that means don't show up with a loaded gun, shooters are allowed to handle their gun only under the supervision of a safety officer. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Guest Grout

Yeah,Don't let Weber work on your gun.:rolleyes:

Guest GUTTERbOY
You will need eye and ear protection. holster, 3 mags or 4 speedloaders, and a concealment garment (vest, shirt etc,). Most IDPA stages are shot from concealed draws. www.rangeisssafe.com has links to some local clubs and the IDPA website as well, you can download the rulebook and read which I would recommend. Most local matches use 75-100 rds of ammo, bring 150 rds and you'll have plenty. Plan to have some fun, and don't worry about embarrasing yourself, all of us were newbies at some point, and we will be glad to give you whatever help you need. Also we have a "cold" range policy at the matches, that means don't show up with a loaded gun, shooters are allowed to handle their gun only under the supervision of a safety officer. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

I plan on shooting with my carry rig, (well, except for the dual magazine carrier) to simulate what I'd have to do in real life were I to need to draw. Won't make for the best times, but I figure realism is a better goal. As for eyes, ears etc... I got all that stuff.

I was gonna attend the IDPA-lite shoot that Rabbi did, but between the threat of rain and being in a temporary tight spot financially, I decided to forgo the chance of spending $70+ on gas and having it get rained out. So of course, the weather ended up being fine.

I appreciate the info; I had been looking at the site price_g put up and Cleveland looks like a good location for me to go to.

• 2 weeks later...

My CCW gun is an SP101...a 5 shot revolver. It would make sense for me to train/compete with a gun that I carry so I would like to use it.

Will having a 5 shot revolver put me at an inherit disadvantage in IDPA? For example...is the course a 12 shot course that would force me to drop 2 more rounds in and index them to complete a round?