Cleveland IDPA/3-GUN

Guest price g

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the round count for IDPA is less then 100, $10 to enter and once a month. Less then going to a movie? Practice drawing and reloading free ;).

I don't think I've ever had cheap hobby.

I think this months CoF was 99 rounds. I made it a point to miss one of the steels so I could get in an even 100. :P

Come out and shoot next month. I've only been doing it for a couple of months after watching 2 or 3 times.

Besides, I need another chronologicaly challenged shooter to compete with. Chris Weber makes me feel even slower than I am.:)

Edited by bvarnell
spelling
Guest Pistorius

I'd seen somewhere, I can't quite recall where, that it was recommended that you have 4-5 mags as well as 200 rounds available for a match. If that had been the case, it would require me to purchase 1-2 mags, the ammunition, and a mag holster, which is why I thought it might be a bit costly to participate.

3 mags is all you have to have to shoot IDPA. The round count is usually 75-100 rds max. Cleveland only charges $10 to shoot, and the matches are a fun learning expierience. If you like to shoot you will probably enjoy IDPA. If you are a new shooter at a local match you will be allowed to shoot with whatever gear you have, and if you like the game you can buy legal gear later. A cross draw holster or shoulder holster is about the only thing I can think of that is always a no-no, and that is for safety reasons. Come out and watch if you like, but you'll likely wish you brought your gun!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest price g
So, whos going to the Cleveland 3-gun this Sat.?? I think I can make my first one of the year. Hope it dont rain.

we shot anyway:screwy:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest abailey362

I am working this weekend duing 3 gun, but should be able to make the classifier - looking forward to not having to shoot as a UN anymore

Guest Beer_Snob

It just happens that every weekend there is a match I have to go out of town. Oh well, there's always next month.

Guest abailey362

yes, its like a regular match, but the stages are from the official IDPA people, and there is a scale for classifications. Open to anyone

Guest Grout

They have open squading on the Classifier meaning you can start on any of the 3 stages and work your way around.One suggestion to speed things up is to bring every magazine you have and have them loaded particuarly on the first 2 stages.

• 4 months later...