Huckabee really is a double threat...

Guest Steelharp

Guest Steelharp

... a bad bass player that doesn't know when to lay out, and a preacher that loves his pulpit too much to stop. :eek:

(No, I'm not a McCain fan either, nor am I for H or O... if I could, I'd vote for the official Richard Pryor candidate, "None of the Above!")

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... a bad bass player that doesn't know when to lay out, and a preacher that loves his pulpit too much to stop. :stunned:

(No, I'm not a McCain fan either, nor am I for H or O... if I could, I'd vote for the official Richard Pryor candidate, "None of the Above!")

Actually if folks knew the grief he took for leaving said pulpit, you would ease up a bit. :mad: It just gets old.

BTW I know you were joking, no harm.:eek:

Speaking of Hillary and the election, I saw a great message on a sign board close to the airport off of 40 a couple weeks ago that said "Vote for Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend's wife".

Which brings to mind what Larry the Cable Guy said ..

I don't know why everyone gives Cheney so much crap for shooting his buddy in the face. He shot his buddy in the face, how much sorrier can he be. I didn't hear everyone up in arms when Clinton shot his intern in the face.

I'm interested in how the margin ends up in Virginia on the Republican side. I know one of the guys who owns Mason-Dixon polling.

Here is a rundown on several polling companies: http://www.pollster.com/08-VA-Rep-Pres-Primary.php

You might also want to look at http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.PrintView.-content-articles-RTD-2008-02-10-0270.html. Some interesting stuff there. Looks like sexism and racism are coming into play. I suspect that may happen in the general election too.

Edited by Marswolf
Looks like sexism and racism are coming into play. I suspect that may happen in the general election too.

Even though I am ticked out off at conservative talk radio because of the trashing they did of Dole for telling them to lighten up, I did read a good point that Rush made. He said that the Democrat vote is split along the lines of race and sex while the Republicans are split on ideology. So which party does that tell you is using actual intelligence and which is a popularity contest.

Something interesting that I read in the Wall Street Journal is that in an independent poll showed that 25% of Osama Obama supporters do not think he is qualified to be president. So my question is why the f*(& are you voting for him!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do you think Hillary conceals hers?
I don't think any of us really want to be given the Security Clearance to know the answer to that question...
PLEASE don't go there :stunned:

mitt_romney_for_president1.jpg

:eek:

I'm afraid so-called conservative talk radio may be permanently off of my listening list. Limbaugh and company have acted like real idiots. Romney would have been one of my last choices to vote for. He's obviously Liberal, changing his position to get votes and with a totally flaky and unintelligent con-man religion not just unsupported by facts but disproved by them. The so-called conservative talk hosts did what the liberal democrats did. Anyone but Bush, for the libs / anyone but McCain for the self-appointed conservative mouth-o-crats. Just stupid. Mindless hatred of anyone who wouldn't tow their foolish line.

I heard one conservative commentator the other day with a realistic perspective. He said he though he might support some off the wall candidate (I don't remember who) just to show how little influence radio talk show hosts actually have. :eek:

McCain is no defender of individual liberty, but he's also no religious nut. Had enough of that with Carter and Bush II. I won't be fooled again....:mad:

You know how it goes. Fool me one once, shame on me.... Well you can't fool me three times. I'll vote for Hillary before I vote for another religious nut. Religious foreign policy has always been a disaster.

Why do you guys think Huckabee stays in the race? There aren't even enough delegates left to win for him to become the candidate. Does he just not know when to shut up? Is he a self-serving preacher, like Jessee Jackson and Al Sharpton? :stunned: Is he looking for the role of a spoiler? Is he just dumb? It seems to me that it's time he fights the real enemy - the truly liberal Democrats. I've lost respect for him. I've come to think of him as the Sharpton of the religio-conservative set. "Hey...look at me!!!"

Edited by Marswolf

based on McCains age and all I would not drop out. I believe that is why Romney is still holding onto his delegates. Aside from McCain having a grabber or stroking out and dying he could possibly do or say something that no longer makes him a viable candidate.

The road to the presidency is more like a marathon than a sprint, no sense in quitting early.

Huck said that he understands that he doesn't have enough delegates to get him the nomination, but that McCain has not won enough either, and he would have to get the required 1191 to get the nomination. He will continue to try.

If they both don't get the 1191, I don't know what would happen then.

Some of what I have read online...

(take with a grain of salt, reposted from the web...)

-------------------------

Huckabee says he'll drop out if he's mathematically eliminated - in other words, once McCain racks up the needed 1,191 delegates.

But that probably can't happen until April 22, when Pennsylvania votes.

For practical purposes, McCain already appears beyond Huckabee's reach. According to the latest count by The Associated Press, McCain had 729 delegates to Huckabee's 241 delegates. One factor keeping McCain from claiming a majority sooner is that Romney has yet to release his 288 delegates.

"With Romney out of the race, Huckabee became a repository for the anti-McCain vote. I think for conservatives, it doesn't hurt for a while here to make sure Senator McCain and his folks understand that the fissures that conservatives have with Senator McCain didn't happen overnight, and are not going to be resolved overnight," said Mueller. "One of the reasons Huckabee is staying in is to give a voice to conservatives so that we are a very strong presence going into the convention."

McCain said Tuesday in Richmond, Va, "Governor Huckabee has every right to remain in the race as long as he feels is necessary."

-------------------------

It doesn't bother me that he is staying in. If anything the states he is winning is just showing how unhappy the republican party is unhappy with McCain. I don't know that it is such a bad thing for everyone to just "annoint" McCain as the nominee and let him think he automatically has the full support of conservatives. Talk radio wanted to push Romney down our throats... now they want to sing McCain's praises. Forget them...

To be honest... I'm pretty discusted with all the politics right now. There is

noe in the running worthy of an honest man's vote. (IMHO)

to make sure Senator McCain and his folks understand that the fissures that conservatives have with Senator McCain didn't happen overnight, and are not going to be resolved overnight,

The "fissures" help the liberals. Whining is whining. Why would anyone with any sense do that?

The decision has been made. Sounds like it is now time to get on to working to elect the candidate closest to your philosophy.

The decision has been made. Sounds like it is now time to get on to working to elect the candidate closest to your philosophy.

I guess you are right... we should accept that McCain is the best that the party will fully back and send him to the front.

As far as... "working to elect the candidate closest to your philosophy."

I would but Fred backed out. :rofl:

As far as... "working to elect the candidate closest to your philosophy."

I would but Fred backed out. :rofl:

I tend to agree - sorta - but Fred had some nutso problems too. The more I learned about him, the less I liked him.

I think he would make a very good VP candidate.