Not another one!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gw2and4

Cardiac events suck. Repeat cardiac events suck even more. Never thought I'd have a cardiologist at 36 years of age...but you play the cards you're dealt, right?

Hope everything works out for you, Robin48. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone 4

Is there such thing as a "little" cardiac event? Why not go to the Dr.?

because a doctor WILL find something wrong.

Doctors have a license to practice. When they get it right they can treat me, but they sure aren't practicing on me.

Hang in there Robin

Yeah... what Mike.357 said.

There in the business of people repair which really isn't much more reassuring than a local car mechanic... The pharmaceutical companies basically own them. They will insure you are well medicated when you leave the office. If you have a complication from the crap their pushing they'll prescribe another medication the cover that "problem".

Kind of like my dentist wanting to cap a cracked tooth that I have had for seven years now with no pain and no problem other than that he can see it when I go in for a cleaning. I have been telling him all this time that I'd like to keep my funds in my bank account so I can put my kid through school...not his! LOL

Guest gw2and4
Yeah... what Mike.357 said.

There in the business of people repair which really isn't much more reassuring than a local car mechanic... The pharmaceutical companies basically own them. They will insure you are well medicated when you leave the office. If you have a complication from the crap their pushing they'll prescribe another medication the cover that "problem".

Kind of like my dentist wanting to cap a cracked tooth that I have had for seven years now with no pain and no problem other than that he can see it when I go in for a cleaning. I have been telling him all this time that I'd like to keep my funds in my bank account so I can put my kid through school...not his! LOL

Very sad that many docs are just like this...but if they are, I hightail it out of there at the first sign. If all they want to do is push meds and go straight to the cutting without proper diagnosis--I'm out of there and they can kiss my @$$.

Have to say though that I was pleasantly surprised when my cardiologist spent over an hour sitting with me just talking things through. Ironically, he actually took me off of the med the ER doc put me on, saying it probably wasn't helping and could be hurting things in the long run. Seemed like a true (and quite talented) diagnostician. Old school "we're gonna figure this thing out" type doc. They're out there still, and I hope anyone with medical problems finds themselves dealing with the good kind of docs rather than the other kind.

Guest Drewsett

No offense man, but depending on the crack, your dentist could be trying to save you money in the long run. Sometimes, by the time you notice pain, it's already progressed to the point of root canal. A crown is far less expensive. Spend your money how you see fit, of course, but this guy trusts his dental professional (granted, she's my mom). At the very least you owe yourself a second opinion.

As far as the cardiac thing goes....

Scares the beejezus out of me. I am not a fan of doctors in general, but if your heart starts crapping out on you it's not like some knee pain you can ignore or compensate for...you only get one heart and unlike a knee you can't fix it with a cane if worst comes to worst.

Stay safe, think healthy thoughts.

Guest 6.8 AR

Sounds like you would be a good candidate for a second opinion. A good cardiologist might

help. I hate to go to the doc, and, believe me I choose and the wife being well experienced

in the hospital setting, I won't go to a bad one. Your life is worth more than a thousand bucks,

any way you look at it. A good doc is not that hard to find.

And as far as that cracked tooth goes. Bite down on something on a holiday and let that crack

give the pain from Hell at the wrong time. It's a game changer.

... Kind of like my dentist wanting to cap a cracked tooth that I have had for seven years now with no pain and no problem other than that he can see it when I go in for a cleaning. I have been telling him all this time that I'd like to keep my funds in my bank account so I can put my kid through school...not his! LOL

A friend's mother nearly died from a broken tooth that didn't hurt. It got infected, the infection got into her blood and ruined a heart valve. She collapsed and had emergency open-heart surgery to replace the valve. They pulled the tooth too. So she got to see both the dentist and cardiologist.

I'm sure if I go to an automobile dealer, he will tell me I need to trade in my year old vehicle for a new one. If I get a second opinion from another dealer, he will say the same thing.

The only time a doctor will tell you that you don't need his services, is when your insurance doesn't pay.

At 33 I have realized there's only one way to fix a tooth. Extraction. Teeth suck. I've had all my wisdom teeth and all but one molar removed. I have a little savings account [mason jar] set aside and when there's enough put away, I'm going to go have the rest yanked and buy me a nice perfect custom set. I know the woes of dentures but I ask everyone I meet that has dentures....NOT ONE single person has ever said they wish they had their real teeth back. A few have told me they wouldn't take them back for any amount of $$$! Like my father in law says, when he gets a tooth ache, he pulls them out and chunks them in a jar. Problem solved. False teeth aren't exactly sexy, but I've been married a decade now to a gal I've known since second grade. What the heck do I care.

To all those wishing to recieve no medical care, please get a living will and DNR. This will make your wishes known and save everyones time.

If it weren't for my wife's wishes to the opposite, I'd wear a DNR tag around my neck. You can keep your life support and ventilators. Everyone feels different. My wife is a "Clingon" She wants to cling on to life to last second. Me? I'd take 50 years running at 80-90% efficiency than 100 years with the last half being crapped out and in pain, burdensome and can't even wipe my own, well.:shrug:

Not saying anyone over 50 is like that! I'm just saying for me. If you can't live life the way YOU feel it should be lived, why live at all? AND I can't live life from a chair from the dang scooter store!:D

Guest mustangdave

Dentists....grrrr...don't get me wrong. My son NEEDED some serious work done on his teeth...his personal oral hygene sucks. He has no health/dental insurance...so the vacation fund just got TAPPED OUT...5 crowns...a root canal...and a bridge. I'm out $5K...but its worth it to see him smile again.

Me? I'd take 50 years running at 80-90% efficiency than 100 years with the last half being crapped out and in pain, burdensome and can't even wipe my own, well.:shrug:

I'm glad to see there are other people out there who see it like I do. Unfortunately, however, all too often we don't get to choose. That's left up to a higher power. I'm glad it is, because I'd screw that up as well as everything else I touch.

Guest Ae-35

After having 3 heart attacks in a week, and 45 days in CICU at Vandy, followed by a transplant 19 days later, my advice is see a Dr. one you trust soon !!! That or make sure your " plot" is bought.

I'm glad to see there are other people out there who see it like I do. Unfortunately, however, all too often we don't get to choose. That's left up to a higher power. I'm glad it is, because I'd screw that up as well as everything else I touch.

That's dependent on your resolve. I don't condone meddling in God's affairs myself, but you DO have a choice. Well, unless the medical community gets ahold of you first. BUT, we are seeing a push for legalized assistance in terminal cases. IMO it's your choice not the fed's but be prepared for any possible consequences When the Man comes around.

After having 3 heart attacks in a week, and 45 days in CICU at Vandy, followed by a transplant 19 days later, my advice is see a Dr. one you trust soon !!! That or make sure your " plot" is bought.

Done did it. Delivery, cremation and disposal paid for. I think around $2K total but don't quote me on that, I don't handle the finances. Still, it's cheaper than a box and a hole. That's gonna run you 10K. That is absolute :shrug::D

Lot of people frown on cremation but wasting perfectly usable real estate just so your dead corpse can rot is ludicrous to me. The church I was raised in made out like (never openly said, just hinted) you'd go to hell for a "Pagan" burial by fire. PPPfffftttt. If God can't put ashes back together then he ain't God.

Cremation, it's cheap, easy, leaves more of your $$ behind for your family, and they can spread your ashes over the gun range or your favorite fishing hole. A field full of people I don't know or care about ain't what I call resting peace.

Robin48 Go fishing, take your favorite gun and shoot something along the way, then take a long nap. Hope the ticker gets to feeling better.

Guest mustangdave
You guys are going to some really expensive dentists....

Last I checked, my mother charges around 800 for a crown.

5 crowns...a root canal...and a dental bridge....the crowns were $850...

That's dependent on your resolve. I don't condone meddling in God's affairs myself, but you DO have a choice. Well, unless the medical community gets ahold of you first. BUT, we are seeing a push for legalized assistance in terminal cases. IMO it's your choice not the fed's but be prepared for any possible consequences When the Man comes around.

Done did it. Delivery, cremation and disposal paid for. I think around $2K total but don't quote me on that, I don't handle the finances. Still, it's cheaper than a box and a hole. That's gonna run you 10K. That is absolute :):)

Lot of people frown on cremation but wasting perfectly usable real estate just so your dead corpse can rot is ludicrous to me. The church I was raised in made out like (never openly said, just hinted) you'd go to hell for a "Pagan" burial by fire. PPPfffftttt. If God can't put ashes back together then he ain't God.

Cremation, it's cheap, easy, leaves more of your $$ behind for your family, and they can spread your ashes over the gun range or your favorite fishing hole. A field full of people I don't know or care about ain't what I call resting peace.

Robin48 Go fishing, take your favorite gun and shoot something along the way, then take a long nap. Hope the ticker gets to feeling better.

Already feeling better. Anxiety and stress I think. I'll go see Samaha pretty soon to make momma happy.