Baretta 32 auto

Guest UKTN

My wife wants to get her handgun permit so we went looking at hand guns she liked the Beretta 32 auto as it had a safety and something I had not seen before a barrel that opens for the first cartridge. She liked that feature as she has a hard time racking slides. She didn't want a revolver due to the extra width and I know better than to try and get her to buy something she won't be happy with! I know a 32 may not be optimal but better than a 9m/m sitting in the draw unused. So does anyone have any experience with this type of gun, in particular the unusual pivoting barrel?

Edited by UKTN
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest strelcevina

Beretta Tomcat beautiful

Very accurate on 3-7yards ,

Pivoting barrel is best option on this little gun, because racking slide on Tomcat will be close to impossible for lady to.

It is well made for small up to medium hands.

DO trigger Is good and hard enough to avoid AD."You know she shooting you":cool:

That is positives so far

Negative would be.

It is small gun, and kicks like mule, :shrug:

my father in law has one. we had a fte kind of, he had put one in the chamber then it didnt want to come out when charged. it was fired to come free although a cleaning rod im sure would have knocked it loose. i did think it was a fine gun although quite small for me to hold.

Guest DrBoomBoom

Yep, I've got an old Tomcat with one eye (missing a grip screw). Very easy to load. I take the empty gun, magazine out, and safety on. Then I load the magazine to capacity, 7 bullets, and leave it aside. With the safety still on, I push the lever that tips up the barrel, load the round, and push the barrel back down until it clicks. Then I slide in the magazine. I never have to take off the safety or rack the slide at all, though I do when when I'm oiling it, still not necessary if I didn't want to.

I've put 258 rounds through it so far, A hundred remington, a hundred federal IIRC, and 8 hydra-shocks. The only time it had a jam, was when I purposely limp-wristed it to see what would happen. It should be held as if it were a snub .357, but it doesn't kick hardly at all, compared to a .38 snub, it just needs every ounce of force available to eject the cartridge (no ejector on a tip up barrel weapon) so it needs a solid platform.

It's easy to field strip, almost as fast as a Walther PP design. It likes to be clean and wet (like me).

I bought it after owning its baby brother the Bobcat, a .22lr of similar design, a gun I enjoy much, but wouldn't carry exept a bug for a bug. Both guns were purchased from the Rabbi, who gave me a good deal.

"Big bugs have little bugs upon their backs to bite 'em, and little bugs have smaller bugs, and so on, ad infinitum" -Jonathon Swift

Edited by DrBoomBoom
Guest HexHead

I used to have one. It's an okay pistol for a pocket pistol. I got rid of it when I decided to simplify my life and go to one or two types of ammo from five, and discovered how easy it was to carry a BHP in a decent holster and wanted a 1911.

If you don't like that long DA trigger pull on the Tomcat, you can carry it in "condition one". :D

I had one for a while. Decided to upgrade, to something smaller and eventually more powerful. But if your wife likes it, then go with it. It is a very good pistol. It will serve her well. Or at least better than something sitting at home.

I will recommend that she look at a Kel-Tec P-32 though. Easier to conceal but not to load. You can load it for her.

Edited by Marswolf
Guest sermon8r
My wife wants to get her handgun permit so we went looking at hand guns she liked the Beretta 32 auto as it had a safety and something I had not seen before a barrel that opens for the first cartridge. She liked that feature as she has a hard time racking slides. She didn't want a revolver due to the extra width and I know better than to try and get her to buy something she won't be happy with! I know a 32 may not be optimal but better than a 9m/m sitting in the draw unused. So does anyone have any experience with this type of gun, in particular the unusual pivoting barrel?

My Wife carries hers 24/7. easy to fit in most purses... side compartment with NOTHING else in with it.

also easy in pocket holster and lighter than bigger guns that tend to get left at home...